If you ever wanted to own a .50 BMG rifle, but were intimated by the costs.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Serbu Firearms, a long time manufacturer of bolt action 50 BMG rifles, then their semi-auto, is now in production of a single shot .50 BMG rifle with a msrp of < $1200. Breach loading. Pretty good deal if you ever wanted to own a truly long range superpower rifle. (12,000+ lbs ft of energy at the muzzle)

http://www.serbu.com/rn-50-break-action-50-bmg.html

Last edited:

TXAZ

BMG Neophyte
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Greenwood LA / Plano TX
    I talked to Mark Serbu about a year ago when they announced it. There's actually a lot good things about it, as in it's cheap, inexpensive, and doesn't cost much. Single shot, screw on breech, but if you want a .50 cheap, this (isn't) your gun. Look for the AR-50 gently used.
    I bit the bullet last April and bought this instead: :)

[video]http://vid970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/azmb/IMG_9067_zpstpwneveh.mp4[/video]http://vid970.photobucket.com/albums/ae188/azmb/IMG_9067_zpstpwneveh.mp4

Pardon me while I figure out the video uploading.

Last edited:

lsujeep

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Br, lafayette, and Nola
    I like the harbor freight comment b/c I have purchased my share " one and done " tools there haha. But this is a decent rifle. Its accurate and it lasted.....granted its not like we have put 10,000 rounds thru it....but I couldnt afford the ammo to do that anyway.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I like the harbor freight comment b/c I have purchased my share " one and done " tools there haha. But this is a decent rifle. Its accurate and it lasted.....granted its not like we have put 10,000 rounds thru it....but I couldnt afford the ammo to do that anyway.

Some people here judge a weapon solely by "how pretty" it is.....Mark Serbu has been engineering and building quality weapons for quite a while now, in Tampa FL.

I have learned here on BS you can't fix "stupid". Not even worth replying to.....

Serbu's BFG-50 single shot bolt action 50 BMG rifle produced since 1999. It was his first 50.

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Actually, stupid can be fixed. Happens all the time in fact. I don't know anything about the rifle or it's maker to be honest. To each his own I guess but that was truly my first impression. Still don't think I want to get behind it myself.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Check out this insane derivative of the RN-50. 16" barrel, side folding stock, Eotech, 50 BMG. Previously I thought well just what does one do with a 50 BMG rifle except shoot extreme long range. How about blowing up just about anything. You might want to FF the fluff to 2:00 in the video.

Wanna impress all ur buddies with the baddest and most powerful SBR in town? Here it is.

Last edited:

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    This rifle is legal for primitive weapon season with the outside hammer.

Serbu Firearms, a long time manufacturer of bolt action 50 BMG rifles, then their semi-auto, is now in production of a single shot .50 BMG rifle with a msrp of < $1200. Breach loading. Pretty good deal if you ever wanted to own a truly long range superpower rifle. (12,000+ lbs ft of energy at the muzzle)

http://www.serbu.com/rn-50-break-action-50-bmg.html

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom