Two young black males arrested in Covington with stolen AR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    So these two black minors are in possession of an AR stolen from a Wildlife and Fisheries vehicle, sleeping on the back porch of someone's house. An 870 is still missing.

You know this could have turned out really bad, but thanks to a call from the homeowner/renter.

http://www.actionnews17.com/news/two-arrested-in-covington-for-gun-stolen-from-wildlife-agent-1945526

The parents not cooperating with authorities ...... my bet is she didn't even have any idea their sons were not home how very sad.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The parents not cooperating with authorities ...... my bet is she didn't even have any idea their sons were not home how very sad.

Why wouldn't the parents cooperate with authorities? I mean their boys were caught red-handed. Because the parents teach and reinforce the mindset all LEOs are "bad, out to get us", or straight up support criminal behavior.
    How about teaching personal accountability and honesty?

Overall a very broken culture.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Why wouldn't the parents cooperate with authorities? I mean their boys were caught red-handed. Because the parents teach and reinforce the mindset all LEOs are "bad, out to get us", or straight up support criminal behavior.
    How about teaching personal accountability and honesty?

Overall a very broken culture.

Ive learn first hand over the past week that you do not talk to police in ANY form or fashion, even if you believe you are 100% in the right. Period.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'm so tired of these stories. They aren't news any more some black kids committed crimes and parents didn't even know the kids weren't at home. I'm no bigot, but Christ this crap has been going on 30+ years now and all it's doing is getting worse. Yeah young white kids get in trouble too (usually drugs and alcohol and pranks gone wrong), but rarely ever like this.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Care to elaborate?

Or maybe you're being sarcastic?

No sarcasm at all. And won't elaborate on an active investigation. I can promise you that I will be more than happy to share when the criminal and civil issues are resolved. Overall lesson is don't talk to cops. Period. I know this, I was a CJ major in college, unfortunately my wife was not.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    No sarcasm at all. And won't elaborate on an active investigation. I can promise you that I will be more than happy to share when the criminal and civil issues are resolved. Overall lesson is don't talk to cops. Period. I know this, I was a CJ major in college, unfortunately my wife was not.

I can understand that. Hope it works out favorably for you and the wife.

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    I can understand that. Hope it works out favorably for you and the wife.

I have zero doubt it will because of the ridiculousness of the facts, just will cost me an arm and a leg with minimal consequences to an irresponsible and in my opinion lazy officer. That is life sometimes.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I'm so tired of these stories. They aren't news any more some black kids committed crimes and parents didn't even know the kids weren't at home. I'm no bigot, but Christ this crap has been going on 30+ years now and all it's doing is getting worse. Yeah young white kids get in trouble too (usually drugs and alcohol and pranks gone wrong), but rarely ever like this.

agreed, I'm still trying to figure how it's our fault this is happening...

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    agreed, I'm still trying to figure how it's our fault this is happening...

Its not! This is 2016. They are simply a broken culture as a whole. Sure whites commit crime to but 14% of the population, 65% of the incarcerated in the USA, and probably responsible for 75% of all the violent crime committed in the USA today. And its not getting better by any means.

You cannot begin to repair something if you do not acknowledge the problem. Pure denial. How can anybody with half a brain say Alton Sterling was murdered by those LEOS? And they do...and seem to believe it whole heartedly. A convicted felon brandishing a pistol beforehand, struggling with cops on the ground despite their multiple commands to stop resisting.

Instead they make him a martyr, a hero....an innocent victim. Oh boy, talk about a radically distorted view!

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Its not! This is 2016. They are simply a broken culture as a whole. Sure whites commit crime to but 14% of the population, 65% of the incarcerated in the USA, and probably responsible for 75% of all the violent crime committed in the USA today. And its not getting better by any means.

You cannot begin to repair something if you do not acknowledge the problem. Pure denial. How can anybody with half a brain say Alton Sterling was murdered by those LEOS? And they do...and seem to believe it whole heartedly. A convicted felon brandishing a pistol beforehand, struggling with cops on the ground despite their multiple commands to stop resisting.

Instead they make him a martyr, a hero....an innocent victim. Oh boy, talk about a radically distorted view!

I bet you voted for David Duke...

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    It may not hurt to add one of these to make sure everyone knows that was a joke. With all the whinnyness going about on here.

It's truly a sad day on the shooter when clarification is needed... Guess too many people have taken millennial training classes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• by-golly-grammar-nazi-flinging-poop-demotivational-posters-1302124586.jpg
      by-golly-grammar-nazi-flinging-poop-demotivational-posters-1302124586.jpg
      75 KB · Views: 154

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Ive learn first hand over the past week that you do not talk to police in ANY form or fashion, even if you believe you are 100% in the right. Period.

I can echo your statement. I'm former LEO and because of corrupt and unethical detectives at my department, I could no longer work there knowing what they did. Also as I got older and saw many bad investigations where the police and DA were too quick to try and coerce a confession and close a case, they didn't care if the person was not guilty. This can also be seen if you ever watched the detectives interrogate suspects on The First 48 series, and Forensic Files. I raised my kids to respect the law and others, but if ever they got arrested, guilty or not, do not give a statement without a lawyer present. Especially when they were teenagers. Glad my children grew up to be fine outstanding citizens. Still if ever something happens like if I have to use my CCW, I will lawyer up immediately.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom