ADI 300 BLK Ammo - Bullet Unseat Issue and Resolution

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Hello all, I'm back! Well, almost back, I'll be back in Louisiana in December. With my travel and moving schedule over the last 3 years, it has been extremely hard to get high volume training in, but I had some down time this month so I picked up a bunch of ammo from Australian Munitions (300 BLK, 144gr FMJ). I found a range near Charlotte NC and settled in for a long overdue range day.

The first three rounds fired without issue, but when I unloaded the rifle (a ceasefire was called), I noticed only the case came out. Darn bullet unseated and became stuck in the chamber, and caused a huge mess of powder in my AR.

I was so pissed about it that I emailed the manufacturer directly. Because they are in AU, I wasn't expecting a quick reply, but the next morning I had a message. We had a good exchange and they are making it right. Their customer service surprised me for being so good to an end user. Not sure if anyone else has had the same problem with this brand, but I will definitely give them another chance based on my experience with their sales manager.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Yes, I put 40 rounds of Sig 125gr ammo through it with no problems, so I can't think it would be anything other than the ammo. The gun works fine so far, but I haven't shot it enough to know for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom