The Discussion Continued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    No, if they charge the officer, there will be a huge ass protest over "yet another unjustified" police shooting. It won't be peaceful and it won't be pretty.

FYI, I have no idea what's coming down from above. Oh look! A turtle.

If they charge the officer that shot Alton with Murder, why would there be a protest? If they rule the shooting justified then yes I agree, PROTEST.

Just trying to be clear and make sure we understand one another.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    No. I just work in areas that are somewhat hazardous.

I wear the carrier under my shirt, about the same as concealed carry. No see um.

Somewhat hazardous? Where is this hazardous area? My plate carrier rides on my front seat to supplement my armor that's already on.

JR1572

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If they charge the officer that shot Alton with Murder, why would there be a protest? If they rule the shooting justified then yes I agree, PROTEST.

Just trying to be clear and make sure we understand one another.

We are understanding each other lol.

They will protest simply because it will be an extension of the first protest that said it was unjustifiable. So if it is announced that charges will be brought, they will get out their paid protesters to reinforce their narrative that it was unjustified even before a trial. There is more than one community that will protest and it's not the peaceful ones that are the issue.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    We are understanding each other lol.

They will protest simply because it will be an extension of the first protest that said it was unjustifiable. So if it is announced that charges will be brought, they will get out their paid protesters to reinforce their narrative that it was unjustified even before a trial. There is more than one community that will protest and it's not the peaceful ones that are the issue.

I still don't know about a reinforcement protest... I can see a lot of pigs feet and turkey necks getting boiled, and a bunch of malt liquor drank!

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Boiled turkey necks are delicious.

Don't knock it until you try it.

JR1572

I had a black neighbor and every month he'd invite his whole family over and me... Pigs feet and turkey necks was always on the menu, and I agree they're pretty damn good. I'm cultured like that!

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Some people think Plank Rd is Mogadishu...

Nothing wrong with Plank. I don't go down those side streets though, no business around there. In fact, I don't think I work anywhere in BR that's particularly risky. Couple of offices in N.O. I'm not comfortable with the surrounding neighborhood (yeah, lets build an open office complex in window bars central), some other places in the state that I'm not familiar with the area, etc.

JR, I'm not ignoring your picture request and will get you a signed image as soon as possible. It's nothing fancy, just an AR500 XL carrier and III+ plates. I don't wear soft armor since I don't particularly care for expiration dates, mine especially. Also, I have NEVER been shot at. Just saying.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    WTF.

So why do you have a PC?

Why not? What if I do get shot at? I carry a gun because I might have to defend myself. I figure the same reasoning behind wearing armor, if I have to defend myself I'm wanting to minimize the likelyhood that I die. I guess I could even extend this reasoning to be so unreasonable as to drive an armored vehicle, but obviously I don't so apparently my sense of reason is lacking. Although I did like the uparmored Porsche I worked on for RJF.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Why not? What if I do get shot at? I carry a gun because I might have to defend myself. I figure the same reasoning behind wearing armor, if I have to defend myself I'm wanting to minimize the likelyhood that I die. I guess I could even extend this reasoning to be so unreasonable as to drive an armored vehicle, but obviously I don't so apparently my sense of reason is lacking.

Do you carry a tourniquet?
    What about an IFAK? Combat Guaze?
    How many mags do you carry?

You have a greater chance of getting of Dindu Nuffins asking you for a dollar than getting shot, and an even smaller chance that in the event you got shot that the round hit your PC.

Suburbazine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Do you carry a tourniquet?
    What about an IFAK? Combat Guaze?
    How many mags do you carry?

You have a greater chance of getting of Dindu Nuffins asking you for a dollar than getting shot, and an even smaller chance that in the event you got shot that the round hit your PC.

I have 2 RATS in my car. I should carry one with me but I don't.
    IFAK also in my car.
    I carry 2 extra mags.

A lot of people ask me for a dollar. I don't know if any of them could be classed as Dindu Nuffins though. The purpose of the PC is to limit the likelihood of taking an immediately fatal bullet, not stop me from being perforated.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Why not? What if I do get shot at? I carry a gun because I might have to defend myself. I figure the same reasoning behind wearing armor

logical approach!

A democrat would likely criticize you for carrying a gun (or armor) b/c you know...you're being too paranoid and probably live in fear.

I can't really criticize you for adding another layer of protection for yourself....kudos. We all make these kinds of subjective, protective judgements everyday...some go further than others.

Top Bottom