Northshore man arrested trying to bring gun into Disney

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    No permit -- and he loses his S&W -- wow, this Disney trip is getting real expensive for Mr. Langston...........

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    I went a couple years back with my BS Spyderco in my pocket. At the bag check one morning they spotted it and I rented a locker just outside the gate for the day.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I went a couple years back with my BS Spyderco in my pocket. At the bag check one morning they spotted it and I rented a locker just outside the gate for the day.

That's neato, but that wouldn't help the fact that homeboy was carrying concealed without a permit.

What's his username?

I'll try and find it. His name sounds familiar.

Herp Derp

580f9fc57d69a.image.jpg

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Disney doesn't play around with weapons. I personally know an alphabet agent who was asked to remove his weapon at the gate. He won the argument but it took some time. Many years ago a friend of mine was in the Nuclear Propulsion school in Orlando. He and some Navy friends were drunk and wound up underground in the Disney Jail till the got a ride from a very angry commanding officer. I asked him if the cuffs was shaped like mouse ears. They are not.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Langston was issued a "trespass warning" from all Walt Disney World property, which means that should he appear on Disney property again, he could be stopped for violating the trespass order.

Dang homie got off easy!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Disney doesn't play around with weapons. I personally know an alphabet agent who was asked to remove his weapon at the gate. He won the argument but it took some time. Many years ago a friend of mine was in the Nuclear Propulsion school in Orlando. He and some Navy friends were drunk and wound up underground in the Disney Jail till the got a ride from a very angry commanding officer. I asked him if the cuffs was shaped like mouse ears. They are not.

I bet they were thinking happiest place in the world my @$$.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    No permit -- and he loses his S&W -- wow, this Disney trip is getting real expensive for Mr. Langston...........

No where in that article does it say that?!? A trespassing violation is exactly what you would get if you entered a private business that didn't want guns on their property here; and were caught?!? And that is if you didn't just walk out the door when they mentioned it.

And since this article is chock full of details, one can only assume that the "security" guards at EPCOT don't have arrest powers to enforce Florida's conceal carry laws. Or, just didn't give a damn at that point.

By the way, I predict that we will see much more of this non-permitted carry in the future. I am sure it is quite prevalent now anyway. If you CC without a permit, and you never get caught, the true numbers would never be known. Besides, criminals that are concealing handguns while being arrested in the commission of crimes can't be counted as a good statistic that represents all that do it.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I have always carried legally with a permit, but have been stopped several times usually for traffic infractions on my part as a PC for stop and when I declare that I am carrying , rarely do they ask if its on a permit.. I am sure there might have been a charge or a bitch session if I was not operating on a permit, Ms guys are always surprised I declare.. I am like, at this point, I do not want to give you ANY reason to be concerned ... You have enough stress .. I still get tickets... I still walk away with my gun and he goes home or at least leaves my stop.. safely..

I understand why some carry without , not for tin foil reasons, some permits are not issued.. period..

As far as the theme park guys not having arrest powers, they have the same power as a walmart loss prevention guy.. Only if the guard is also a LEO, pulling extra duty for a concert or large event and happens to be there , is there really any arresting going on..

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Ms guys are always surprised I declare.. I am like, at this point, I do not want to give you ANY reason to be concerned ... You have enough stress .. I still get tickets... I still walk away with my gun and he goes home or at least leaves my stop.. safely..

Cool story. Read LA RS 40:1379.3

I.(1) No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry and conceal such handgun while under the influence of alcohol or a controlled dangerous substance. While a permittee is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled dangerous substance, an otherwise lawful permit is considered automatically suspended and is not valid. A permittee shall be considered under the influence as evidenced by a blood alcohol reading of .05 percent or greater by weight of alcohol in the blood, or when a blood test or urine test shows any confirmed presence of a controlled dangerous substance as defined in R.S. 40:961 and 964.
    (2) A permittee armed with a handgun in accordance with this Section shall notify any police officer who approaches the permittee in an official manner or with an identified official purpose that he has a weapon on his person, submit to a pat down, and allow the officer to temporarily disarm him. Whenever a law enforcement officer is made aware that an individual is carrying a concealed handgun and the law enforcement officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the individual is under the influence of either alcohol or a controlled dangerous substance, the law enforcement officer may take temporary possession of the handgun and request submission of the individual to a department certified chemical test for determination of the chemical status of the individual. Whenever a law enforcement officer is made aware that an individual is behaving in a criminally negligent manner as defined under the provisions of this Section, or is negligent in the carrying of a concealed handgun as provided for in R.S. 40:1382, the law enforcement officer may seize the handgun, until adjudication by a judge, if the individual is issued a summons or arrested under the provisions of R.S. 40:1382. Failure by the permittee to comply with the provisions of this Paragraph shall result in a six-month automatic suspension of the permit.
    (3) The permit to carry a concealed weapon shall be revoked by the deputy secretary when the permittee is carrying and concealing a handgun under any of the following circumstances:
    (a) The blood alcohol reading of a permittee is .05 percent or greater by weight of alcohol in the blood.
    (b) A permittee's blood test or urine test shows the confirmed presence of a controlled dangerous substance as defined in R.S. 40:961 and 964.
    (c) A permittee refuses to submit to a department-certified chemical test when requested to do so by a law enforcement officer pursuant to Paragraph (2) of this Subsection.
    (d) An individual is found guilty of negligent carrying of a concealed handgun as provided for in R.S. 40:1382.
    (4) The person tested may have a physician or a qualified technician, chemist, registered nurse, or other qualified person of his own choosing administer a chemical test or tests in addition to any administered at the direction of a law enforcement officer, and he shall be given the opportunity to telephone and request the qualified person to administer such test.
    (5) Whenever a peace officer determines that grounds under this Subsection exist for the revocation of a concealed handgun permit, he shall prepare an affidavit, on a form provided by the Department of Public Safety and Corrections, indicating the reasons for the revocation and all other information regarding the revocation available to the officer. A copy of the peace officer's report relating to the incident shall be attached to the affidavit when submitted to the department.

Well, I can see its not Hunh Bruh

I'd be surprised if you even knew who Hunh Bruh is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Is this:

(2) A permittee armed with a handgun in accordance with this Section shall notify any police officer who approaches the permittee in an official manner or with an identified official purpose that he has a weapon on his person, submit to a pat down, and allow the officer to temporarily disarm him.

Applicable the same way here:

Top Bottom