Which HK ???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Then we have a different opinion on light. but I notice that glock in your profile pic. I can tell you that a stock glock trigger is no where near what a factory hk trigger is, I can only assume you are comparing it to a single action trigger.

You assumed wrong.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Only the VP9 and it depends on how one would define "light". I would define that (VP9) trigger as "pretty damned good."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a VP9 owner I agree the OEM trigger is "pretty damned good".

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    arent you just mr mysterious. would you like to share your opinion? or just be an ass and talk in circles?

No, neophyte I have been here Nine years. I have 11,310 posts, 273 feedback and I am mysterious? Tell us about yourself.

cajun 22

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    May 22, 2008
    Houma, LA
    I have the HK45. It's 2 rounds less than the usp but felt better to me (shooting). It is one of my suppressor host and does very well. I too prefer and have upgraded to the LEM trigger. It works well for what I use it for which is mostly range work.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I Concur, You do not know what to tell me.
    Great now I have Ice Tea on the screen and less paper towels as well. I am not picking sides in this fight
    From what I have seen you are always with a good opinion. And only give one when you have 1st hand knowledge.
    Glad you like your VP9 as well. It is a good entry level HK that has lots of bank for the buck. Think i gave 650 with the lite sights and 3 mags shipped. It has a good out the box trigger and sights. Great trigger no! good out the box yes. As good as a Glock aftermarket one no. Go as my 1911 single action one no.
    Is it as good as a high end HK no! good gun good price, That gives ya alot for the 4 spent
    You could do a lot worse

speedster

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I've got a P30sk and P30L, both DA/SA and love them. One thing to consider is if you want a safety or not. I believe the 45 caliber HKs pretty much all have the safety/decocker on the side..just food for thought. Love my P30s.

neophyte

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Shreveport Louisana
    No, neophyte I have been here Nine years. I have 11,310 posts, 273 feedback and I am mysterious? Tell us about yourself.

I am fairly new here. I dont have many posts. Now that we got the obvious out of the way.

I was looking for what your opinion might be and what you might be comparing it to. but all you wanted to do was to tell me I was wrong about my opinion on a trigger. I am glad you feel that way it doesnt mean a whole lot to me what you think.

I feel the trigger on my vp9 is light. it is lighter than any factory glock I have ever shot and it is lighter than my p30sk. it is also lighter than either of my M&P. which is one reason I was wondering what you were comparing it to.

However, you dont seem to want to share what you are comparing it to, so you dont have to. I dont really care, I dont know you and your opinion means about as much to me as the next guy on the internet. But if you would have shared what your comparison was maybe I would have known where you were coming from and maybe some other people reading this thread could have picked up some insight as well.

have a nice day. I am happy for your seniority on an internet forum.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    Good morning everyone,

I have been eyeing different H&K's for a long time. I would like either a 9mm or a 45 and Black/FDE/etc. doesn't really matter to me. The P30 sk, full size and "L" models look really nice. I have always been a fan of the USP models and the HK 45 models are really nice. The VP series is at a better price point, but is it worth the purchase or should I pay a bit extra for a "better model"?

This is an open discussion, and I would like everyone's thoughts and preferences and WHY. If you own HK, I would prefer your opinion over people who just regurgitate what they quickly google (just to look cool or seem "smart" online). Pictures are always welcome.

So, let me know what you think....

I have several HK's in my stable, they are my favorite pistols.
    I currently have ;
    USP 45 full size DA/SA
    USP 45c LEM
    P30 LEM 9mm
    P30sk LEM 9mm
    HK45 LEM
    VP 9

I like them all, and I guess it depends what your intentions are as to what will work best. If you have a permit and carry, obviously something a little smaller would fit the bill. If it is a range gun, the size shouldn't matter, but you are probably already aware of that.

Of all the guns listed above, I find the VP9 is probably the easiest one to shoot accurately out of the box. Don't get me wrong, all are extremely accurate.

The LEM trigger is a great carry trigger to me, no safety to fumble with, but it does take some getting used of.

I really like the grip panels/ergonomics of the p30/VP line, they just fit the hand great. I find the USP line, especially the 45's are a slightly larger grip, not a big issue unless you have really small hands, the HK 45 is a little more ergonomic than the USP line, however, it too is a large gun/grip size, but it does have interchangeable back strap to help out.

All in all, you can't go wrong, just pick what you like depending on your needs.

rasputin

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Plaquemine
    Well, I picked this up yesterday and couldn't be happier.

c85bedc2eafa2d6be63ce0c7f4849954.jpg

Very impressed by the quality ergonomics and accuracy. My first H&k btw.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

neophyte

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Shreveport Louisana
    I love mine. it was my first as well. I think it is a great carry piece the only down side is capacity, but the p30 and vp mags work in it so you can carry large mags for your spares.

Gringo Loco

Psalms 37
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I'm guessing the V1 LEM or LEM versions are the most popular.

I will be looking for either a USP 9f, MK23, USP45T/Match/something awesome, HK45CT or a good deal on P30L/P30sk/VP9Tactical.

Maybe others if I find the right price per item. Idk! :noes: I just have a craving for an HK!!!

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    A few years ago (or maybe a few before those few!) I had a aching for HK pistols. So I bought a few (dozen)...

I never really liked the USP45 series. I had a few regular models with da/sa and LEM. Also had a tactical and an expert. Might have had a compact in 45 too, can't remember. What I do remember is that the grip felt blocky, and the mags were expensive. Both are personal issues, but those reasons and that I didn't shoot the usp any better than a glock 21 (also a personal issue) led me to sell them off, luckily not losing any money in the process! (thanks HK for being expensive!)

I had a USP40, and a few P2000 in 9mm and 40. Da/sa and Lem on those, had to try both. I liked the P2000 Lem, but it carried 2 fewer rounds than a glock 19, and was more expensive and mags were more expensive, and HK pistols always sell or trade so easily. So all of them went.

I do still have a PSP (P7) which I do like. Keep in mind I am a great lover (ask your girlfriend, HAHAHAHA) of weird guns, so the PSP is right up my alley.

Looking at the various reviews, I am interested in trying the VP9, as I really do not have huge desire for a DA/SA gun (unless it is a 3rd gen Smith auto, but that is a complete other kettle of fish). I do like the glock trigger on concept and function, and I have a walther ppq which has a superior out of the box trigger and other features to the glock. The VP9 looks like a good choice since it apparently has the best striker trigger out there at the moment. I do not generally mod the triggers on any of my carry guns, although I do have a few ghost disconnector and spring kits installed.

TecheTitan

You suck & HK hates you
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    New Iberia, La
    I never really liked the USP45 series.

Blasphemy!!! Travesty!!!.....may your bratwurst burn on the grill! :rofl:

I really like the USP line, true they do have large grips, but they work so well for me. I call my USP45 old reliable because I have beat that poor gun to death and she keeps on ticking. She's my sidearm of choice while out hunting.

I always wanted a P7, but haven't got around to trying one out yet, I will eventually pick up one of those too.

I agree, everything for the HK's is expensive, the guns, magazines, etc..... but they are so much fun!

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    7332DC14-94BA-4131-8B39-FEEAAB1C5319_zps30ue9nue.jpg

Any hk is a good hk.... just saying. I've bought sold and traded a few through out the years. But the usp tacticals make the best hosts and are easy to shoot accurately. The vp9 series are great shooting guns also, very easy to put multiple hits on target quickly. I didn't care much for the hk45c I had, my p7 was nice but not as sweet as some make it out to be

Top Bottom