Gun purchase form

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    Had an unusual experience recently. Went to buy a used .22 rifle at a pawnshop, the clerk pushed a small laptop toward me. Instead of filling out the paper form for background check, the CUSTOMER has to type in all their data themselves. The screen and the fields are really small. So I started in, no cursor, touchscreen, I learned from the clerk. At about the tenth blank, the computer would not accept any data. Clerk was off in the back somewhere. I said, the hell with this, and walked out. I'm ok with self-checkout at some grocery stores, but this was tedious and frustrating. Just didn't want the gun that badly. Yes, I am an older guy; young people may laugh at this story. Oh, well.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The "gun purchase form" is a form 4473. FFL's can use an alternate method to have a customer fill the 4473 out, which is electronic. Not all FFL's do this.

I'm sorry to hear that you dislike using computers and have zero patience for buying a firearm. The irony is that you took time out of your day to rant about it on a public forum via a computer.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    but the cool thing about doing this in the shop on a laptop is after the first time you don't have to do it again the next time you buy a gun just have to sign all info is still the same is good to go. .

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    The "gun purchase form" is a form 4473. FFL's can use an alternate method to have a customer fill the 4473 out, which is electronic. Not all FFL's do this.

I'm sorry to hear that you dislike using computers and have zero patience for buying a firearm. The irony is that you took time out of your day to rant about it on a public forum via a computer.

:mamoru:

Gotta learn to use that tab and shift tab.

I hate those paper forms.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner

^^^^^ Your best yet Dave:rofl:

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Some of the electronic 4473 systems are decent. Some are terrible. Which would be further compounded by a shitty little laptop. I would've asked for a paper form or just walked out. With the laptop. :D

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Some of the electronic 4473 systems are decent. Some are terrible. Which would be further compounded by a shitty little laptop. I would've asked for a paper form or just walked out. With the laptop. :D

Cabela's makes you go to a Windows 95 CRT Monitor lookin' PC and fill it out question by question like a Powerpoint in high school.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Had an unusual experience recently. Went to buy a used .22 rifle at a pawnshop, the clerk pushed a small laptop toward me. Instead of filling out the paper form for background check, the CUSTOMER has to type in all their data themselves. The screen and the fields are really small. So I started in, no cursor, touchscreen, I learned from the clerk. At about the tenth blank, the computer would not accept any data. Clerk was off in the back somewhere. I said, the hell with this, and walked out. I'm ok with self-checkout at some grocery stores, but this was tedious and frustrating. Just didn't want the gun that badly. Yes, I am an older guy; young people may laugh at this story. Oh, well.

If the computer wouldn't accept the data and the clerk wasn't around to assist you...you probably saved yourself some time and aggravation by leaving...I'm sure you can find a similar deal later on if you really want the .22

YLjVpBt.jpg

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Great now I had to Goole sequitur............
    FYI some are not very tech oriented. I just last month got a new cell phone as my 11 year old flip phone was no longer going to be able to be used with the provider.
    Only App I added was Yahoo mail so i can see who emailed me without turning on a computer.
    I do have one whole text from my brother to make sure that works. I{it's a phone} I have a camera that I use. So I never used the camera!
    I use the phone part to talk with my wife when she calls on her lunch brake. It is a phone dammit! Did i say i hate phone zombies! They can not drive a car, walk ect since they are on the phone

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Just tell the person you are "hard of seeing " and "computer illiterate".... if you ask the questions I will tell you the answers and you can put it in that thing .

Top Bottom