Is Yuengling still cool now that hipsters don't like it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    http://www.phillyvoice.com/beer-drinkers-disavow-yuengling-after-owner-shows-support-for-trump/

The owner of America's oldest brewery has come out in support of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump, and the company's faithful drinkers aren't too happy about it.

Eric Trump, the nominee's son, stopped at D. G. Yuengling & Son's in Pottsville on Monday while campaigning on behalf of his father.

His message to the company? Hard-working family businesses like Yuengling, a fixture in Schuylkill County since the 1800s, would thrive under a President Trump, the Reading Eagle reported Tuesday.

Yuengling's response?

"Our guys are behind your father," 73-year-old owner Richard "Dick" Yuengling Jr. said, according to the newspaper. "We need him in there."

Some fans of the beer were quick to retaliate Wednesday, declaring they plan to stop drinking Yuengling altogether. That includes Communications Director for Philadelphia's City Council, Jane Roh.

So since all the hipster Hillary wackos don't like Yuengling anymore... more for us? :rofl:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Hipsters you say?

Unlike hipsters, I drink what I like (not what people think is hip): Barrel Aged Stouts, Barleywines, and Porters. When I go to a generic bar, they don't have that, so I drink Yuengling. It's parade beer. What you quoted is my opinion that I still stand by. Yuengling is mediocre at best. You have failed miserably. I have yet to buy anything from Yuengling outside of a bar.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Unlike hipsters, I drink what I like (not what people think is hip): Barrel Aged Stouts, Barleywines, and Porters. When I go to a generic bar, they don't have that, so I drink Yuengling. It's parade beer. What you quoted is my opinion that I still stand by. Yuengling is mediocre at best. You have failed miserably. I have yet to buy anything from Yuengling outside of a bar.

Well I guess more for the rest of us non hipster types. :beer:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Well I guess more for the rest of us non hipster types. :beer:

Cool story, bro. I'll keep supporting the local guys.

12950312_144955272569667_2115702773_n.jpg

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Cool story, bro. I'll keep supporting the local guys.

12950312_144955272569667_2115702773_n.jpg

Get off your high horse for a moment.

Abita Beer is crap, deal with it. They haven't had a good beer come out of that brewery in a long time.

Have you ever drank a fresh Heady Topper?
    What about a fresh can of Sip of Sunshine?
    Ever had Ghost in the Machine on release day?
    How about a fresh Jai Alai?

All four of those IPA's are completely different.

And before you freak out again, IPA's are not my favorite either, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

I'd rather be drinking KBS.

Yeah those locals you sure do support them...

By trashing them in open forums and suggesting people try your hipster region imported **** water.

Now that's a cool story brohyme.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Yeah those locals you sure do support them...

By trashing them in open forums and suggesting people try your hipster region imported **** water.

Now that's a cool story brohyme.

Abita Beer is no longer the little local guy. Just because they base their operations in Abita Springs doesn't mean I have to support them or approve of what they do. They are in the realm of Sam Adams type macro craft breweries.

I support the local breweries throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. I've met a lot of good people through local breweries and I've even become good friends with some of those people. I happily support Gnarly Barley, Chafunkta, Old Rail, NOLA, Urban South, Courtyard, Second Line, Tin Roof, and all the upcoming micro breweries.

So before you start with more of your ****, lets get something straight... You don't know a damn thing.

Here's some photos of how I apparently don't support anyone local...

12826231_825746887571836_1842353224_n.jpg

10369382_1708560346057545_1942591407_n.jpg

13298075_1623110474678263_1914328154_n.jpg

13256755_238389969864296_1750810653_n.jpg

13129636_244452779245994_898795138_n.jpg

Oh and looky here... I was on the Steamboat Natchez at a private event held by Abita... drinking Abita beer...

12819115_1719912961623868_1608064510_n.jpg

:fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk: :fawk:

Last edited:

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Abita Beer is no longer the little local guy...

Check out Abita's tasting room in Covington -- free beer, all you want <g>

I buy beer based on what I like, not where it's made. As for Yeungling, I like the lager -- and it doesn't hurt that it's $5.88 / 6-pack at local Walmart.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Abita Beer is no longer the little local guy. Just because they base their operations in Abita Springs doesn't mean I have to support them or approve of what they do. They are in the realm of Sam Adams type macro craft breweries.

I support the local breweries throughout Louisiana and Mississippi. I've met a lot of good people through local breweries and I've even become good friends with some of those people. I happily support Gnarly Barley, Chafunkta, Old Rail, NOLA, Urban South, Courtyard, Second Line, Tin Roof, and all the upcoming micro breweries.

So before you start with more of your ****, lets get something straight... You don't know a damn thing.

Calm down brohsiph. Those are great stories. You are such a great story teller. Tell me more about your love for all things that are too good for the plebeians such as myself.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Check out Abita's tasting room in Covington -- free beer, all you want

I've been to Abita more times than I can count. The "free beer, all you want" tour changed when they expanded the brewery with the 800bbl vessels and added the gift shop. You now pay $5 for a commercialized tour, then get a few drink tokens to try 4-6 oz pours of Abita's flagship beers. Long gone are the days where I could walk up to the bar and pour my own beer.

I buy beer based on what I like, not where it's made. As for Yeungling, I like the lager -- and it doesn't hurt that it's $5.88 / 6-pack at local Walmart.

Yuengling isn't bad, it's just not what I want when I'm grilling on the patio. You get what you pay for. I've had beers that cost $15 for a 4 oz pour; good beers. Those are not what you would drink on the patio, but enough local breweries make sessionable beers under $10 for a six pack, that I don't even look at macro brands.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Man, y'all two MFers have a hard on for each other. I say y'all have a beer summit and hash out y'all differences.

Back to the original topic.... All the more reason to like and support Yuengling.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Man, y'all two MFers have a hard on for each other. I say y'all have a beer summit and hash out y'all differences.

Back to the original topic.... All the more reason to like and support Yuengling.

I'm waiting for him to get permabanned.

But back to the topic, as you've said... This makes me laugh.

Yuengling is punishing the black community apparently.

Yuengling_FB.width-800.png

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Yeah I'm fond of Dave_M. He is a legend...

well he's a legend somewhere.

Thing is It took me nearly no time at all to figure Dave out.
    He is the resident expert at everything.
    Now Dave does bring on occasion interesting tech I will gladly say that. But the rest of the time it's someone's a derp or that's a crappy product, only derps buy those.

And Honestly at this point he entertains me.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    this thread reminded me of this sweatshirt I saw recently.
    DBCB_crew_A_large.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom