Seekins Precision

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    So the wife surprised me with this for Christmas. Now what build is what I have to decide. Decisions,
    104075d1b6e3544e7223953d5837e35e.jpg
    decisions.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If you plan to go the SBR route, I happen to own a seekins build. (Seekins SP223 lower non-logo and Seekins complete "combat" upper).

image_zpshxlu4zsw.jpeg

Only thing I changed was the 9 inch rail for a 10 inch one, and I also changed my optic from a TR24 to a aimpoint T2. But over all it's pretty cool, has a radial fluted barrel, adjustable gas, set screw to adjust upper/lower fitment (never really had to use it) Screw to adjust trigger take up, and relocates the rear detent spring to where the grip is. Also the rail is continuous, so it gives it a monolithic look.

I also have a billet NOX 16 inch upper also.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    If you plan to go the SBR route, I happen to own a seekins build. (Seekins SP223 lower non-logo and Seekins complete "combat" upper).

image_zpshxlu4zsw.jpeg

Only thing I changed was the 9 inch rail for a 10 inch one, and I also changed my optic from a TR24 to a aimpoint T2. But over all it's pretty cool, has a radial fluted barrel, adjustable gas, set screw to adjust upper/lower fitment (never really had to use it) Screw to adjust trigger take up, and relocates the rear detent spring to where the grip is. Also the rail is continuous, so it gives it a monolithic look.

I also have a billet NOX 16 inch upper also.
    Very nice build, seekins makes some nice products. I've been wanting this set for a while now. I'm torn to do a SBR or not. What bcg you're running?

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Very nice build, seekins makes some nice products. I've been wanting this set for a while now. I'm torn to do a SBR or not. What bcg you're running?

On both builds, I have what ever BCG it came with. I believe it is melonited. But I do happen to have an extra Fail Zero EXO bcg laying around. Couldn't decide which rifle to put it in, so it's currently running as "back up" for my VDI light weight BCG in my 18 inch noveske.

The good news, is seekins has dropped in price since a couple years ago when I bought mine. Before I bought my upper which was over 1k, and a pro series 14.5 inch upper that was closer to 1500. Now their uppers are ~800. But I don't know what kinda barrel they are running now. The 14.5 I built is my friend's favorite rifle. Never owned an AR prior and first day out, he was slamming the plate at 100 yards quickly.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/par...ete-upper-receivers/noxs-billet-16-upper.html

I have this upper btw. Ordered it in JULY! and just received it on Christmas eve. So much for an 8 week wait I was originally quoted.

Last edited:

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    On both builds, I have what ever BCG it came with. I believe it is melonited. But I do happen to have an extra Fail Zero EXO bcg laying around. Couldn't decide which rifle to put it in, so it's currently running as "back up" for my VDI light weight BCG in my 18 inch noveske.

The good news, is seekins has dropped in price since a couple years ago when I bought mine. Before I bought my upper which was over 1k, and a pro series 14.5 inch upper that was closer to 1500. Now their uppers are ~800. But I don't know what kinda barrel they are running now. The 14.5 I built is my friend's favorite rifle. Never owned an AR prior and first day out, he was slamming the plate at 100 yards quickly.

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/par...ete-upper-receivers/noxs-billet-16-upper.html

I have this upper btw. Ordered it in JULY! and just received it on Christmas eve. So much for an 8 week wait I was originally quoted.
    Gotcha. I wanted their low mass bcg but its unavailable now for some reason and their barrels are hard to find. If all else fails I'll probably end up going with a faxon barrel and bcg or SOLGW barrel and bcg. I was trying to keep this as much seekins as possible but it probably won't happen. The noxs rail is a must though. Supposedly they're making a one piece optic mount, hopefully its released at shot show. I seen a teaser pic on one of their rifles a while back.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    Oh and noveske makes some of the finest barrels out there at least the did before the passing of John. I would think their QC would still be the same though.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    If I could do it over again, I'd keep all the seekins parts that I have (upper, lower, selector, mag release, bolt catch and handguard) But may go with a lighter barrel. Preferably made by a good barrel company like wilson, white oak etc... The fluting is cool but man is that upper heavy for what it is. Also my 16 inch upper has an almost straight profile barrel which is on the heavy end.

ARifleman1982

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    If I could do it over again, I'd keep all the seekins parts that I have (upper, lower, selector, mag release, bolt catch and handguard) But may go with a lighter barrel. Preferably made by a good barrel company like wilson, white oak etc... The fluting is cool but man is that upper heavy for what it is. Also my 16 inch upper has an almost straight profile barrel which is on the heavy end.
    2A armament makes a nice pencil barrel. All lower parts will be whats offered by seekins as well. I just wish I could locate the zombie green safety they offered but had no success. I didn't like it until I seen it on a rifle. Its not bright like the others that I don't care for. I don't even know why they called it zombie green in the first place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom