Wait time for prints at LSP headquarters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jlately

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    River Ridge
    I have submitted my online application for a CHP and I just need to get my fingerprints taken. I work in Baton Rouge so I stopped by LSP headquarters today and the wait time for fingerprints was 1-2 hours. Is this normal, or is is just because of the holidays this week? I'd really like to be able to do it during a lunch break, rather than have to take a half-day off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    The difference is the possibility of getting your permit 3-6 months earlier.
    Current wait time for paper prints is 7-10 months.
    Doing prints at LSP, wait time is 1-8 months.

If it means taking half a day off, you have to ask yourself is it worth it for you.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    The difference is the possibility of getting your permit 3-6 months earlier.
    Current wait time for paper prints is 7-10 months.
    Doing prints at LSP, wait time is 1-8 months.

If it means taking half a day off, you have to ask yourself is it worth it for you.

Wow! I wasnt aware of that! Yeah, probably better off spending the time at LSP!

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Ive had my permit a while, but when I did go get prints at LSP it was prob around 1-1 1/2 hr wait. Play snake on your phone or something and just accept your fate.

Jlately

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    River Ridge
    Thanks everyone. Just wanted to know if I should plan to take the half-day or not. Looks like that's what I'll be doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Thanks everyone. Just wanted to know if I should plan to take the half-day or not. Looks like that's what I'll be doing.

If you can get in there first thing in the morning, you shouldn't have to wait more than 10-15 minutes.

What he said ^^

Get there right as they open and you won't have to wait more than 15 minutes. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes whenever I went.

Dirtchevy841

Reloader
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Nov 17, 2014
    Covington La

Just think this will be the only time you have to waste a morning doing this. Renewal they will already have your prints on file so take the time and do it right less wait time.

Jlately

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    River Ridge
    Thanks for the replies everyone. I got there first thing last Wednesday, waited about 20 minutes, and got approved today. LSP HQ is definitely the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trith72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2016
    Shreveport
    It really depends on time of day. When I did mine I got there about 10:30 and it took right at two hours because the place was very busy. I had two coworkers who went and showed up when the doors opened and they were done in 15 minutes, so the early bird does get the worm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom