FBI is pissing me off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So I decided to take a rifle home from the shop today. Filled out a 4476. Sat down at the computer and logged onto my account with NICS. Entered my own information. Was delayed. :confused:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    This is handled by the Department of Justice and their normal turnaround is 5 to 6 months.
    I went to get my shotgun out of hock because I had a medical bill to pay, when I went to get it out my paperwork was denied. I wrote to find out why and sent a fingerprint card with it. I got a simple reply that I was considered a fugitive from justice.....really? Didn't tell me why, or for what, but a friend called the FBI for me and it turned out I had a warrant for a bad check from 36 years ago that my ex wife caused by cleaning out the bank account before it cleared. I drove three hours, saw the Judge, paid the fine for the warrant and it was cleared, paid restitution and court costs and everything else. I sent all the paperwork to the FBI two months ago, and not a note or anything from them, and meanwhile my payments go on at the pawn shop. I can't count the number of guns I have purchased in the last 36 years and background checks for Government contracts and even the DEA when I got my Paramedic license to carry narcotics, now I cannot even get my shotgun back.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Very confused?

Rifle is still at the shop. I just checked. I'm still on delay. Might not ever get a disposition. If not, I'll pick up the rifle on the fifth. No biggie. Just a thought the bit of irony would be, somehow, relevant to the OP's situation.

I've seen police chiefs get Denied.
    I've seen Judges get Denied.
    I've seen attorneys get Denied.
    I've seen Surgeons get Denied.

All of the above ended up legally getting their firearms.

The process, however flawed, does work. File the appeal. Document everything.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Rifle is still at the shop. I just checked. I'm still on delay. Might not ever get a disposition. If not, I'll pick up the rifle on the fifth. No biggie. Just a thought the bit of irony would be, somehow, relevant to the OP's situation.

I've seen police chiefs get Denied.
    I've seen Judges get Denied.
    I've seen attorneys get Denied.
    I've seen Surgeons get Denied.

All of the above ended up legally getting their firearms.

The process, however flawed, does work. File the appeal. Document everything.

I know a lot of people that get delayed but not "denied".

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I know a lot of people that get delayed but not "denied".

Yep. I agree. However, Lots of normal, upstanding citizens get denied every year. Two of the people I mentioned above, have multiple NFA items. Yet they still got a denial.

On another note. I just checked my status. I have a proceed.

SwampForg-1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Holden,Louisiana
    I am always freaking when I go to retrieve my weapons from the Pawn. I know I have a clean record but I am still required to wait five days for a background check even though I am a previous Law Enforcement Officer, have a clean record, have my Concealed Carry Permit and have purchased numerous weapons. Perhaps they (the lil guys in black pajamas) don't like how I talk abut the piece of s**t POTUS and the rest of them well dress criminals in the congress and senate. Well either way I have always been able to get my stuff after the five days so I have to be satisfied.

SwampForg-1956

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Holden,Louisiana
    The statue of limitations does expire after a certain amount of time, except for murder (there is no limitation for murder).
    However if an arrest warrant was issued then it is effective till served. If stopped you can/will be arrested. Now the D.A. or the judge can and more than likely will dismiss the charges. So it is a game of craps, roll 7 you win, roll 3 and you CRAPS. Hope it all gets cleared up.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I am always freaking when I go to retrieve my weapons from the Pawn. I know I have a clean record but I am still required to wait five days for a background check even though I am a previous Law Enforcement Officer, have a clean record, have my Concealed Carry Permit and have purchased numerous weapons. Perhaps they (the lil guys in black pajamas) don't like how I talk abut the piece of s**t POTUS and the rest of them well dress criminals in the congress and senate. Well either way I have always been able to get my stuff after the five days so I have to be satisfied.

This is why I will never pawn a firearm again. This is bull$hit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom