Optimum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21
    Marksman MOTOR51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan6 View Post
    Motor, if I would be purchasing a firearm to carry in my pocket, would you advocate for the LCP II?

    Any one else have opinions on pocket pistol options?
    One more thing, I recently purchased a glock 43 and have really taken a liking to it. I can pocket carry it also and it's a 9mm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Censored by "them"

  2. #22
    Marksman JoeLiberty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    276
    +1 for the lcp. I'm not a big pocket gun guy, but I tried one. That little piece was way more shootable than it had any right being.

  3. #23
    1911 cool-aid drinker kz45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denham Springs La.
    Posts
    3,886
    I carry a Kahr 9mm, the difference between the 380 and 9 are so slight I chose the more powerful round, it fits just fine in my pocket, in the holster it looks like a big wallet. Lately I've been trying ankle carry which is working out great!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  4. #24
    Marksman MOTOR51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by kz45 View Post
    I carry a Kahr 9mm, the difference between the 380 and 9 are so slight I chose the more powerful round, it fits just fine in my pocket, in the holster it looks like a big wallet. Lately I've been trying ankle carry which is working out great!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I owned a few Kahrs. They are nice but the malfunctions during break in didn't give me confidence in it but that was a personal thing


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Censored by "them"

  5. #25
    Marksman Saintsfan6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    1,236
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    One more thing, I recently purchased a glock 43 and have really taken a liking to it. I can pocket carry it also and it's a 9mm


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting, I would prefer 9mm but concealment is more important to me. If the Glock 43 is just as concealable as the LCP then I may have to give it some serious consideration. I need to find a shop with lots of options and get my hands on them.

  6. #26
    CCW
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Thibodaux, LA
    Posts
    235
    Alien Gear tuckable holster with velcro clips from Crossbreed. Works very well with a S&W M&P Shield in .40 cal. Alien Gear holster is flatter than Crossbreed. Alien Gear does not make Velcro clips. Put the two together for carry at 5 o'clock for all day comfort and concealment. Nothing outside of your belt. Just my 2 cents. It works for me.

  7. #27
    Marksman MOTOR51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan6 View Post
    Interesting, I would prefer 9mm but concealment is more important to me. If the Glock 43 is just as concealable as the LCP then I may have to give it some serious consideration. I need to find a shop with lots of options and get my hands on them.
    It's bigger but I will sacrifice a little for the 9mm. The LCP still gets carried on occasion


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Censored by "them"

  8. #28
    Marksman Jasarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Walker, LA
    Posts
    673

    Best Holster for Tucked in Shirt

    Quote Originally Posted by Saintsfan6 View Post
    Interesting, I would prefer 9mm but concealment is more important to me. If the Glock 43 is just as concealable as the LCP then I may have to give it some serious consideration. I need to find a shop with lots of options and get my hands on them.
    FYI, I have a G43 and LCP 2. The G43 is plenty small(Sub Compact), but the LCP2 is A LOT smaller (micro). There is a big difference between these two once they are in your pocket(from my experience).

    I mainly purchased the LCP2 for testing fitting holsters, but will pocket carry it some on occasion.

    Googled this pic...that is the LCP Gen 1:



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jasarii; December 25th, 2016 at 01:58 PM.
    ,'';=====-
    !

  9. #29
    1911 cool-aid drinker kz45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denham Springs La.
    Posts
    3,886
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTOR51 View Post
    I owned a few Kahrs. They are nice but the malfunctions during break in didn't give me confidence in it but that was a personal thing


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mine only had a few malfs, I do understand


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  10. #30
    Marksman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Lafayette, LA
    Posts
    205
    My holsters have tuckable clips. I have a Raven Eidolon for my G17 and use a single clip. I also have an Alabama Holster "Offside" for my G43. I modified the Alabama by putting a G Code Tuckable clip on it as the one from them made the gun ride too high and roll out with the short barrel. The G Code one can adjust to ride deeper and still tuck.

    I carry AIWB and find that both tuck very well. If I'm tucking in I run my belt the opposite way so that the tail of the belt covers the clip where it rides over. I have not spent any time with other styles, although the tuckable "J" hooks look interesting. I think I'd get aggravated with the pull the dot type...

  11. #31
    Marksman West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Baton Rouge, louisiana
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by kz45 View Post
    I carry a Kahr 9mm, the difference between the 380 and 9 are so slight I chose the more powerful round, it fits just fine in my pocket, in the holster it looks like a big wallet. Lately I've been trying ankle carry which is working out great!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I've been thinking about ankle carry. What holster did you go with?

  12. #32
    1911 cool-aid drinker kz45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Denham Springs La.
    Posts
    3,886
    I have a DeSantis now but im going to buy an Alessi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •