I found a bullet this morning

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    As someone who sells roofs, you'd be surprised how many of y'all have bullets in your roofs.

Had a neighbor woman pull a .22 slug from her Bouffant hairdo when I was young.

Probably better to hide behind a bouffant hairdo than under the concrete underpass!

I had a client get shot in the shoulder/neck on New Years while on a river cruise on the President some years back...

We dug a .44 wadcutter out of my dad's roof many years back... happens a lot.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    That AquaNet makes some good Helmet Hair.
    Back in the 80s I went to my Uncles in Kenner, the next day he found a slug while cutting grass were my '72 Galxey was parked. I went and checked the car and found a dent in the roof behind the 1/4 window. His slug matched the dent. From then on the Galexy was known as the Tank.

Last edited:

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I just remembered another similar incident.
    One day I walked into the office (this was in mississippi before a came here) and saw a mushroomed bullet on the floor. Now it was nothing for us to go out back and shoot. The guy I worked with often had his .22 mag pistol in the office and bringing rifles and shotguns in was normal.
    Anyway I saw the bullet and was curious but not concerned. Later as I was walking out I saw a dent in the door facing where I found the bullet. Upon closer inspection the bullet fit the dent perfectly. I could tell the trajectory and in the next room over found the hole in the wall.
    Then I got concerned.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    As someone who sells roofs, you'd be surprised how many of y'all have bullets in your roofs.

My neighbor asked me to get on her roof and try and find a leak. This is what I found.
    15298f0dcb03823f378ffb7a65350ec8.jpg
    bbdebe6026f9781c64dbefbcdb0c1e3a.jpg
    ddf41c12dca63234cba4418b092e53aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    When I was a teenager back in the late 70's we were leaning against the back of a new trans-am one New Years when what sounded like a brick hit the front hood of the car. Couldn't imagine what could hit that hard. Sure enough, a big divot in the front hood. Talk about a crime.

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I just remembered another similar incident.
    One day I walked into the office (this was in mississippi before a came here) and saw a mushroomed bullet on the floor. Now it was nothing for us to go out back and shoot. The guy I worked with often had his .22 mag pistol in the office and bringing rifles and shotguns in was normal.
    Anyway I saw the bullet and was curious but not concerned. Later as I was walking out I saw a dent in the door facing where I found the bullet. Upon closer inspection the bullet fit the dent perfectly. I could tell the trajectory and in the next room over found the hole in the wall.
    Then I got concerned.

I always have a pistol on my desk, and not uncommon for me to bring rifles in either. If someone gets a new piece, some of us will bring in others to compare... One of the new guys was telling us that in his old office one guy was messing with a pistol, cleared it, put the mag in, racked it, and "DRY FIRED" into the floor of his second story office! Bullet almost hit the person in the downstairs office, hit the floor, and travelled under the carpet a few feet. I imagine the pucker factor was immense! Complacency kills!

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    I always have a pistol on my desk, and not uncommon for me to bring rifles in either. If someone gets a new piece, some of us will bring in others to compare... One of the new guys was telling us that in his old office one guy was messing with a pistol, cleared it, put the mag in, racked it, and "DRY FIRED" into the floor of his second story office! Bullet almost hit the person in the downstairs office, hit the floor, and travelled under the carpet a few feet. I imagine the pucker factor was immense! Complacency kills!

Y'all hiring? I miss those days. The place where I work now would fire me if the wrong person knew I carried a knife.

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Had a gig years ago as a helicopter mechanic for an EMS operation. Standard procedure in the morning was to inspect the aircraft for damage and walk the helipad looking for falling bullets.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA

People like that shouldn't own firearms, nor procreate. Coulda killed someone. A real genius.

Top Bottom