Defective Scope? Mount off?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Good thought. Might give that try this weekend.

Ha - no wasn't meant to be a joke. Thought you meant actually looking down the bore as can be done with smaller caliber bolt actions. Actually - I have a Bushnell laser bore sight tool that I bought for this very task - only problem was I couldnt see the laser even at 25 yards. Maybe I will try one of the other types.

Those lasers are indoor and usually pretty short range. I would try setting it up in a gunvise or something and seeing if you can visually watch the crosshairs as you try to dross it in. Honestly I think you have a bad scope.

danthemanx07

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Mandeville
    Those lasers are indoor and usually pretty short range. I would try setting it up in a gunvise or something and seeing if you can visually watch the crosshairs as you try to dross it in. Honestly I think you have a bad scope.

Well that explains a lot. The stupid thing comes virtually no instructions and says nothing about using indoors at short ranges. Oh well. I think you are right based on all the comments here. I will set it up tonight with the boresighter at home and see what things look like when I move the elevation adjustment, but I am not hopeful. I am going to go ahead and give Cabelas a call about their lifetime guarantee on their products. I hope I can get it swapped out easily if that is what it comes to.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Dan, I have a couple 4x scopes from other rifles you are more than welcome to try. Gonna PM you as I'm working tonight in BR and might could catch you for a drop off

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Most likely more than the scope can handle.

Sounds like either you have the incorrect mount or your scope is FUBAR.

This. Since the mounts are factory supplied, I'd have to think it's a scope issue. Likely a cheap Chinese scope with a nice Cabela's logo on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danthemanx07

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Mandeville
    Well - I think the problem has been fixed. Was a bad scope I believe. Put on a new one and got back out to the range. Still shot very low to start, but was able to get it up and on target in a few shots. I should have but did not count the elevation change it required. I know it still seemed like a lot. You can see where the impact walked up the target as I adjusted:

Seems to be where I need it now. Thanks for all the help! Merry Christmas!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well - I think the problem has been fixed. Was a bad scope I believe. Put on a new one and got back out to the range. Still shot very low to start, but was able to get it up and on target in a few shots. I should have but did not count the elevation change it required. I know it still seemed like a lot. You can see where the impact walked up the target as I adjusted:

Seems to be where I need it now. Thanks for all the help! Merry Christmas!

Glad to see your u got things working. What was the distance on these shots? Also the 22+/- caliber holes were not lost on me. Right of center seems like a decent string too if range was 100yards.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom