Greetings from the Peoples Republic (Long read)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoustingCustoms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Afternoon! A little about myself here. My name is Justin. I'm 28, Born and raised in Southern California (not by choice), graduated high school in 06, graduated CST in 08'. I enjoy firearms a lot. Way more than I probably should, but that's how it be. I love fishing and would really like to go hunting but it's a joke here in terms of how many "hoops" you have to jump through just to get a tag on a deer. But I do enjoy the fishing on Lake Pontchartrain, my uncle goes out into the Gulf for Yellow and Blue fin quite a bit.

My entire immediate family lives in Louisiana, particularity Kenner, and Prairieville. Just came back from visiting my Brother in Prairieville, and I really enjoyed my time there. Years ago I didn't really care but now that I am getting older, it seems more like home to me now than San Diego. I want to move to Louisiana but need a job lined up first and I'm told it would be "easy" for me to get one but I am not sure. So here I am.

I am a 6+ year gunsmith. Graduated from Colorado School of Trades. Been in the field working on everything (california legal *vomits*). My current projects are basic (to me) Clark Custom 38 special build, hammer follows, weak recoil spring. Sights install on a Colt Commander with the stake in front sight (easy). Trigger and action job on a 686-10, Single action at 7.5lbs, double at 1lb. Remington Enfield in 30-06 for general diagnosis and repairs if needed, going to check head space but thats easy. Mossberg 9200 with an ejector that sits inside the chamber instead of on the side. Scope mounting on a mini 14. Have a REALLY COOL Colt Lightning rifle. But the chamber is pitted and wont extract. Barrel needs to be removed and re-lined. But the owner refuses to buy a lathe for gunsmithing (he can def afford it). M&P15 lower for assembly with a test fire. I build a lot of AR's but as we all know, anybody can do it.

I have done a lot of work over the 6 years of smithing. Built a quite a bit of custom bolt rifles for customers back when I worked in Los Angeles. What I would like to do is more custom 1911 work. I would like to tighten slide and frame fits with bushing fitment as well. Done plenty of barrel fitting. Novak sights I can do. I have not done Bomar Cuts yet but will learn very soon. Building ak's from flats is something I've always wanted to do as well along with hk style rifles and sub guns. Always eager to learn something new. I am not good at checkering and incredibly slow on stock fitment (depending on in letting) but bedding rifles and adding box magazine conversions I can do. Refinishing stocks isn't a strong point either. I've dura coated a few times, came out okay. I do prep and polishing for rust blueing and parkerizing and also know how to run the set up. I pretty much do it all or to the best of my ability. I also want to work on Class 3 and NFA items. Class 3 firearms are really what got me into smithing. I have a instagram with a few projects. It's the best way to see some of the few things I have worked on in the past.

I would love to call Louisiana home. If you know of anybody looking for a gunsmith in Louisiana please let me know. Re-locating isn't a big deal for me and would be more than happy to work for the right business/company. I let an opportunity slip past me for Prairieville but won't let another go past again. I'd be more than happy to answer any questions. And I am not here to steal anybodys business or step on anyones toes. I'm a team player and have referred others to other gunsmiths for specific work that I wasn't able to do. I apologize for the lengthy post. And if this breaks any rules or needs to be moved, mods please feel free to do as you see fit. Thank you for your time!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Welcome aboard, hope you can relocate soon.
    Just don't get involved in a "reality" show.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Top Bottom