Possible Mississippi Legal Action

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Thanks for the heads up. Due to school and new jobs, I lost track of this. Hattiesburg has turned into a disgusting mini-Chicago in terms of decline and politics. The Hoods mentioned in the article are just as bad.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Thanks for the heads up. Due to school and new jobs, I lost track of this. Hattiesburg has turned into a disgusting mini-Chicago in terms of decline and politics. The Hoods mentioned in the article are just as bad.

It's had some rough spots for a long time. But it's still a great place to spend a Saturday. :cheers:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    If they are taking firearms from citizens without just cause he should contact the NRA and get them involved.

Seems to me the NRA getting involved is the solution. I would however note if this were merely a publicity stunt then the NRA would just suck this guys oxygen right out the room.

The little I glanced at the page says HPD was selling siezed guns. I would venture to say that's not very anti-gun. That's more of a take them from criminals kind of agenda.

Now are they doing everything right with the seizures? IDK. Seizures of so called "forfeited" assets is one point of contention across the nation right now it isn't talked about much, but in some cases I believe may be being done unconstitutionally. I'm not going to argue today I have too much stuff to do but I will say "Google" "Tennessee police seizing money instead of drugs" dig around for other stories that are similar and make your own decisions.

Last edited:

DangerClose3/5

Rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Covington
    "In early January of this year the Hattiesburg Police Department announced a public sale of weapons seized over a number of years. After receiving many complaints in my enhanced carry classes that Hattiesburg PD was seizing citizens’ guns over and over again without charges, I decided to get involved."

This is what caught my attention.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    "In early January of this year the Hattiesburg Police Department announced a public sale of weapons seized over a number of years. After receiving many complaints in my enhanced carry classes that Hattiesburg PD was seizing citizens’ guns over and over again without charges, I decided to get involved."

This is what caught my attention.

Yeah I made it past that portion and just barely into the public records request and my eyes glazed a little, but I would remind you about a grain of salt. But if this is a reality then getting the NRA involved would be a no brainer.

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    Though it started as a gun rights violation investigation, it sounds like the suit will focus on Mississippi's public records law. Not sure the NRA would participate to champion what looks like a public records case. Also it sounds like this is not Mr Ward's 1st rodeo.

Top Bottom