White Oak Armament

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    Does anybody have experience with WOA?

I am thinking about ordering an A4 Service Rifle Upper to shoot XTC.

I met John at Camp Perry years ago, I only remember shooting with him because he was such a good shooter, however that does not always equate to being a good rifle builder.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Does anybody have experience with WOA?

I am thinking about ordering an A4 Service Rifle Upper to shoot XTC.

I met John at Camp Perry years ago, I only remember shooting with him because he was such a good shooter, however that does not always equate to being a good rifle builder.

Any feedback is appreciated.

WOA is pretty much the service rifle by which all others are judged. There are some others like Compass Lake and Keystone Accuracy but you can't go wrong with WOA.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    WOA is an absolutely great company to do business with from a customer service standpoint too. They understand their market and cater to the shooter. You really don't spend much of a premium to deal with the best either. Look at their Krieger 1.7:7 barrel and upper for XTC. They match and lap the works. I suck at XTC and always have, but at least I am sure it isn't the equipment. John and his crew do good work.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    I appreciate the feedback. There is about a 6 to 8 week wait for a WOA upper. I have Compass Lake match and service rifle uppers to use for the time being.

Hope to to see some of you at the range soon.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Saving my pennies for a second WOA upper.

I can light matches with mine at 100 yards with a 16" barrel.

Stupid accurate they are.

Dirty

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I appreciate the feedback. There is about a 6 to 8 week wait for a WOA upper. I have Compass Lake match and service rifle uppers to use for the time being.

Hope to to see some of you at the range soon.

Try this guy if you can't wait:
    http://www.keystoneaccuracy.com/a2a3a4servicerifles.html

I know the WOA was the same price as a RRA upper at one time and that would be an easy choice.

MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    I placed an order for the WOA Service Rifle upper.

If I reach far enough in the back of the safe, there is a possibility I may find my Fulton Armory NM M1A. That would be fun to shoot a couple of times.

BTW I currently hold a Master Classification XTC. If I cannot make High Master it will be y'all fault for the upper recommendation. It will have nothing to do with my lack of practice or talent. Ha Ha.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    I placed an order for the WOA Service Rifle upper.

If I reach far enough in the back of the safe, there is a possibility I may find my Fulton Armory NM M1A. That would be fun to shoot a couple of times.
    Dang, first world problems, huh.

BTW I currently hold a Master Classification XTC. If I cannot make High Master it will be y'all fault for the upper recommendation. It will have nothing to do with my lack of practice or talent. Ha Ha.

Other excuses could be the load (blame the ammo) and even the unavailability of match grade cosmoline. Target puller can be used after a certain time has elapsed.

If nothing else a WOA should be easier to resell than any other upper. I know if I were buying used WOA would influence my choice.

Best of luck to you.

Last edited:

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Getting into the High Power game 3 years ago I got some advice along the lines of "Get a White Oak upper. The rest is up to you." For once I took good advice and glad I did.

Just keep track of your round count and be aware of your groups opening up. Time for a new barrel when that happens. Just put a new pipe on my WOA upper after 3500 rounds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom