Tactical Solutions Barrel on 10/22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Albany, LA
    I just installed a Tactical Solutions barrel on my 10/22. I previously had a Butler Creek SS .920 barrel that shot very well, it just did not cycle well. The TS barrel cycles great with all different ammo, but the grouping is not what I would expect. Has anyone had a similar experience? Thanks!

Riceland Guns

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Jennings, LA
    What ammo are you shooting? All my 10/22's, factory and built, prefer various kinds of ammo. I shoot CCI standard velocity suppressed just bc its cheap, but my guns tend to prefer RWS and SK Standard Plus. I have a Clark Custom that shoots SK's in about a 1/4" at 5 yards, but throws CCI SV to about 1" at that range. It has a tight chamber, and I will get an occasional FTE. A built Kidd 10/22 shoots just under .75 MOA with good ammo, and about 1-1.5 MOA with the SV. Most of my 22's, ruger or otherwise, despise Winchester ammo when it comes to accuracy, but I've never had a FTE with it.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I had a 10/22 with a 16.5" TS barrel, and I was very impressed with the accuracy, RG is right about the variance in accuracy with ammo, the worst I would get would be about a 1" at 20 yards. I never had any major or minor issues with mine either like FTF/FTE, I was very pleased with it.

Harper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2016
    Albany, LA
    I tried the CCI and that did the trick. I was shooting a variety of ammo that I have had for quite some time. Now she is acting like she should and holding great groups. Not to get her to be quiet! LOL Thanks for the help.

What ammo are you shooting? All my 10/22's, factory and built, prefer various kinds of ammo. I shoot CCI standard velocity suppressed just bc its cheap, but my guns tend to prefer RWS and SK Standard Plus. I have a Clark Custom that shoots SK's in about a 1/4" at 5 yards, but throws CCI SV to about 1" at that range. It has a tight chamber, and I will get an occasional FTE. A built Kidd 10/22 shoots just under .75 MOA with good ammo, and about 1-1.5 MOA with the SV. Most of my 22's, ruger or otherwise, despise Winchester ammo when it comes to accuracy, but I've never had a FTE with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom