Rifle ranges for sighting-in, etc. - BTR area?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm hoping to find somewhere around Baton Rouge to do some sight-in work or occasionally keep proficient.

Most of the time I shoot handguns indoors. However I do own rifles. I want to make sure that my equipment is OK and so am I.

I don't get to hunt like I did when I was younger, mainly because I no longer have a place to go. Until my late 40's my family had a piece of property that I could always use but my folks sold it a number of years ago.

The indoor ranges (like Precision and Baker) that let you shoot rifles aren't long enough for my purposes. It would be nice to have at least 100 yards and more. I once tried to use Hunters Run but they told me that you have to join in order to shoot rifles there. I have shot skeet there without having to be a member though.

I'd like to find a place that I could go a couple of times a year without having to spend $500. Does that exist around Baton Rouge?

If anyone knows of some place and perhaps prices, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm hoping to find somewhere around Baton Rouge to do some sight-in work or occasionally keep proficient.

Most of the time I shoot handguns indoors. However I do own rifles. I want to make sure that my equipment is OK and so am I.

I don't get to hunt like I did when I was younger, mainly because I no longer have a place to go. Until my late 40's my family had a piece of property that I could always use but my folks sold it a number of years ago.

The indoor ranges (like Precision and Baker) that let you shoot rifles aren't long enough for my purposes. It would be nice to have at least 100 yards and more. I once tried to use Hunters Run but they told me that you have to join in order to shoot rifles there. I have shot skeet there without having to be a member though.

I'd like to find a place that I could go a couple of times a year without having to spend $500. Does that exist around Baton Rouge?

If anyone knows of some place and perhaps prices, I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Palo Alto has a 600 yard range and is $225 a year. If you go a few times, it's well worth it (I'm not a member)

http://www.paloaltogunclub.org/contactus.html

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The Sherburne range is more like 50ish minutes from BR. You need a hunting or fishing license to use the WMA range. If you don't hunt or fish I recommend getting the 'hook and line' license, which is like $1.75. Hunter's Run recently opened their rifle range up to the public. I think it's $25 to use it. It's $5 to use it if you are a member, so if you plan to go more than 10 times in a year or shoot a lot of clays it makes sense to join.

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hunters Run in Port Allen has skeet, pistol and a 100 yd rifle range. Non members for the rifle range is $25.00
    Member cost is $200 YR plus $5/hr. I have been a member for years and like the place

Last edited:

miscverb

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 23, 2016
    Destrehan LA
    Eymards in larose/cutoff is a bit of a drive for you but WORTH it. You can bring your riles, handguns, and shotguns there. Only $21 for all day and you can make an event out of it. Very helpful staff, professional and friendly, combined w/great price. Worth the drive.

SouthernUnderGod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'm glad to know that Hunter's Run has a per day option now. I had gone there to shoot skeet on a per day basis. One day a while back I went with my son-in-law who wanted to sight in his AR and we were told that rifles were "members only."

I can't wait to give some of these sites a try.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Nicks in Garyville, 100 yd outdoor range. Cost for 1 day is $22, Get the yearly membership for $90 and pay $5 for each visit. It's only about 30-45 minutes to get to from Baton Rouge.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Hunters Run in Port Allen has skeet, pistol and a 100 yd rifle range. Non members for the rifle range is $25.00
    Member cost is $200 YR plus $5/hr. I have been a member for years and like the place

I'm a member at Hunter's Run. I didn't know non-members could use the rifle range for a higher fee, thought it was member's only. I'll ask when I'm out there Saturday. OP is welcome to come with me as a guest ($15 per hour), just send me a PM.

Top Bottom