Firearm training no no

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Actually it was the guy in the black shirt that posted the video. He didn't see it until a year later. I guess it caused an uproar. Here is his response:

I shared a video the other day in which some people where pretty upset (at me) for sharing. I'm going to say this to the people who need to see it.

THIS WAS NOT A CLASS FULL OF EXPERIENCED SHOOTERS WHO HAD BEEN TRAINiNG WITH EACH OTHER.

Were any of the 4 firearms rules knowingly broken?
    Maybe not but do they really have to be to have an accident? Do you think the video shows some carelessness? Do you think everyone here had enough experience to be shooting behind anyone else? This was a beginner class. And no one said that **** was ok. They just went for it.

I posted it a year later because I saw the video a year later. Maybe I should have left a scathing review on one of their pages (so it could have gotten deleted post haste)

I didn't say anything at the time because admittedly I was a novice shooter and I knew no better "at the time". (Have you ever hit rough turbulence in an airplane and looked to the flight attendants to see if they were freaking out?) that's kinda how that went down that day. Except when I saw the video a year later the plane was actually on fire.

You will notice I never tagged anyone by name or called out anyones page or any of that. I get it "I didn't die"

I never resorted to name calling.

Sooooo. To the people who are mad. I'll say this. The video went viral on CONTENT ALONE. It needed no help. It has legs of its own and that is the way it is. If you don't like it oh well. If you don't want videos of yourself doing dumb **** up on the Internet, don't do dumb ****.

Did I learn some stuff in the Class? Yes I did and I paid for it so I gladly accepted the certificate as I should have. If they want it back I'll gladly overnight it. It's a piece of paper.

Should I have asked for my money back? I'll say at the time no. It was my first class and I thought that's the way it's done. I know now a year later that that is in fact wrong and I should have been upset and should have voiced my opinion then. Honestly I'm not sure it would have done much good at this particular range. Anyone who has trained here will understand what I'm talking about. Hindsight right?

I didn't shoot the video nor did I originally share it. It was shot and put on the Internet by people (with experience in the field) who thought it should've been put up because of the blatant disregard for safety. None of us knew any of the other people in that class from Adam. We didn't know their experience with a firearm. And we just didn't know any better we were paying for professional knowledge and instruction.

Maybe I don't have actual gun fighting experience or I don't train as much or the same as others do but I'm trying to get better just like everyone else. Not everyone is an operator and most of the people who are name calling aren't either but I get it I'm not "operator as ****" and I've hurt your feelings. My bad dog.

Now feel free to comment your trash talk about how dumb I am or how big of a ***** I am or I'm not a whatever kind of shooter. Or whatever you can think of. It's an open forum I will not respond to ANY of you. As far as I'm concerned it belongs to the Internet and the gun community at large.

Have a great day.

good comments by him, I can completely see where he is coming from, and agree with his comments...glad he posted it.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    good comments by him, I can completely see where he is coming from, and agree with his comments...glad he posted it.

Yeah, well spoken and honest... BUT, he turned around and saw a guy in a chair being pushed over rocks, one handing a pistol in his direction waving wildly, and the other hand on the chair wheel trying to help push, turned back around and blindly followed along that this is what normally occurs on a shooting range? How did he never think that it was a bad idea to stand in front of everything that was unfolding behind him? I'd have been headed for the parking lot cussing like a sailor... That is the first thing taught in range safety 101, don't stand in front of a shooter on the range.

How did the instructors conduct classes like this and never have an incident? like the photographer with a death wish that trusts new shooters... This place should not be allowed to operate after seeing the few things I saw. What's gone on that the camera hasn't seen?

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Yeah, well spoken and honest... BUT, he turned around and saw a guy in a chair being pushed over rocks, one handing a pistol in his direction waving wildly, and the other hand on the chair wheel trying to help push, turned back around and blindly followed along that this is what normally occurs on a shooting range? How did he never think that it was a bad idea to stand in front of everything that was unfolding behind him? I'd have been headed for the parking lot cussing like a sailor... That is the first thing taught in range safety 101, don't stand in front of a shooter on the range.

I definitely agree with you, however the guy has admitted to literally not knowing any better and thought he was safe per (i'm assuming) what the instructors were telling him. It does defy logic but some people, when placed in an entirely new environment, will wholly believe whatever the "authority figure" tells them and will do whatever the "authority figure" instructs them to do.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/1...-justify-dangerous-firearms-training-failure/

Aight boys, I'm listening to the video as I'm typing this... As he calls out the first rule and his buddy shoots at the target he's standing next to. Apparently this school's number one goal is to teach you how to handle being shot at? This is insanity!

He's defending the video because he's one of the dumbasses standing downrange of the handicap shooter!

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2016/1...-justify-dangerous-firearms-training-failure/

Aight boys, I'm listening to the video as I'm typing this... As he calls out the first rule and his buddy shoots at the target he's standing next to. Apparently this school's number one goal is to teach you how to handle being shot at? This is insanity!

He's defending the video because he's one of the dumbasses standing downrange of the handicap shooter!

Anyone want to pay me $200-300 to let me shoot in their general vicinity? I am never short on amazement of people's stupidity.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Anyone want to pay me $200-300 to let me shoot in their general vicinity? I am never short on amazement of people's stupidity.

The real funny part is this dude felt the need to make a video saying if you're afraid to stand downrange of a shooter, then you shouldn't carry a gun for protection. If you suck at shooting then you don't deserve to own a gun!...

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    When i took the class the first time, i found it odd a few people just went buy their gun and didnt even know how to use/load/handle it. But the instructor did make sure they were safe. Those videos are on a whole other level. I would of left. Ill lose $125 or whatever not to get shot.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    When i took the class the first time, i found it odd a few people just went buy their gun and didnt even know how to use/load/handle it. But the instructor did make sure they were safe. Those videos are on a whole other level. I would of left. Ill lose $125 or whatever not to get shot.

I would have blew up then left. But I agree at that point screw the money!

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    James Yeager is a piece of work.

He hid in a ditch while his convoy was attacked in Iraq and his teammates were killed. Google it, the video is out there.

I cannot take anything he says or does seriously, nor can I listen to anyone pontificate how great he is because his inaction caused loss of life.

JR1572

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    Wow , I would pack my **** and run if i were in that class . What a cluster **** !
    How is it that no one has been killed yet ?

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell

He hid in a ditch while his convoy was attacked in Iraq and his teammates were killed. Google it, the video is out there.

I cannot take anything he says or does seriously, nor can I listen to anyone pontificate how great he is because his inaction caused loss of life.

JR1572

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

JR1572

If I remember correctly his first screw up was him putting the car in neutral and applying the parking brake. Then he hid in a ditch.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    If I remember correctly his first screw up was him putting the car in neutral and applying the parking brake. Then he hid in a ditch.

Yeah. That and stopping on route Irish in soft skinned vehicles.

I ran all over the place in up-armored vehicles in Southern Afghanistan, and one thing we never did was stop on the roadway. If we ran into a situation where we had to stop, we turned around or went around. Just sitting out there parked is an invitation to get ambushed.

JR1572

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yeah. That and stopping on route Irish in soft skinned vehicles.

I ran all over the place in up-armored vehicles in Southern Afghanistan, and one thing we never did was stop on the roadway. If we ran into a situation where we had to stop, we turned around or went around. Just sitting out there parked is an invitation to get ambushed.

JR1572

Makes sense to me.

For me:
    When getting cash from the ATM I'm ready to dump the clutch and roll out. How he was so relaxed I just don't understand.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    This guy has issues ...

I think this comment sums it up .

Nick Morgan3
    years ago
    so arrogant he thinks of himself when he jerks off.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom