FBI is pissing me off

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PappaDoc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2016
    Iowa Louisiana
    I went to get my shotgun out of hock because I had a medical bill to pay, when I went to get it out my paperwork was denied. I wrote to find out why and sent a fingerprint card with it. I got a simple reply that I was considered a fugitive from justice.....really? Didn't tell me why, or for what, but a friend called the FBI for me and it turned out I had a warrant for a bad check from 36 years ago that my ex wife caused by cleaning out the bank account before it cleared. I drove three hours, saw the Judge, paid the fine for the warrant and it was cleared, paid restitution and court costs and everything else. I sent all the paperwork to the FBI two months ago, and not a note or anything from them, and meanwhile my payments go on at the pawn shop. I can't count the number of guns I have purchased in the last 36 years and background checks for Government contracts and even the DEA when I got my Paramedic license to carry narcotics, now I cannot even get my shotgun back.

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    Your tax dollars at work. That sucks. Call them and call them and call them again. It's easy to ignore a stack of paperwork, a letter or an email. It is harder to ignore a voice on the phone and even better if you can show up in person.
    Hope it works out for you.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Your friend was able to get that info?
    I can't even get the lady at the hospital to tell me which room one of my congregants is over the phone.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I can't even get the lady at the hospital to tell me which room one of my congregants is over the phone.
    aint that the truth, i couldn't even get the hospital to tell me what room my wife was in over the phone when she had to go to the ER few years ago. and im her damn husband!

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

aint that the truth, i couldn't even get the hospital to tell me what room my wife was in over the phone when she had to go to the ER few years ago. and im her damn husband!

True it is aggrevating and a pain in the rear. But the truth is legally they cannot and will not release such info over the phone due to healthcare laws that are in place. It relates to the patient privacy laws in place to protect the patients rights and protect them from any harm that an unkown person might wish to bring upon them by "discovering" their location in the medical system. It has its goods and bads. We just have to deal with them. My wife who is a step mom to my oldest son can not request or sign for release of his medical records, I must do all of the approval for releases of info. A big hassel!

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The Brady Law should be repealed. Most denials are false positives or errors. Overall it is a waste of money.
    Fu#k the Department of Education!

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    True it is aggrevating and a pain in the rear. But the truth is legally they cannot and will not release such info over the phone due to healthcare laws that are in place. It relates to the patient privacy laws in place to protect the patients rights and protect them from any harm that an unkown person might wish to bring upon them by "discovering" their location in the medical system. It has its goods and bads. We just have to deal with them. My wife who is a step mom to my oldest son can not request or sign for release of his medical records, I must do all of the approval for releases of info. A big hassel!

Naw, I wasn't critical of the hospital. I get it and approve. But what op's friend got over the phone sounds a little more personally invasive.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC

Naw, I wasn't critical of the hospital. I get it and approve. But what op's friend got over the phone sounds a little more personally invasive.

I will say though that I can walk in and get anyone's room number I want with no questions. I can also walk all over the hospital and go wherever I want with little more than a glance. Such is life

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish

I didnt think you were being critical of them. I was trying to explain why they do it. And I agree with you on the point of the op getting the info he got over the phone. Too much info released in my opinion.

veus00

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2014
    Iowa City, IA
    Your tax dollars at work. That sucks. Call them and call them and call them again. It's easy to ignore a stack of paperwork, a letter or an email. It is harder to ignore a voice on the phone and even better if you can show up in person.
    Hope it works out for you.

Do This, be all up them and they will attend to you.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Wrong title man - FBI, try ATF.
    Also try not bashing a Government Agency on a PUBLIC FORM.

lol bash who needs bashing, "spare not the rod" they aint nothing special to me, if wrong has been done then there is no need to hold your tongue, that's whats wrong with America today, even thought they don't act like it, but they work for us!!!! we pay there salary....

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    lol bash who needs bashing, "spare not the rod" they aint nothing special to me, if wrong has been done then there is no need to hold your tongue, that's whats wrong with America today, even thought they don't act like it, but they work for us!!!! we pay there salary....

they are starting new lists for all you haters!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom