What can I do question I think gun shops Stole My Money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    Hi guys I have a problem here 2 months ago I went to a gun store to ask if they do an FFL transfer. The owner was like what are you trying to order I can get it for you. I told him I saw a Bushmaster ACR that I wanted and it was $1,900. He told me I can order it for you and they will be here in less than a week and I can do it for Less which was $1,800. I agreed and gave him the money orders that already had me for the bushmaster I saw online..

Now a week later the nightmare has begun.

I have been calling at least once a week to find out if the rifle has came in everytime I call he says the salesman told him he had it but when he went to order it it was out of stock..then one week hell say that they just got it back in stock and he's about to order it and he'll call me when it arrives..
    He never calls me back and when I go to him or when I call him he comes up with more excuses..When i question him on why he never calls me back,he lies and says he forgot my number or he list it..

Finally 2 weeks ago I got tired of him jerking me around so I asked for a refund. He said okay butt when I took a day off work and went to go pick up my refund his workers said he wasn't there. I know he's there because his truck is in the parking lot but I can't force his worker to go drag him out the back from hiding.. is not answering my calls and I can't keep taking off of work to drive out there by him.
    I'm exhausted and pissed off that a gun store would do this. It took me a while to save up this money so I can buy this rifle and now I have no money no rifle.
    What are my options here? I know you guys might want to know where this place is that butt I don't want to name it just yet I want to kind of work on getting my money back first..

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    You paid the entire amount up front with a money order?

Receipt? Some form of proof of payment?

Yeah, this is pretty perplexing... If it was poorly(er) written I'd say it was a troll. There's a lot of things that don't make sense here.
    1. Why would you bring money to the place that you only need an FFL.
    2. If you were ordering online the FFL should have already been on file with most online retailers. (even most guys that do it out of their house are on file) no need for more than a simple phone call.
    3. If you were ordering online from a retailer why would you use money orders? Was it a gunbroker deal?
    4. Why would you pay in full instead of a small deposit for something not tangible yet?
    5. Please tell me you were smart enough to get a proof of purchase...

This is a little hard to swallow since you just joined, and this is your first post. If you are a legitimate new guy and new to the shooting world and were taken advantage of then post the name of the store so we know who likes to take advantage of people. But, at the moment this is a little unbelievable to me, but I could be way off because people go pay to get shot at by other noobs...

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Yeah, this is pretty perplexing... If it was poorly(er) written I'd say it was a troll. There's a lot of things that don't make sense here.
    1. Why would you bring money to the place that you only need an FFL.
    2. If you were ordering online the FFL should have already been on file with most online retailers. (even most guys that do it out of their house are on file) no need for more than a simple phone call.
    3. If you were ordering online from a retailer why would you use money orders? Was it a gunbroker deal?
    4. Why would you pay in full instead of a small deposit for something not tangible yet?
    5. Please tell me you were smart enough to get a proof of purchase...

This is a little hard to swallow since you just joined, and this is your first post. If you are a legitimate new guy and new to the shooting world and were taken advantage of then post the name of the store so we know who likes to take advantage of people. But, at the moment this is a little unbelievable to me, but I could be way off because people go pay to get shot at by other noobs...

From the post it looks like the FFL said he could order the gun for him. So it's a purchase from the FFL not just a transfer.

But there's no reason to not say who the shop is. Without a shop name I'd say we can't help much.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    From the post it looks like the FFL said he could order the gun for him. So it's a purchase from the FFL not just a transfer.

But there's no reason to not say who the shop is. Without a shop name I'd say we can't help much.

I just don't understand the need to bring the money order to the FFL to discuss a transfer that hasn't even been ordered yet... If he had the money at home there was no need to return with the money until the rifle arrived...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Being a NOLA resident, I think it's important to know who are our go to, and DO NOT GO TO gun shops since we don't have that many.Given that there are employee's etc, this doesn't sound like a garage FFL. If you can, list the store. As far as paying with a money order up front, that seemed wrong from the get go.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I just don't understand the need to bring the money order to the FFL to discuss a transfer that hasn't even been ordered yet... If he had the money at home there was no need to return with the money until the rifle arrived...

He may have wanted to get a copy of the FFL to put with the MO. Then gun shop says I can get you that same gun for $100.00 cheaper guy says OK can I pay you with MO being I already have them? "Shop guy says sure". I have paid for special orders up front before "always got a receipt" tho.

OR

This guy could be full of BS.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    [Crickets]

OP, go ahead and list more details. Starting with business name and owners name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    I've only "special ordered" guns 2 times in my life. Once was a gunbroker transaction which I paid for there and had it shipped to an FFL and paid his transfer fee. The other time I had the same FFL order me a pistol after he told me he could get it at a lower price than the gunbroker auction I was looking at. All he required was a 100 "down payment" and I paid the balance when the gun arrived.
    This situation stinks and doesn't make much sense to me. Why would OP pay before the item was tangible?

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    He may have wanted to get a copy of the FFL to put with the MO. Then gun shop says I can get you that same gun for $100.00 cheaper guy says OK can I pay you with MO being I already have them? "Shop guy says sure". I have paid for special orders up front before "always got a receipt" tho.

OR

This guy could be full of BS.

Any legitimate FFL should already have a copy of their FFL on file with most of the popular retailers. A simple phone call should have cleared that up. That's all I'm trying to say. And a gun shop beating the lowest internet price by $100 sounds pretty far fetched to me as well. Also, the store shouldn't have asked for all the money up front.

Last edited:

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    Come on guys why would someone post up something like this just to troll?

I tried to explain what happen but yall are calling me a troll..i found this site just searching around for help on google..
    Then I tried to reply back but there's a big advertisement blocking the screen with noway to exit it out (see picture of advertisement)..

So here's what happen.

1.i saw a rifle I wanted on a website called gunbroker so I made an account and contacted the seller.the seller on gunbroker told me if I pay with money order that he'll give me a discount and that he would need to ship the rifle to a FFL (gun store)and I need to send him the gun stores info)

2.on my way back from the post office i stopped at the gun shop to see if he will give me his info so I can send the money orders with his Info to the seller from gunbroker..

3.gunshop owner said he can get me the same rifle for $100 cheaper and that I won't have to deal with the hassle of ordering online..

4.gunshop owner said the only way he can get it if I paid in FULL so I agreed to it plus I felt good about it because I was supporting a local store and at the moment I DID NOT know that I shouldn't trust a gun store(not some garage) a gun store that sells guns and accessories ..i mean these people have a licence that I'm sure is not easy to get and why would they rip people off and risk losing there licence over a measly $1800 ($1900 ill get to that part later) when the store looks like it has $50k worth of inventory?

5.the part i had left out my orginal post i gave him $1900 worth of money orders and he said
    He'll refund me $100 when my order comes in.

6.nightmare begins

It may have been stupid on my part for giving him the full payment..i thought it was ok to do and its what people do when they go to a gun store and make a special order..i dont want to name the shop just yet because im hanging onto the little hope I have of getting my money back and maybe the gun shop owner is a member on here and I do not want to ruin someone's reputation over a misunderstanding but it has been about 2 months and I still don't have a refund or a rifle..i have the money order receipts and a receipt for the full payment I gave him..

I assure you I am not a troll and I don't understand why would people post stuff like this as a joke..who knows the Internet is filled with crazy people but im not one of them

b954635b06a2cd3f330db6b7166e1852.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Any legitimate FFL should already have a copy of their FFL on file with most of the popular retailers. A simple phone call should have cleared that up. That's all I'm trying to say. And a gun shop beating the lowest internet price by $100 sounds pretty far fetched to me as well. Also, the store shouldn't have asked for all the money up front.

I've bought a few guns online and most didn't come from a retailer. The gun shop may not have beat the price of a retailer but it could have been an individual asking a bit too much. I have also paid up front for special orders.

I don't know the original poster or the gun shop he used. I'm just saying his story doesn't sound totally crazy.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Come on guys why would someone post up something like this just to troll?

I tried to explain what happen but yall are calling me a troll..i found this site just searching around for help on google..
    Then I tried to reply back but there's a big advertisement blocking the screen with noway to exit it out (see picture of advertisement)..

So here's what happen.

1.i saw a rifle I wanted on a website called gunbroker so I made an account and contacted the seller.the seller on gunbroker told me if I pay with money order that he'll give me a discount and that he would need to ship the rifle to a FFL (gun store)and I need to send him the gun stores info)

2.on my way back from the post office i stopped at the gun shop to see if he will give me his info so I can send the money orders with his Info to the seller from gunbroker..

3.gunshop owner said he can get me the same rifle for $100 cheaper and that I won't have to deal with the hassle of ordering online..

4.gunshop owner said the only way he can get it if I paid in FULL so I agreed to it plus I felt good about it because I was supporting a local store and at the moment I DID NOT know that I shouldn't trust a gun store(not some garage) a gun store that sells guns and accessories ..i mean these people have a licence that I'm sure is not easy to get and why would they rip people off and risk losing there licence over a measly $1800 ($1900 ill get to that part later) when the store looks like it has $50k worth of inventory?

5.the part i had left out my orginal post i gave him $1900 worth of money orders and he said
    He'll refund me $100 when my order comes in.

6.nightmare begins

It may have been stupid on my part for giving him the full payment..i thought it was ok to do and its what people do when they go to a gun store and make a special order..i dont want to name the shop just yet because im hanging onto the little hope I have of getting my money back and maybe the gun shop owner is a member on here and I do not want to ruin someone's reputation over a misunderstanding but it has been about 2 months and I still don't have a refund or a rifle..i have the money order receipts and a receipt for the full payment I gave him..

I assure you I am not a troll and I don't understand why would people post stuff like this as a joke..who knows the Internet is filled with crazy people but im not one of them

b954635b06a2cd3f330db6b7166e1852.jpg

If he's hiding in the back of the store, has been past the quoted time and he won't explain why AND you are concerned enough to make this post I'd say it's OK to call him out.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Sorry, but we got some weird questions from new guys like this that aren't necessarily legitimate...

If you have something stating proof of purchase, then I'd probably call the cops and possibly a lawyer as well.

You sound like you're new to buying guns, and the process is actually very easy, and a FFL (Federal Fireams License) really isn't that hard to obtain. You should be able to find a good bit of info on the site, or just ask. I buy from online retailers all the time and use FFLs that are out of houses and never had an issue. If you don't get some better responses then I'll PM you in the morning and try and get you in touch with someone who may be able to help you.

I hope this gets sorted out for you without you losing your a$$.

EDIT: log into your account and most of the adds will go away.

Last edited:

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    Yea guys I don't think I can afford a lawyer so I was thinking about calling the cops and making a report..maybe that'll scare him into giving my money back..just to point out a few things
    Yes I'm new to buying guns,i do own a glock.
    I never asked for this,I was happy to order it online,the online seller was nice and ready to ship the gun out once I sent him the money order and the gun stores info..but the gun owners persuaded me to buy from him instead of online..if i knew this was going to happen i would of just kept my money..

I have been nothing but nice and patient with this guy,I never threatened him or showed him attitude and still till this day I'm still trying to be patient with him and not start any trouble..i just want to give it a few more days and ill call him back next week after the holidays..if he's still playing games with me then ill call the cops and put him and his shop on blast.

I still have my postal money order receipts and a receipt from him saying I gave him the money for the rifle...maybe he thinks I'm just going to forget about but that's not going to happen..
    Ive spent months saving up the little money I had left over from paying my bills and wanted to treat myself..i also spent months searching for a scar16 untill i gave up and start checking out the ACRs and drooling over it..and at the end this guy takes my money and doesnt give me a rifle and ignores me

flemgunner

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    lafayette
    So basically you made a deal with the GB guy then when you could save 100 bucks you screwed the GB guy? Now you are complaining you got screwed by some unnamed local dealer.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    So basically you made a deal with the GB guy then when you could save 100 bucks you screwed the GB guy? Now you are complaining you got screwed by some unnamed local dealer.

You make a great point and I agree 100%. However that doesn't give the gun shop a free pass.

My problem is it's so bad he made this post but he's not ready to say what shop it is.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    You have every right in the world to start flipping out on his employees until you get to talk to the owner, and I'd flip out on him until I got proof that he ordered the rifle. If he hasn't, then demand your money back... It's yours not his. You're paying for a service you aren't receiving. Grow some balls and go raise some hell. Nice guys finish last!

If he is a member here, then posting his stores name should scare him a good bit for the business he will lose and the reputation he will get...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I believe my brother has an acr for sale in case this one falls through. But I would demand the money immediately Bc we all know how much the Christmas season can hurt the bank account

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom