My Number one Pet peeve , when selling.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    you know what chaps my ass more then anything? when i get messages with interest in a item im selling, to the point the person sends me their Phone number to text more pics or whatever. then they agree to want to buy said item. As soon as i reach out to schedule details on a transaction either FTF or mail they never respond and disappear.

Look if you had second thoughts , or changed your mind and did not want the item just tell me. Dont just drop off the earth and never respond back to my Pm's or text messages. Waste my time, and effort.

3 times this has happen on this board in less then 1 month.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    This has happened to me once from a member on here. I think if we started giving negative feedback for issues like this it would cut down on a lot of this happening on this site. This is why we have the rating system correct? The general consensus is trading/buying/selling on this site is a great experience. If we start losing that, then we really need to start giving negative feedback.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Happened to me once also. I dont have a problem with someone backing out of a deal, I just would appreciate them letting me know.

I've backed out before. Stuff happens. Sometimes it's a closer look at the bank account, could be loss of interest, maybe even found a better deal. Own up. It's not the classiest of things but honesty goes a long way with people.
    Now surely there are some hardasses who want to raise a stink but most people are reasonable and those who aren't don't deserve my business anyway.

Edit: I'm not saying backing out means a person has no class. There are legit reasons and dubious reasons. Whatever the case there's no need to pressure someone into something they are not confident to pursue.

Last edited:

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I've backed out before. Stuff happens. Sometimes it's a closer look at the bank account, could be loss of interest, maybe even found a better deal. Own up. It's not the classiest of things but honesty goes a long way with people.
    Now surely there are some hardasses who want to raise a stink but most people are reasonable and those who aren't don't deserve my business anyway.

Edit: I'm not saying backing out means a person has no class. There are legit reasons and dubious reasons. Whatever the case there's no need to pressure someone into something they are not confident to pursue.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This! Sometimes things just happen and cant be avoided. But at least own up to it and let the member know you cant go through with the deal.

fng

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    St. Charles Parish
    They should be left negative feedback and mods should ban them temporarily. If at the last minute something comes up and you can't do the deal and you communicate that, no problem whatsoever, stuff happens and things come up, but there is no excuse to just refuse to show up or respond to an email or text without some sort of explanation. On some of the big forums you get banned for that.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This! Sometimes things just happen and cant be avoided. But at least own up to it and let the member know you cant go through with the deal.

The only deal I have ever had go awry was because of the flood... I still sent an apology PM.

They should be left negative feedback and mods should ban them temporarily. If at the last minute something comes up and you can't do the deal and you communicate that, no problem whatsoever, stuff happens and things come up, but there is no excuse to just refuse to show up or respond to an email or text without some sort of explanation. On some of the big forums you get banned for that.

You should catch a permaban if you agree to meet and don't show and won't respond. still hashing out details is one thing, but agreeing to meet and then start ducking is a completely different thing!

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    They should also ban people that agree upon a price and meet up time, only to say they are short on cash when you meet up and ask if you will take less.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    This has happened to me once from a member on here. I think if we started giving negative feedback for issues like this it would cut down on a lot of this happening on this site. This is why we have the rating system correct? The general consensus is trading/buying/selling on this site is a great experience. If we start losing that, then we really need to start giving negative feedback.

Too arbitrary and would probably put an undue burden on the current marketplace mods. I can't imagine the time it would take to go through forwarded messages and screenshots of members trying to prove guilt or innocence.

You should catch a permaban if you agree to meet and don't show and won't respond. still hashing out details is one thing, but agreeing to meet and then start ducking is a completely different thing!

This is where negative feedback would be warranted along with a brief explanation of their behavior. IMHO........

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Too arbitrary and would probably put an undue burden on the current marketplace mods. I can't imagine the time it would take to go through forwarded messages and screenshots of members trying to prove guilt or innocence.

This is where negative feedback would be warranted along with a brief explanation of their behavior. IMHO........

Point taken. I hardly see negative feedback for people, and I think it's a tool that should be used more often to weed out shady buyers. I couldn't bring myself to tag a guy who already sounded down on his luck for not responding. I agree that if someone gets stood up is grounds for negative comments. Like my credit I take my feedback score very seriously as I imagine most other members do.

ETA: I originally joined to have a safer group of guys to buy/trade with.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    They should also ban people that agree upon a price and meet up time, only to say they are short on cash when you meet up and ask if you will take less.

Ah man that's a classic. Never happened to me on a gun but that did happen to me on a vehicle once. I was young and stupid and took the money anyway. I am angry with myself to this day.

geauxbubba

"No Comment"
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Lacombe
    I had it happen trying to buy. I agreed to his price, then he asked if I had anything to trade. I offered something, he never responded after that. I sent Text messages and IM. Nothing, the last I checked, it is still listed on here for sale.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom