Glock trigger (duty carry) upgrade

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I've replaced my Shield's trigger with an Apex and really like it. Would like to do something similar to my G19....but looking for suggestions.
    Considering Overwatch TAC or Zec Tech adjustable so far...

Used "duty carry" term b/c I thought it meant "reliable" and "not too light" as it applies to triggers. I'm not a LEO, FYI.

Main goals:
    1- Reduce take up (or eliminate)
    2- Make the wall very crisp
    3- Not go below 3-4 lbs
    4- Shorten reset

Any thoughts?
    (Pic for interest)

c448b31541fafb5f6545f6aced942bae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    LEO? I wouldn't touch trigger parts... decades or work in millions of guns worth of R&D and experience went into them, and I know for a fact that in a shooting the other side's lawyers will do anything to cast doubt on you, including gun modifications and especially if they are not expressly approved by your agency.

If your not an LEO ignore the agency approval parts. Glock triggers suck compared to a lot of guns, but that few hundred bucks in magic springs and triggers can buy a lot of 9mm for practice to learn how to work that thing.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    For Duty I'd leave it alone. But if you insist, stay far away from adjustable triggers. The Zev Professional trigger is a good option though. Just the trigger and bar, leave the springs and all else alone. Trigger weight only matters when you're playing at the range. Under stress you won't know the difference between 4lbs and 6lbs.

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LEO? I wouldn't touch trigger parts... decades or work in millions of guns worth of R&D and experience went into them, and I know for a fact that in a shooting the other side's lawyers will do anything to cast doubt on you, including gun modifications and especially if they are not expressly approved by your agency.

If your not an LEO ignore the agency approval parts. Glock triggers suck compared to a lot of guns, but that few hundred bucks in magic springs and triggers can buy a lot of 9mm for practice to learn how to work that thing.

Thanks for the input.
    I agree, but I'm not a LEO.
    I used "duty carry" term b/c I thought it meant "reliable" and "not too light" as it applies to triggers (which obviously was a little misleading).
    And yes, also agree significant training is necessary to operate that (or any) firearm and is necessary to keep everyone around me safe and to make me effective with any potential threat I may encounter.

You can maybe see in the pic...I have a Mantis X training device.
    In addition to +/-1000 rounds per month at the range, I've been (almost daily) working on my muscle memory holster draw and trigger pull/firearm grip (using the Mantis).

I just share all of that to say that I think I'm putting sufficient amount of brass down range and don't plan on that changing anytime soon...(and still prolly with do a reliable trigger upgrade).

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For Duty I'd leave it alone. But if you insist, stay far away from adjustable triggers. The Zev Professional trigger is a good option though. Just the trigger and bar, leave the springs and all else alone. Trigger weight only matters when you're playing at the range. Under stress you won't know the difference between 4lbs and 6lbs.

Sorry, think I used the wrong term.
    I used "duty carry" term b/c I thought it meant "reliable" and "not too light" as it applies to triggers. I'm not a LEO, FYI.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    Have a friend that is a certified Glock armorer (or something like that) and that is the same trigger he recommended.

That's definitely the route I'm leaning.

And yes, also agree and will be leaving as much of the factory Glock components as possible while trying to improve the trigger even just a little bit.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I use a Ghost Rocket that is supposed to be a 3.5#. It is a bit lighter than I would really like for carry. I plan to try one of the new Ghost connectors sold through Dave Spaulding's website. It is supposed to be grossly the same feel as the Rocket, be a drop in, and be a bit heavier.

BTW. I probably have 10K rounds with that connector and no issues. From a reliability standpoint I don't think it's an issue. I would be much more hesitant replacing the entire trigger mechanism with a Zev, etc. if reliability were the main concern.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Thanks for the input.
    I agree, but I'm not a LEO.
    I used "duty carry" term b/c I thought it meant "reliable" and "not too light" as it applies to triggers (which obviously was a little misleading).
    And yes, also agree significant training is necessary to operate that (or any) firearm and is necessary to keep everyone around me safe and to make me effective with any potential threat I may encounter.

You can maybe see in the pic...I have a Mantis X training device.
    In addition to +/-1000 rounds per month at the range, I've been (almost daily) working on my muscle memory holster draw and trigger pull/firearm grip (using the Mantis).

I just share all of that to say that I think I'm putting sufficient amount of brass down range and don't plan on that changing anytime soon...(and still prolly with do a reliable trigger upgrade).

Don't put too much brass down range it's hard to police that way. :D And yep Duty Gun would mean LEO to most people.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I've replaced my Shield's trigger with an Apex and really like it. Would like to do something similar to my G19....but looking for suggestions.
    Considering Overwatch TAC or Zec Tech adjustable so far...

Used "duty carry" term b/c I thought it meant "reliable" and "not too light" as it applies to triggers. I'm not a LEO, FYI.

Main goals:
    1- Reduce take up (or eliminate)
    2- Make the wall very crisp
    3- Not go below 3-4 lbs
    4- Shorten reset

Any thoughts?

1. Vanek/DK/OC/ etc.
    2. Connecter/Springs tuned to your preference.
    3. Not a problem.
    4. Refer to #1.
    5. If you need any assistance let me know.

Top Bottom