Old Bird Over Prairieville?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Outside washing my bike right now, I hear something big with props overhead, look up, and see this. My first thought was B29, but that's next to impossible. Anyone else see it?

Sorry for the low res, it's the best I could do, but maybe someone can name something more probable?
    0f84173014f37719931f7a61a02cb32e.jpg

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    Awesome. Now, I feel kind of lucky. I don't figure too many are still flying.

And R32 Skyline just drove past, too, so a pretty good day for rare sights for me.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Yep saw the B-29 also flying kinda low over Prairieville/Galvez. I was talking to a buddy of mine and I heard it first and then saw it. Beautiful old bird!! Nothing like 4 radials singing together!!

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    Where Yat Mole. Now that you mention it I kind of sort of remember some think about another B29. I think I seen it more than a year ago. It's tough living with CRS. I wonder what ever happened to the Greenland B-29 that burned while under resto.
    Now that you mention it I kind of sort of remember some think about another B29. I think I seen it more than a year ago. It's tough living with CRS.

TheMole68

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 12, 2015
    Metairie, LA
    Took my kids to the Airpower show year before last. They dug it a bunch. I might try to get them out there this weekend.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    It is a B-29
    In conjunction with WW 2 museum they will be at lakefront airport tomorrow and I think Sunday also. Good eye

Yep! Too bad it's this weekend actually, because a lot of people will miss out on this soon to be lost spectacle. You have LSU game, Saints game, and youth deer hunt weekend just to name a few distractions. I would love to bring my family to this, but being with my youngest in his quest for his first deer takes precedence over everything else.

Nonetheless JHenly, good on you. Seeing that would have given me a chill of pride!

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    If you can afford a ride it is well worth it. The T6 or T19 are affordable or you can go big $$ and ride in a Mustang.
    They had 4 P40 variants, B29, B17, 1 Spitfire, two P51, Corsair, Hell Cat, 3 T6 that were mocked up zero''s. the living history crew was out there with all their toys.

Two F15's did a fly by today and buzzed the field

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    If you can afford a ride it is well worth it. The T6 or T19 are affordable or you can go big $$ and ride in a Mustang.
    They had 4 P40 variants, B29, B17, 1 Spitfire, two P51, Corsair, Hell Cat, 3 T6 that were mocked up zero''s. the living history crew was out there with all their toys.

Two F15's did a fly by today and buzzed the field

I have actually gotten to fly a T6 from the back seat. Years ago when working for a crop dusting service, the owner was good friends with a doctor out of north LA. that owned a T6 that was used in the movie Tora, Tora, Tora. The doctor flew it over to our strip and left it with us for about a week to have fun with. It was still painted in its movie paint. A sweet plane to fly even if from the back seat! :D

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Awesome. Now, I feel kind of lucky. I don't figure too many are still flying.

And R32 Skyline just drove past, too, so a pretty good day for rare sights for me.

if you saw the white skyline with white rims, its the guy that owns a couple used car dealerships on florida in B.R. That car is a total turd.... High milage, stock, abused in japan then sent over here for sale... The fact that it still runs amazes me if that was it.

JHenley17

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Prairieville
    if you saw the white skyline with white rims, its the guy that owns a couple used car dealerships on florida in B.R. That car is a total turd.... High milage, stock, abused in japan then sent over here for sale... The fact that it still runs amazes me if that was it.

It was black or dark gray. It honestly didn't look like much, hopefully a planned restoration.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I got buzzed by a pair of F14's today over Metairie Road. I didn't know we even still had F14's at Belle Chasse. While not part of the show maybe they decided to pass by the show?

BTW, we caught a Blue Angels practice in Pensacola earlier this week. Really missing the N.O. airshow. Freaked my daughter out, btw. She was busy watching a plane in front of us, didn't hear the one from behind doing 700 knots come from behind us! They actually had a name for this: a sneak! Awesome!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I got buzzed by a pair of F14's today over Metairie Road. I didn't know we even still had F14's at Belle Chasse. While not part of the show maybe they decided to pass by the show?

BTW, we caught a Blue Angels practice in Pensacola earlier this week. Really missing the N.O. airshow. Freaked my daughter out, btw. She was busy watching a plane in front of us, didn't hear the one from behind doing 700 knots come from behind us! They actually had a name for this: a sneak! Awesome!

F-14 aircraft have been retired from service for a few years now. None are in service as we speak. So apparently they were a different aircraft and not F-14.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

The blue angels practice is definitely worth seeing. When I'm back out that way we will go again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom