Question for parents of teenagers and leo'sUPDATED

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    I'm pissed at myself for not protecting him.

As a loving parent trying to completely shelter our kids from the harsh realities of life is our knee jerk reaction but in the end it only makes them vulnerable. The internet is a wonderful educational asset that we didn't have growing up but with the good comes the bad. Be proud and thankful that your son recognized the bad. This is a testament to your excellent parenting skills.
    Mine are now 26 and 28 and doing exceptionally well. When they were 14 to 21 I was a nervous wreck.
    You're not alone.
    Keep doing what you're doing, stay their best friend as well as "dad" and all will be well.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    He is being rewarded with a 10/22 bought from a member here today. I was gonna sit on it but he will get it tomorrow morning after I put glass on it. I'm so proud of him. I'm pissed at myself for not protecting him.
    Good.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I hope it all gets taken care of for you and your son. Remember I've met you and that guy wouldn't want to be around if you went the other way

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    I see you saying you're pissed at yourself for not protecting your kid. From an outside perspective it seems as though you gave you some the gift of being able to use his own judgment to protect himself. Having a kid that can do the right thing even when you're not there speaks greatly to your success as a parent.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    I see you saying you're pissed at yourself for not protecting your kid. From an outside perspective it seems as though you gave you some the gift of being able to use his own judgment to protect himself. Having a kid that can do the right thing even when you're not there speaks greatly to your success as a parent.

Exactly.

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    ^^^^^
    You are doing pretty good so far keep it up DAD!

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    they caught the guy. 71 year old man in holden. Had pics of my son from facebook. Had our old address and my sons cell number. Detective said we would not have to go to court. It's a done deal. Ponchatoula sheriff office is awesome.

outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    That's great!!! From Holden if you can let me know his name when it's ok I know of people out there.

Puma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Cut Off
    good to get this guy off the streets, and possibly away from potential victims. theres a special place in hell for ppl that prey upon children.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom