Louisiana Shrimp Creole

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA

I had about four pounds of shrimp I had to do something with and I thought about making Pad Thai but the wife suggested Shrimp Creole so why not?

Actually I ended up making enough to send some to my daughter who is having their kitchen and den remodeled so they basically can't cook right now and probably freeze some for one of those last minute non cooking meals.

Nice pot of Shrimp Creole

DSC00070.jpg

Served with corn, Lima Beans w/andouille and homemade Parker House rolls.

DSC00072.jpg

Not a bad meal for a rainy Monday evening!

DSC00074.jpg

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Parker House rolls? Is that an brand? They look good. I tried not to look at the other stuff cause it would make me too hungry! Rainey Monday hell - any day in my mind.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Parker House rolls? Is that an brand? They look good. I tried not to look at the other stuff cause it would make me too hungry! Rainey Monday hell - any day in my mind.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Parker+House+rolls

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parker_House_roll
    A Parker House roll is a bread roll made by flattening the center of a ball of dough with a rolling pin so that it becomes an oval shape and then folding the oval in half. They are made with milk and are generally quite buttery, soft, and slightly sweet with a crispy shell.

They were invented at the Parker House Hotel in Boston, during the 1870s.[1] Fannie Farmer gives a recipe for them in her 1896 Boston Cooking-School Cook Book.

The story of their creation has several variations,[2][3] but they all involve an angry pastry cook throwing unfinished rolls into the oven, which resulted in their dented appearance. The recipe for Parker House Rolls first started appearing in cookbooks in the 1880s.[4]

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    That's most likely the best thing I'll see tonight

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA

Thanks for that Whitsend. Never heard of them but gonna have to make some. Looks like they are just begging for some good sausage.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    That's most likely the best thing I'll see tonight

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

The food is undeniably delicious looking (I'm sure it tastes better than it looks), but I saw something way better last night... I didn't even eat dinner last night, so if you have any of those leftovers, I be hungry!

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Darn that looks GOOD !
    If you are going to post pictures of this fine looking creole, at least post the recipe or invite us over for dinner.
    The recipe would do....I enjoy cooking and shrimp creole freezes well. I have a craving for some now....see what you did !
    Gary

Top Bottom