STOLEN TODAY 12-27-2016: SWD M-11/9 s/n:85-0000358

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Then you wouldn't be making any deals with me or anyone that I know.Those points are redundant.
    Are you democrat by chance :? lol

Then I would not do business with you or anyone else you know.

Doesn't bother me; not in the least.

Democrat; Republican. Both are Statists. Just give me the Bill of Rights and Constitution. You can have the rest and the Party apparatus that leads them both to Hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've never been asked this and I prefer to not do a bill of sale either. I like that the man doesn't know what I got...

The "bill of sale" is for my protection; it goes nowhere unless the pistol turns up in a crime and they kick down my door as the last owner.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    He texted me on my phone Stephen. Said he saw it on posted on LA Sportsman. I need to and will remove my phone number from the ads soon.
    Hey man I hate this happened to you. I won't toss about assumptions but I am interested in how they got you to overlook some important signs. I'm not looking to beat up on you by any means. I'm curious and hope your experience may prevent someone else from allowing themselves to be robbed.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    The "bill of sale" is for my protection; it goes nowhere unless the pistol turns up in a crime and they kick down my door as the last owner.

Word.

It protects me if you sold me a stolen gun too.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land

One of the first private deals I did was with a BRPD and he asked if I wanted a BOS, and he explained if the gun is used in a crime that they won't necessarily be looking for the weapon, but the person that committed the crime.

Word.

It protects me if you sold me a stolen gun too.

Yeah, but seriously I can forge a BOS so easily it's ridiculous...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    He texted me on my phone Stephen. Said he saw it on posted on LA Sportsman. I need to and will remove my phone number from the ads soon.

Thanks for the info. I think we should all avoid LA sportsman. I RARELY ever sell guns, but when I do, it's to the great people here on bayoushooter. NEVER an issue, most of the guys ended up being great guys, many working professionals that all share the same hobby. BUT 1 time I decided to list a gun on LA sportsman and it was a bad experience. Guy said he wanted it, said to meet him. Asked if he was a resident, and he said he was. All over text. Well the day of, I decided to call the guy, seemed to have a very "urban" dialect. Told him do you have your ID to prove you are local and of age. He said he had a registration on his car. I decided to turn around and go home.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    All, this post was just to inform you and to be aware about a skinny punk ass scumbag thief that reached in very quickly and grabbed my pistol even with my window more than halfway rolled up. This potential sale was intended for his 37 year old dad and not him. I did not and would not ever let a teen handle my pistols period. I have had well over a dozen successful transactions in the past few years off and on. I have a case filed with the police. I also have been personally contacted by a few people that have this same individual try and trade or buy from them. One guy was even a cop that served 22yrs. It happened so fast and quick there was no time to react. So before posting any negative and childish insulting assumptions, mainly "hogheadcheese54", get the facts first please before attacking with dumb statements like I would sell to a kid or the gun will be used now to kill a family plus kids! Grow up man. You should be ashamed of yourself. This is not a post for potty at all. It was only intended to make you all aware of this thief etc. I am a Gulf War Veteran by the way and held a Top Secret Clearance along with receiving a personal face to face Letter of Commendation from the Admiral of the George Washington Battle Group for a job well done above and beyond the call of duty on getting TS special electronic equipment repaired, tested and calibrated for the submarines in the fleet. Without this equipment, the entire battlgroup/fleet would have been delayed deploying for the Persian Gulf.
    Anyway, I pray this doesn't happen to anyone else and also thanks to everyone who believed this true story and was mature enough to comment like an adult.

Wow,I think I just hurled a little in my coffee.Yep ,there it is:(

I am a veteran as well,I however do not play that card or do I care about who,what,
    or where you are.We were only discussing the facts that you had posted.I thought a lot came
    up with some very good points in not what to do.I in no way ,intentionally meant any
    disrespect or anger towards whoever you are.

I don't ever remember saying it happened this or that way.I was merely stating what you posted.
    A late teen,you had no idea ,late or otherwise.You never saw his id.You assumed.Then you say
    you was a few battles,yet you are driving through a sketchy,actually really bad hood at night
    alone with said: firearm on the seat.

You now say the guy reached into your car,which is your residence,correct,attorneys? Anyone?
    The perp allegedly grabbed the firearm,that you had on the seat.Oh wait,thats right,I guessed
    that may have been what happened before you even said it.

I know when I go to make deals or im just driving around town,I keep my ak on da seat
    brotha,Uhhh NOT!!! With your windows down.I have no alternative ,but to believe you,but all the
    years of cases I have seen,with this one,I would definitely need a lot more facts.

I think a few learned a few things from this posts for future firearm transactions:)
    I kinda thought that was what he forum was about.

Again,I in no way ,intentionally meant any disrespect or anger towards whoever you are.
    Good luck to you and yours.I hope they catch those guys.Thanks for your service!!!!

P.S. Is that better JR? Im trying man,give an ol feller a break:)

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    One of the first private deals I did was with a BRPD and he asked if I wanted a BOS, and he explained if the gun is used in a crime that they won't necessarily be looking for the weapon, but the person that committed the crime.

True you could make one at anytime and have Jim Bob or Budroux sign as the seller, but that doesn't mean not getting one is preferable. That paper is basically useless 99.99999999% but it doesn't hurt.

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    And there it is

The way the OP wrote the statement was: The farther was coming but son would meet
    him.I assumed he handed it to him.Even if he didn't,how did the firearm get out of said
    op's vehicle?Did the perp get into the OP vehicle,did the op bring the firearm out to kid
    to inspect.Did the perp grab the firearm laying on the hood.Did the perp reach in the
    window and grab it?

All good questions,as we have no answers for until OP shows his presence.

For me, I don't care either way about any of the questions.My facts are,why is the
    firearm near,close by,,in hands of,,etc perp,kid?

The rest to me is irrelevant!!!

I guessed it.I always thought guessing and assuming was the same.No one knows the truth
    until the truth appears,right?

I still stand by that.

Thanks richard for pointing that out:)

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wow,I think I just hurled a little in my coffee.Yep ,there it is:(

I am a veteran as well,I however do not play that card or do I care about who,what,
    or where you are.We were only discussing the facts that you had posted.I thought a lot came
    up with some very good points in not what to do.I in no way ,intentionally meant any
    disrespect or anger towards whoever you are.

I don't ever remember saying it happened this or that way.I was merely stating what you posted.
    A late teen,you had no idea ,late or otherwise.You never saw his id.You assumed.Then you say
    you was a few battles,yet you are driving through a sketchy,actually really bad hood at night
    alone with said: firearm on the seat.

You now say the guy reached into your car,which is your residence,correct,attorneys? Anyone?
    The perp allegedly grabbed the firearm,that you had on the seat.Oh wait,thats right,I guessed
    that may have been what happened before you even said it.

I know when I go to make deals or im just driving around town,I keep my ak on da seat
    brotha,Uhhh NOT!!! With your windows down.I have no alternative ,but to believe you,but all the
    years of cases I have seen,with this one,I would definitely need a lot more facts.

I think a few learned a few things from this posts for future firearm transactions:)
    I kinda thought that was what he forum was about.

Again,I in no way ,intentionally meant any disrespect or anger towards whoever you are.
    Good luck to you and yours.I hope they catch those guys.Thanks for your service!!!!

P.S. Is that better JR? Im trying man,give an ol feller a break:)

I second JR in this case. You should really proofread what you post before you hit submit. Just read it out loud and see how it sounds. As for a car being your residence - no, it is not.

As for the OP, this situation sucks and I'm sorry you had to go through that. Keep us updated as the everything progresses.

Uzi9mm

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Houma, LA
    THIS WAS NOT AT NIGHT HOGMAN!!! This happened at 13:50 (that's 1:50pm btw..) Facts .....facts Not assumptions. Once again Hoggy, I DID NOT HAND THE LITTLE PERP MY GUN! The skinny little bastard slip through the crack of my almost halfway down window a split second after I looked towards the back of my rear seats to grab the sheets of the bill of sale while I waited for his fake non existing father to show up. 3 seconds! The pisol was on the center console. QUICK AND FAST! I dont fkn care if you had a 20mm Navy Sea Wiz that shoots over 5000rds per minute bolted next to your AK you carry around. Btw, great choice for personal protection in such a tight space like the front cab of a car! You did disrespect me and insulted the very good reputation of all the members on this wonderful site. I'm lucky I didnt just get shot in the head and the perp just walk away with the gun. Would you then be discussing how this newbie on bayoushooter was shot because he didnt have the power of foresight? No you would be dogging me saying how stupid I was etc etc. Enough of this discussion. Nothing more needs to be said! I didnt just lose a stupid gun which I have no emotional ties to. You dont know the first thing about loss until you step into my world boy. I will not reply anymorw to this nonsense because of your idiotic replies and senseless gestures. I'm done. Thank you all other Bayoushooter members for your replies. I appreciate it tremendously. I am lucky to be alive! Here is a link to who I believe stole my gun if anyone is interested:
    http://www.katc.com/story/34143083/wanted-lafayette-fugitive-considered-armed-and-dangerous

Last edited:

hoghunter54

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Westlake,la.
    THIS WAS NOT AT NIGHT HOGMAN!!! This happened at 13:50 (that's 1:50pm btw..) Facts .....facts Not assumptions. Once again Hoggy, I DID NOT HAND THE LITTLE PERP MY GUN! The skinny little bastard slip through the crack of my almost halfway down window a split second after I looked towards the back of my rear seats to grab the sheets of the bill of sale while I waited for his fake non existing father to show up. 3 seconds! The pisol was on the center console. QUICK AND FAST! I dont fkn care if you had a 20mm Navy Sea Wiz that shoots over 5000rds per minute bolted next to your AK you carry around. Btw, great choice for personal protection in such a tight space like the front cab of a car! You did disrespect me and insulted the very good reputation of all the members on this wonderful site. I'm lucky I didnt just get shot in the head and the perp just walk away with the gun. Would you then be discussing how this newbie on bayoushooter was shot because he didnt have the power of foresight? No you would be dogging me saying how stupid I was etc etc. Enough of this discussion. Nothing more needs to be said! I didnt just lose a stupid gun which I have no emotional ties to. You dont know the first thing about loss until you step into my world boy. I will not reply anymorw to this nonsense because of your idiotic replies and senseless gestures. I'm done. Thank you all other Bayoushooter members for your replies. I appreciate it tremendously. I am lucky to be alive! Here is a link to who I believe stole my gun if anyone is interested:
    http://www.katc.com/story/34143083/wanted-lafayette-fugitive-considered-armed-and-dangerous

Your right.With as many mistakes as you made,you are really lucky to be alive.
    As far as apology goes.I'm glad you didn't accept it,I really didn't mean it.I was just
    being nice to a new guy on the forum.

Your story has changed 2-3 times since you first posted.AT this point I really don't
    see any reason to keep up either.First gun was stolen.Then it was supposedly on
    a seat.Then you say,the gun was on center console.Your window was down halfway,
    then I'm sure when you gave your statement,you probably said window was only
    down 1 inch.

I hope there were more than 1 officer that took your statement,cause it sure seems
    to change each time you tell it.

I'm just glad no one else was involved.I still think it is negligence on your part.And
    yes,if my son or daughter was killed with that firearm.I would definitely take you to
    court for negligent homicide.I think as an adult,all your actions should be accounted
    for.

I think many people on here learned a lot of what to do and not to do during a
    firearm transaction.And for that,we thank you!!!!!

Oh and to JR and the clique.I will not be logging on to this account for a longgg time.
    So no need to try and ban.I will however be here watching and reading all the
    wonderful stories.Only God knows my IP lol

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

Don't let hoghunter54 get you down he's a internet badass! Go search his past post and you will see he has a habit of being special lol.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Your right.With as many mistakes as you made,you are really lucky to be alive.
    As far as apology goes.I'm glad you didn't accept it,I really didn't mean it.I was just
    being nice to a new guy on the forum.

Your story has changed 2-3 times since you first posted.AT this point I really don't
    see any reason to keep up either.First gun was stolen.Then it was supposedly on
    a seat.Then you say,the gun was on center console.Your window was down halfway,
    then I'm sure when you gave your statement,you probably said window was only
    down 1 inch.

I hope there were more than 1 officer that took your statement,cause it sure seems
    to change each time you tell it.

I'm just glad no one else was involved.I still think it is negligence on your part.And
    yes,if my son or daughter was killed with that firearm.I would definitely take you to
    court for negligent homicide.I think as an adult,all your actions should be accounted
    for.

I think many people on here learned a lot of what to do and not to do during a
    firearm transaction.And for that,we thank you!!!!!

Oh and to JR and the clique.I will not be logging on to this account for a longgg time.
    So no need to try and ban.I will however be here watching and reading all the
    wonderful stories.Only God knows my IP lol

Ted, take your meds please. You're getting manic again.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

Yeah, they "won't necessarily" be looking for...

Umkay. Perhaps you fully trust your government agents. I've lived long enough to just pass on that.

As to your abilities, the operative word is FORGE...

I'll pass on that, too.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Yeah, they "won't necessarily" be looking for...

Umkay. Perhaps you fully trust your government agents. I've lived long enough to just pass on that.

As to your abilities, the operative word is FORGE...

I'll pass on that, too.

If the cops want to come question me that's fine. I have no problem answering questions.

Apparently you didn't see me get railroaded a couple weeks ago... No I don't totally trust, but generally I have a good bit of faith in most officers... That kind of talk can get you in trouble on here:mamoru:

All I'm saying is a BOS doesn't really accomplish/prove/absolve ownership much. There's no way to tell how many times a firearm changes hands. The cops aren't going to waste time to run down the history of the weapon.

If that piece of paper gives you piece of mind then go for it, I won't back out on a deal because the seller or buyer wants one, it's just not a must for me.

Besides, all of my BOS's were lost in the flood...:rofl:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom