LA Gun

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Talking Is Jerry V gone from WRNO???

I accidentally tuned into WRNO before 9am and some other show is on. If Jerry V is in fact gone I may have to start listening in the morning again!
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh...

I hope he is GONE FOREVER !

Marksman
    +1
    Anybody know where John Osterling is now?

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nail Gun View Post
    I accidentally tuned into WRNO before 9am and some other show is on. If Jerry V is in fact gone I may have to start listening in the morning again!
    I had the same oops Yeaterday. I got bored pretty fast, but at least he wasn't Jerry V.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
    Benjamin Franklin

Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.
    John Adams

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
    Josef Stalin

That's awesome. I stopped listening to 99.5 before 11am years ago. Between Jerry V and Glenn Beck's crazy ass boo-hoo shit I wanted to eat my duty gun.

Now they need to get Mark Levin back!
    Changed signature to something cool again.

Quote Originally Posted by ta2d_cop View Post
    They dropped Levin too?

wow, I assumed he was still on in the evenings.
    "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long" - Ron Paul

"I can sacrifice my liberties, and you can sacrifice yours, but I cannot sacrifice yours; neither can a majority in Congress sacrifice yours or mine." - Judge Andrew Napolitano

Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    +1
    Anybody know where John Osterling is now?

this is the only thing I could find: http://thehayride.com/2015/10/comeba...back-to-radio/

Looks like 1-3p on 990am in new orleans...but that was a year ago
    "Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. America was born of protest, revolution and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long" - Ron Paul

"I can sacrifice my liberties, and you can sacrifice yours, but I cannot sacrifice yours; neither can a majority in Congress sacrifice yours or mine." - Judge Andrew Napolitano

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by ta2d_cop View Post
    That's awesome. I stopped listening to 99.5 before 11am years ago. Between Jerry V and Glenn Beck's crazy ass boo-hoo shit I wanted to eat my duty gun.

+1
    In the rare event I actually tune into Beck its with more of a entertain me monkey mindset.
    Quote Originally Posted by sliguns View Post
    They dropped Levin too?

wow, I assumed he was still on in the evenings.
    Levin has been on and off a few times. They replaced him with the investment guy and Osterlands old sidekick.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.
    Benjamin Franklin

Posterity! You will never know, how much it cost the present Generation, to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make a good Use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it.
    John Adams

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas.
    Josef Stalin

Marksman
    Is this true? What a wonderful world this would be...

Any of you guys here remember WRNO back in the mid/late 1970s, and into the 80s? My main station in my teens/early adult life. WRNO was THE STATION for rock music then, the power player on FM stereo in southern Louisiana.

"WRNO...the rock of New Orleans" was their slogan back then. Album hour....yeah baby.

Quote Originally Posted by John_ View Post
    Any of you guys here remember WRNO back in the mid/late 1970s, and into the 80s? My main station in my teens/early adult life. WRNO was THE STATION for rock music then, the power player on FM stereo in southern Louisiana.

"WRNO...the rock of New Orleans" was their slogan back then. Album hour....yeah baby.
    Yes, and they were a kick ass radio station back then.
    I remember the first time hearing Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap on the radio, and several other classics. They faded in and out of harder edge rock, but they were always a good station.

Quote Originally Posted by Nail Gun View Post
    I wish.
    Unfortunately, I think it's just a Christmas break.

His sorry liberal self needs to go back to NYC.
    I never thought it would be possible to miss Denny Schaeffer. I couldn't stand him. Completely wishy washy.
    Still, he was a rock solid conservative by comparison.

I'm back to listening to W and J on the morning commute, and I don't hate them, but I like several other morning shows much better. Sadly no real other options here, for me anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilneck View Post
    I wish.
    Unfortunately, I think it's just a Christmas break.

His sorry liberal self needs to go back to NYC.
    I never thought it would be possible to miss Denny Schaeffer. I couldn't stand him. Completely wishy washy.
    Still, he was a rock solid conservative by comparison.

I'm back to listening to W and J on the morning commute, and I don't hate them, but I like several other morning shows much better. Sadly no real other options here, for me anyways.
    I just checked the On-Air Schedule and Gerry v is no longer listed !!

-Global Mod-
    Hk fingerbanger
    Thank GOD!! My truck radio will appreciate the end of the beatings I used to unleash on it whenever I got in the truck and quickly realize I forgot to change the radio station the evening beforeś
    Champions: The breakfast of Chuck Norris!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy" - J. Wales

Have a koch and a smile!!

"Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15th."-- Ronald Reagan

On Target
    XM radio fellas. They have all the good shows like Mark Levin, Wilkow, Hannity etc. Sadly they have the morning time slot (8-10am) tied up with Glenn Beck show currently. I referring to the Patriot channel on there. Also I enjoy tuning into Sirus XM Progress and Urban View to hear the opposing side's viewpoint which is quite amusing at times.

Quote Originally Posted by MALIBU12 View Post
    I just checked the On-Air Schedule and Gerry v is no longer listed !!
    May the good lord bless you and your family for delivering this most excellent news.

I enjoy being wrong in cases like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BigP623 View Post
    XM radio fellas. They have all the good shows like Mark Levin, Wilkow, Hannity etc. Sadly they have the morning time slot (8-10am) tied up with Glenn Beck show currently. I referring to the Patriot channel on there. Also I enjoy tuning into Sirus XM Progress and Urban View to hear the opposing side's viewpoint which is quite amusing at times.
    That would be great, but you have to pay for it. The reason AM/FM will likely never die (anytime soon anyways) is that it's free for the listener.

I enjoyed listening to John Osterling too.......he had a local flair to his show, where Jerry V was almost like listening to MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    I enjoyed listening to John Osterling too.......he had a local flair to his show, where Jerry V was almost like listening to MSNBC.
    He was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by CatCam View Post
    +1