What happened? A BS.com member has been victimized?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If you did that to me.I would be driving off.That too me is one of the biggest red flags.
    Why you need your protector or friend in the car? I always tell them to come alone.

I had it happen many years ago.A guy wanted a firearm.We met and he had a guy with
    him.He turned and asked the guy to come look.I thought to myself as the other guy
    was standing there.The original buyer was in front and his buddy in back.of me.First
    off,I never want to not be able to see everyone in the transaction and i sure don't want
    to have to be looking behind me.All in all,just not a good idea IMHO

And I am always alone.I would never want to jeopardize someone else s life over a firearm
    deal for me.I think that's foolish.

And yes I have driven away from that situation as well.The guy txt me,apologized and
    we meet again.Most people will get it ,if you just explain it and not just run away.

One if the biggest red flags should be someone telling you to come alone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I've had members back out of deals when they found out I work in LE.

JR1572

This is true. I always wait until we agree on price and meeting spot then tell them I'll be in the police car. This has led to a lot of no shows especially on Craigslist and la sportsman.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    The last trade I did was with a deputy in a marked car in front of a busy parking lot. As we're both playing with our new rifles we got some VERY strange looks. It was by far the funniest transaction I've done.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    One if the biggest red flags should be someone telling you to come alone lol

I do not ask them to come alone most of the time.I just make sure no matter how
    many are in the vehicle they arrive in,only one gets out and inspects firearm ,etc..

If someone does get out,I explain to them,I do not feel comfortable with more
    than one person.Out of many,many deals.I haven't had an issue since I implied my
    new rules ,as of 25 years ago into place.

1.I don't have people come to my home or go to theirs.
    2.I always do the deal alone,with them as well.
    3.I always meet in a place I know or public

as far as meeting LEO.I love it.They always have the best firearms and usually the
    best deals.AT least I know,think ,the firearm isn't stolen:)I have many LEO friends
    in the sulphur area.I have meet a few in laffy and jennings as well.Never an issue.

Reminds me of a deal I made a few months back.The lady had some nice shottys
    for fair price.She asked to meet in wal mart parking lot.She stated what vehicle
    she would be in.As I drove through the parking lot,I spotted her vehicle right in
    front of the doors leading into wally.I had no issue with it.I proceeded to get out
    inspect the firearms.We did the deal and even signed a BOS.We had many strange
    looks,but it didn't bother me either way.I was happy to do the deal.

Last edited:

tmupz

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    westbank
    I remember him , he told news he got robbed coming out of target which was BS .
    Come to find out he (Brandon) got caught with stolen phone , drugs , cash and over 20+ guns. B

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I Was saying ,when I had a ccl up north ,north,I mean state wise.My CCL card said I had the right to stop
    any felony that I saw in progress.I was basically asking if that was the laws here.I do know most of the
    laws here,just not anything about the CCW,because I have never gotten one or wanted one in La.

This is a OC state,no reason for me,personally to have a CCW.I stay on my land or in my car.That is where
    the ol castle doctrine comes in.Oh and I carry a M57 on my side daily.I have it on now:)

What state do you get a card with those powers?

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    What state do you get a card with those powers?

That has been around 35 years ago.And that also was before they legalized the mary.
    It was washington state.I went into courthouse,filled out about 12 questions,paid 50
    bucks.Then the lady came out and said here you go,please sign here and here.She then
    gave me a wallet sized card that said "I had the right to Carry in my vehicle".NOT on my
    persons.

We are talking about up north,same as cali BS.But somewhat better in washington state.
    But I definitely remember it saying such about the stopping of a felony in progress.I do not
    remember exact wording.I don't think I ever read it all.I was a bit younger then and Just
    happy to carry a firearm in my vehicle's.:0

I just assumed all states did that if you had CCP or CCW,CCL,etc...

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    Doesn't the Covington Police Dept offer the lobby for face to face transactions? I read they wanted to offer a safe place for strangers to meet This was in response to some of the Craigslist deals gone bad. What about showing up with a firearm or two? Just a thought. Should we call first? ;)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That has been around 35 years ago.And that also was before they legalized the mary.
    It was washington state.I went into courthouse,filled out about 12 questions,paid 50
    bucks.Then the lady came out and said here you go,please sign here and here.She then
    gave me a wallet sized card that said "I had the right to Carry in my vehicle".NOT on my
    persons.

We are talking about up north,same as cali BS.But somewhat better in washington state.
    But I definitely remember it saying such about the stopping of a felony in progress.I do not
    remember exact wording.I don't think I ever read it all.I was a bit younger then and Just
    happy to carry a firearm in my vehicle's.:0

I just assumed all states did that if you had CCP or CCW,CCL,etc...

Ok thank you. In Louisiana it's Concealed Handgun Permit as in CHP and you don't get any special powers only that you can carry a concealed handgun and a few places you can carry that you couldn't without one.
    My Army room mate was from Washington.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom