Leupold Adjustments not fine enough?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Porky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2016
    Hammond, LA
    Hi Everyone;

I have a new Leupold scope mounted on my Browning BAR Safari 270. When i make one click adjustment one way it is just left of center and one click to the right is just right of Center. One click seems to equal an inch so its either 1/2 to the left or 1/2 to the right. Its maddening. LOL Any ideas on what can be done to get a finer adjustment to center the scope? I can always compensate but its annoying me. I realize its a kill shot no mater what but was just hoping to fine tune it a little tighter.

Thanks!

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Click's should be 1/4" @ 100yds, but i think some of the Rifleman series have 1/2" clicks. 1" clicks arent the norm. I'd put a few more rounds through, maybe have another shooter try as well to rule out human error, and send it back for a checkup if it still seems off

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Sighted in a few rifles this weekend and one with a Nikon Monarch scope. 6 clicks moved POI 6 inches at 100yards on this particular scope. Not sure why as we got it zeroed and on target fairly quickly but it definitely moved POI an inch a click.

Porky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2016
    Hammond, LA
    Thanks for the reply. Its brand new and is the first scope i have ever purchased. I had a pro gunsmith assist with mounting and sighting in the scope for the first time. He performed the adjustments and i witnessed the results through the spotting scope. I took it out the range this past week and all shots were about an inch low and a inch to the right so i am shooting lower than he was at 100 yards. I do seem to be pulling to the right by habit with two differnt guns but really was just wondering about the increments in adjustments for that scope. Gonna play with it some more to get a better feel for it.

Thanks

Porky

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2016
    Hammond, LA
    Sighted in a few rifles this weekend and one with a Nikon Monarch scope. 6 clicks moved POI 6 inches at 100yards on this particular scope. Not sure why as we got it zeroed and on target fairly quickly but it definitely moved POI an inch a click.

Wow.. so i am not the only one. LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom