Firearm Legislation and Trump

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    Howdy All,

Now that Trump's in, what do you think the real impact will be on firearm laws?
    I know it will be positive for us who shoot and collect, but has he stated anything specifically that he would do if elected?
    (Read: Panic buying and hording should be all but nonexistent now that he's in.)
    With so many issues I have had a difficult time of keeping track of everything...

Be well and thank you for your input!

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Howdy All,

I know it will be positive for us who shoot and collect, but has he stated anything specifically that he would do if elected?
    (Read: Panic buying and hording should be all but nonexistent now that he's in.)
    With so many issues I have had a difficult time of keeping track of everything...

I think the only thing that will change is the 'panic'...I don't think any Federal laws will be repealed or amended to allow more freedom on this matter...but, the real threat of gun bans is gone for at least 2 years (midterm elections).

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I think the only thing that will change is the 'panic'...I don't think any Federal laws will be repealed or amended to allow more freedom on this matter...but, the real threat of gun bans is gone for at least 2 years (midterm elections).

This.

Nothing will change, except for more bills/laws being introduced, because they think they have a better shot getting them passed now.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Howdy All,

This.

Nothing will change, except for more bills/laws being introduced, because they think they have a better shot getting them passed now.

He will appoint pro-2nd Amendment Judges to the US Supreme Court!

nuff said!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I align with him quite nicely on most all policy I have heard/read him discussing.

Can you imagine the lib-tard caterwauling that will take place if he does.

Is it bad that I get some form of joy / amusement from watching these people whine and pout?

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    There was one point in the campaign that he said he was open to the idea of applying the no-fly list to gun checks, so those on the list couldn't buy a gun. I don't know if he was just open to the idea of doing that or intends to so. But that was the only thing I remember came up that he had any specific comment on, other than he supports and will uphold the 2nd amendment right to own guns, generally speaking.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Hearing protection act being passed would be a good start.

The way people buy suppressors they would be nuts to let that cash cow slip away.

NFA items should be approved over the phone just like all other items. The $200 isn't the issue (for me at least), the wait is.

JR1572

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I think we're going to see big, positive changes. Remember, DJT is a concealed carrier himself!

Direct from DonaldJTrump.com: https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/constitution-and-second-amendment/

Excerpt:

Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:

• Military bases and recruiting centers - to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves
    • National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states
    • Background checks - we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.
    • Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own

Not bad, eh?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The way people buy suppressors they would be nuts to let that cash cow slip away.

NFA items should be approved over the phone just like all other items. The $200 isn't the issue (for me at least), the wait is.

JR1572

I don't mind a NICS check but, the regestering, the retarded wait time and the $200 is ridiculous.

Top Bottom