Back in the Saddle Post Motorcycle Crash

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    I've been progressively recuperating since my crash that I posted about at the beginning of October. The kid who hit me was driving the car his girlfriend drives, which was owned and insured by her mother. It took some doing to verify that the insurance was good because there was a misspelling of the mother's name and the VIN was off by 1 number. The sheriff's Deputy who wrote the crash report went way beyond the call of duty to get all of that straight and I finally got a check for my totaled Scrambler towards the end of November. I had been looking for my next bike and had pretty much decided that I wanted a Triumph Rocket III Touring. I found this one that was purchased and traded in with 25 miles on it and I had it shipped. It came in yesterday, but I still can't ride just yet because I have to get the tags for it.

This thing is a BEAST, but a manageable beast. It's a 2300 CC torque monster that is very stable at nearly 1000 lbs yet surprisingly nimble through the twisties. Compared to the Scrambler that seat is like a Barcalounger. I'll miss the off road adventures that I had with the Scrambler... but the bulk of the riding I do is with neighbors and the Legion Riders and this bike will make those rides MUCH more enjoyable.

20161223_144828_zpsrrlh46vv.jpg

20161223_151543_zpsodbw73ir.jpg

20161223_151707_zpsbn1f8vb3.jpg

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Very nice, that thing looks to be bigger than a smart car! :-) Sold my K1200RS 1-1/2 yrs ago, just bought a nice used ZR1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TooOld

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Laplace
    Nice ride. I think you will like the touring, especially if you plan on some longer trips. I'll be watching for you around town, maybe meet up some time. If it was one of the traffic cops in St. John I probably worked with him, most of the traffic guys were real good, however some of them moved on. If you run across a blue/white Harley Ultra, wave it's me. Now keep the rubber down and hope you have many enjoyable years on your new ride.

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    Nice scoot!
    I've got 6 bikes in the garage now, and don't plan on quitting any time soon!

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Glad you're recovering, cages seem to be the biggest threat out there. Nice bike!

For my 65th birthday last spring, I decided it was time to learn to ride a motorcycle. First thing I noticed was that my reflexes and balance weren't what they were when I was 16! Love the twisties like the Dragon, Snake and other mountain roads in TN/NC/VA. The winding roads in the Felicianas around me are fun also.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I love the fact you choose a 2300 cc engine. Just awesome. I have a Vulcan 1600 but am thinking of a Goldwing.

I rode Harley's at work for 10yrs or so and put more miles on a motor than most people will in a lifetime. My dad bought a gold wing and after riding that thing I wanted to throw rocks at the Harley lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You ride BMW's for work now rite? What do you think of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I don't ride anything anymore but my dept strictly buys Harley's and I don't see them changing anytime soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

parallel

Often Beside Himself
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    LaPlace, Louisiana
    Nice ride. I think you will like the touring, especially if you plan on some longer trips. I'll be watching for you around town, maybe meet up some time. If it was one of the traffic cops in St. John I probably worked with him, most of the traffic guys were real good, however some of them moved on. If you run across a blue/white Harley Ultra, wave it's me. Now keep the rubber down and hope you have many enjoyable years on your new ride.

Nope, Jefferson Parish female deputy... she was really great about making sure the insurance got sorted out. She went to see the folks at two different locations after I contacted her to see if I had some sort of typo or something on the paperwork she gave my wife at the scene. When things didn't sync up she stayed with it until she figured it out, even calling the insurance company to let them know there was a problem and relaying their solution to all involved. I really ought to dig up her name and write a letter to her department.

I too live in LaPlace, I'm sure well see each other around. If you want to drop me a email (in my profile) wit you contact info and we'll see about linking up for a ride some time.,

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom