How to carry an extra mag with a tucked in shirt

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bradb4178

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Ruston / Baton Rouge
    I work in an office in which i have to wear khaki pants and a tucked in shirt everyday. I am currently running a Kahr Pm9 in an urban carry holster. This holster allows me to still have my shirt tucked in while being able to get to my gun. I am wanting to carry a spare mag on me but i am not sure how. I carry a knife and a flashlight along with a notebook in my left pocket and my cell phone for work in my right pocket. What solutions do yall have that will be comfortable for all day carry as well as easy to get to since my pockets are filled and my shirt has to stay tucked in.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There are hundreds of tuckable IWB magazine carriers out there. And if you already have a knife clipped to one pocket and no one says anything, you can just put a neomag on the other pocket.

I sure as hell hope you've trained with that "holster."

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    I've been seeing this quite a bit lately - and seems like a sound concept: http://www.extracarry.com/collections/all However, I'm not sure what they're smoking expecting 50 bucks for that.

One method you could look into is ankle carry for your spare mags: https://www.amazon.com/Desantis-Double-Ankle-Mag-Pouch/dp/B0048KMHVS. I've tried something similar I made myself and used it to carry a spare magazine, knife, and pepper spray. For someone that doesn't like ankle carrying their gun, but doesn't mind having something on their ankle this is a good solution in my opinion.

Bradb4178

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Ruston / Baton Rouge
    Homeslice,

I saw the extra carry system while googling and i couldn't believe the price either. Seems a little steep for kydex and a pocket clip. I do like the ankle carry rig. Thanks for the help!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I put mine in my front pocket weak side. My phone ride rear weak side. My knife is clipped strong side front pocket. Keys front, wallet rear strong side. I could easily add a note book flashlight but I really don't like that much in my pockets. But my m&p shield mag wasn't a big deal to add for me.

How do you like the urban carry? Do you feel it's easy to draw from? Comfortable?

Bradb4178

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Ruston / Baton Rouge
    Whitebread,

I love the urban carry. At first it was a little uncomfortable until the leather broke in but now it is amazing. It allows me to sit down and bend all day without worrying about printing or being uncomfortable. I also don't have to worry about my shirt coming untucked when i am working on things since the gun sits below the waist line. I have trained with it a good bit and to me it is very easy to draw from. They just came out with the urban carry G2 which to me is a better design and has some nice features i wish the original had when i bought mine. I wear my Urban Carry with all my work clothes. Khaki pants, dress slacks, suit pants, etc. To me it is very versatile.

Last edited:

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    I just cant get past the thought of pulling that holster up and having my gun go flying out. Im sure it would not happen, but the thought of it keeps me from spending the $$$$$ on this holster.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In back pocket with wallet.
    I know it isn't ideal for quick access, but I'm will to take that calculated risk. Also, I can't tell it's even there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    The Urban has caught my eye, but I have fairly large quads and wear jeans almost every day. Dunno how well it would work in that instance.

Top Bottom