Firearm training no no

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I have no clue where this took place. The guy on the far left was walking way ahead. The black tee blue jean guy turned around saw what was happening, turned back around, then you see a bullet strike way left of the handicap guy's target, it had to have damn near hit him. Everyone was real lucky here... This was obviously not the advanced class of veteran shooters! I hoped this was a fake video, but I'm sure it's real.

Last edited:

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    This happened at James Yeager's place....go look at his facebook. They are viciously defending this video to the point of calling out Gunsite Academy for chiming in on the video on facebook, slamming their business for things that have happened such as their leader being fired getting caught with prostitutes and a student killing another at a hotel etc. Its a pretty bad look for them IMO.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    This happened at James Yeager's place....go look at his facebook. They are viciously defending this video to the point of calling out Gunsite Academy for chiming in on the video on facebook, slamming their business for things that have happened such as their leader being fired getting caught with prostitutes and a student killing another at a hotel etc. Its a pretty bad look for them IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/JamesYeagerofTacticalResponse/

Link for any interested in looking...

ETA: James's post:

Gunsite Academy Decided to Chime in on the Wheelchair thread. I remember something about "glass houses".

Interesting Facts About Tactical Response (but not Gunsite):
    We have never had a student kill another at the hotel.
    We have never had anyone shot on our Catwalk.
    Our leader was not fired from LE for banging Prostitutes.

Last edited:

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA

Gunsite Academy Decided to Chime in on the Wheelchair thread. I remember something about "glass houses".

Yep, that was it. Saw it last night and was talking about that earlier with a friend of mine. Cant see how throwing rocks makes this situation any better, or safer for that matter. What happened happened, and it got caught on video. Its kind of hard to defend especially in the manner that he went about doing so.

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Yep, that was it. Saw it last night and was talking about that earlier with a friend of mine. Cant see how throwing rocks makes this situation any better, or safer for that matter. What happened happened, and it got caught on video. Its kind of hard to defend especially in the manner that he went about doing so.

Yeah, if he fails to see the direct danger his business put people in, then he doesn't need to have anyone taking classes from him. That was blatant disregard for everyone's safety. Then to try and defend it is absurd.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick

Yet, he fails to address the actual incident in question. That dude in the black t-shirt was very close to becoming their first person shot!

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    What could have been going through that instructors mind rolling someone on a rough surface while firing a weapon? And if I were the guy in the black tee I would have had a very serious problem with said instructor. maybe it was an jihad training camp in us?????

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    And if I were the guy in the black tee I would have had a very serious problem with said instructor.

You know somebody that knows that guy has to have (or will) shown him this video, and he had to have seen how close he was to getting shot... I'd be interested to see his facial expressions when he watches it. He was so close to getting hit in the neck/head.

The craziest thing to me is that NO ONE (including the instructors) said "walking while firing guns in a line next to other people probably isn't the best ideal..."

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana

hvl1j.jpg

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    The stupid part is he could get killed or injured by secondary impact! Years ago we were shooting a High Power match, they were running the 300 yard rapid fire phase, so we were backs against the protection berm tucked in pretty safe when all of a sudden the guy next to me is jumping around like a firecracker went off in his pants. Turns out a round impacted against a bullet laying in the dirt on the impact berm 50ft away and spun it out back at us. It hit the slate score board the guys was holding and key holed right through it like it was paper. It would have really F**k up some ones day if it would hit you. JMO.

225todd

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    Actually it was the guy in the black shirt that posted the video. He didn't see it until a year later. I guess it caused an uproar. Here is his response:

I shared a video the other day in which some people where pretty upset (at me) for sharing. I'm going to say this to the people who need to see it.

THIS WAS NOT A CLASS FULL OF EXPERIENCED SHOOTERS WHO HAD BEEN TRAINiNG WITH EACH OTHER.

Were any of the 4 firearms rules knowingly broken?
    Maybe not but do they really have to be to have an accident? Do you think the video shows some carelessness? Do you think everyone here had enough experience to be shooting behind anyone else? This was a beginner class. And no one said that **** was ok. They just went for it.

I posted it a year later because I saw the video a year later. Maybe I should have left a scathing review on one of their pages (so it could have gotten deleted post haste)

I didn't say anything at the time because admittedly I was a novice shooter and I knew no better "at the time". (Have you ever hit rough turbulence in an airplane and looked to the flight attendants to see if they were freaking out?) that's kinda how that went down that day. Except when I saw the video a year later the plane was actually on fire.

You will notice I never tagged anyone by name or called out anyones page or any of that. I get it "I didn't die"

I never resorted to name calling.

Sooooo. To the people who are mad. I'll say this. The video went viral on CONTENT ALONE. It needed no help. It has legs of its own and that is the way it is. If you don't like it oh well. If you don't want videos of yourself doing dumb **** up on the Internet, don't do dumb ****.

Did I learn some stuff in the Class? Yes I did and I paid for it so I gladly accepted the certificate as I should have. If they want it back I'll gladly overnight it. It's a piece of paper.

Should I have asked for my money back? I'll say at the time no. It was my first class and I thought that's the way it's done. I know now a year later that that is in fact wrong and I should have been upset and should have voiced my opinion then. Honestly I'm not sure it would have done much good at this particular range. Anyone who has trained here will understand what I'm talking about. Hindsight right?

I didn't shoot the video nor did I originally share it. It was shot and put on the Internet by people (with experience in the field) who thought it should've been put up because of the blatant disregard for safety. None of us knew any of the other people in that class from Adam. We didn't know their experience with a firearm. And we just didn't know any better we were paying for professional knowledge and instruction.

Maybe I don't have actual gun fighting experience or I don't train as much or the same as others do but I'm trying to get better just like everyone else. Not everyone is an operator and most of the people who are name calling aren't either but I get it I'm not "operator as ****" and I've hurt your feelings. My bad dog.

Now feel free to comment your trash talk about how dumb I am or how big of a ***** I am or I'm not a whatever kind of shooter. Or whatever you can think of. It's an open forum I will not respond to ANY of you. As far as I'm concerned it belongs to the Internet and the gun community at large.

Have a great day.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Wow, I can't believe people are that naive and will willingly put their better judgement aside at the guidance of "professionals". This whole situation is wild

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA

Went back to his page to show a friend a little while ago and whadda you know, he deleted the post.

Top Bottom