What can I do question I think gun shops Stole My Money

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

OutOfAmmo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2016
    Ponchatoula
    Look call the guy or his manager up and politely try and work it out. Then explain that if you don't get the weapon or a full refund you will need to file with the small claims court immediately. It's not that hard to file check it out on line.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    So a Gun shop you say is screwing you and you come on a gun forum and won't call them out by name to hopefully save other people on said forum from falling victim to the same dishonesty that you fell for ?? Right

For the guys calling B.S,honestly I don't care what you say about me..you don't have any constructive help anyway,you just want to know the name of the shop and as soon I name it you'll disappear with no help at all.

For the guys who actually beleive it and/or are offering advice,I appreciate it alot..

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    This whole fiasco smells like what I dropped in the procaine throne.

1. You are a noob to guns and one of the first purchases is a $2000 carbine?
    2. You are willing to point a gun at someone or something (otherwise why own on) but you can't say a few mean words to get your way?
    3. You ask for help and people say "what shop?" And you say no I don't want to blast someone who is holding your coin and refusing to return it on the web?

If you aren't Dave_M or some other random bored soul. Nut up with your evidence and refuse to leave and raise holy hell until you get your money back. Then post who the douchebags were who kept your money for months so I don't have to do the same.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    To the OP. It's been stated by others but I'll reiterate.

Do not feel pressured to divulge information you don't want to give, such as shop/owner name. Giving that information may lead to some help from folks here that know the place or owner. If this owner is truly screwing you over, you could prevent someone else from falling into the same "nightmare" you are in. But don't give the information if you don't want to.

If you have proof of purchase (receipt) then I would go by the shop and state that you want A) the rifle you paid for or B) a full refund of your $1900. If the employee tells you he can't do that because the owner isn't there or whatever other BS they give you, tell them to call the owner and notify him that you will be returning on X date to speak directly to the owner. If the owner will not make time to speak to you directly and continues to give the run around, file with small claims court and then divulge the information if you deem it necessary.

I will assume you are an actual person with an actual problem, not a troll. You are not obligated to give names until you see fit.

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    Ok check this out guys,I called the shop and his employee told me he's out of town for the holidays and that "he will get me right" as soon as he comes back..his employee told me that's what the owner told him to tell me if I call..im not sure if this is more B.S. that they're feeding me or if he's sincere..if that is true And I blast him and his shop all over the Internet and he sees it,then he can use that as an excuse to jerk me around even more,I don't want to have to deal with more B.S...after the holidays (monday)he doesn't pay up or deliver then I will get the ball rolling and expose him and look into small claims court..if he does pay up?i would still feel like I owe it to the community to expose this person and his shady buisness practices so noone would have to go thru what I went thru or at the very least if they do decide to still do buisness with him,atleast they would know what kind of B.S he puts his customers thru...either way he will be getting exposed....
    As of now,for the people who are upset because I am not naming him because they can avoid doing business with him, I can only say that I don't recommend anyone giving a guns shop the full payment for something that is not instock unless you know the shop you are dealing with and they have a good reputation..its your call,just learn from my mistake..
    i will go a step further and say that this shop is nowhere in the NOLA area..its not gretna guns,its not Jefferson gun outlet etc..non of the stores in the greater new orleans ...

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Ok check this out guys,I called the shop and his employee told me he's out of town for the holidays and that "he will get me right" as soon as he comes back..his employee told me that's what the owner told him to tell me if I call..im not sure if this is more B.S. that they're feeding me or if he's sincere..if that is true And I blast him and his shop all over the Internet and he sees it,then he can use that as an excuse to jerk me around even more,I don't want to have to deal with more B.S...after the holidays (monday)he doesn't pay up or deliver then I will get the ball rolling and expose him and look into small claims court..if he does pay up?i would still feel like I owe it to the community to expose this person and his shady buisness practices so noone would have to go thru what I went thru or at the very least if they do decide to still do buisness with him,atleast they would know what kind of B.S he puts his customers thru...either way he will be getting exposed....
    As of now,for the people who are upset because I am not naming him because they can avoid doing business with him, I can only say that I don't recommend anyone giving a guns shop the full payment for something that is not instock unless you know the shop you are dealing with and they have a good reputation..its your call,just learn from my mistake..
    i will go a step further and say that this shop is nowhere in the NOLA area..its not gretna guns,its not Jefferson gun outlet etc..non of the stores in the greater new orleans ...

Do you have a receipt for the transaction with this Gun shop? like a literal paper receipt saying you gave 1900 to him for such n such gun. If not, Good luck cause at this point its your word against his. and not much you can really do unless you have proof you gave him $1900. Or Unless the money order was cashed directly by him or someone from his shop with his bank account, or company account.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    sooooo, if he knew you needed a refund, any good owner I know would have had a refund check made out and ready to give to you when you arrive, I don't see a place like that giving you the run around and all this to say "hey man, im on vac, ill give you your $1900 after Christmas". and I agree you don't have to say anything about who it was, but its not called " bashing" if you were done wrong. that's whats wrong with America today, we are allowed to say all the nice, warm and fuzzy stuff about a business if they did us good, in fact we are encouraged to, to help promote there "name and reputation" and a negative feed back should be just as equally given if needed

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    if not your saying that you trust and value us enough to ask for our opinion, BUT NOT TO WARN US of a gun store that might be doing bad business... and save all of us the same headache you are going through,

sooooo, if he knew you needed a refund, any good owner I know would have had a refund check made out and ready to give to you when you arrive, I don't see a place like that giving you the run around and all this to say "hey man, im on vac, ill give you your $1900 after Christmas". and I agree you don't have to say anything about who it was, but its not called " bashing" if you were done wrong. that's whats wrong with America today, we are allowed to say all the nice, warm and fuzzy stuff about a business if they did us good, in fact we are encouraged to, to help promote there "name and reputation" and a negative feed back should be just as equally given if needed

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    To the OP. It's been stated by others but I'll reiterate.

Do not feel pressured to divulge information you don't want to give, such as shop/owner name. Giving that information may lead to some help from folks here that know the place or owner. If this owner is truly screwing you over, you could prevent someone else from falling into the same "nightmare" you are in. But don't give the information if you don't want to.

If you have proof of purchase (receipt) then I would go by the shop and state that you want A) the rifle you paid for or B) a full refund of your $1900. If the employee tells you he can't do that because the owner isn't there or whatever other BS they give you, tell them to call the owner and notify him that you will be returning on X date to speak directly to the owner. If the owner will not make time to speak to you directly and continues to give the run around, file with small claims court and then divulge the information if you deem it necessary.

I will assume you are an actual person with an actual problem, not a troll. You are not obligated to give names until you see fit.
    Thank you for the advice...ive been looking up how small claims court works and I beleive I do have a case if he doesn't pay up or deliver..this would be my next move...

Also after a little research the post office doesn't play around like other money order places do(western union,money gram etc..)..the post office inspector can and will get to the bottom of it and im sure he'll find out that the gunstore owner is the one who cashed the money order..

Mr.glock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2016
    New orleans
    As another member said,I'm not obligated to give names untill i fit..and you guys who are calling me a troll and asking for a permanent ban on me are not obligated to give me any advice...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom