Colt Bringing Back One Of The Serpents!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    They could bring back the Python, but would it be anywhere near the same gun as the classic? Still, it is nice to see Colt back in the DA revolver market and to have an alternate to the S&W guns with their locks.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    A new hand fitted Python made with quality parts would probably be in the Korth revolver price range and too expensive for the average shooter.

killerkarl

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2012
    A new hand fitted Python made with quality parts would probably be in the Korth revolver price range and too expensive for the average shooter.

Would that be the original Korth prices or the prices of the ones now being offered thru Nighthawk Customs?

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I suspect the next model they would release would be a 5 round version of this gun without a hammer, or at least with a shroud. It would also be easy to for them to take this platform and release models with longer barrels, probably a 4", maybe 3" & 6"? But to say they would bring back the Python, well they can't, because it would only be a Python in name. It wouldn't be a real Python, the thing that set that gun apart from even the other Colt models was the degree of hand fitting the master gunsmiths at the factory applied to the gun. Otherwise, it was the same internally as any other Colt of the day. And only the most experienced factory gunsmiths worked on the Pythons. The whole reason they stopped making them was because they were too expensive to build. This new Colt is certainly designed to be mass produced. It would really be a shame to put the name "Python" on a gun like that. Now King Cobra, that is more likely, and it could even look a lot like a Python, but probably won't bear the Python name...at least it shouldn't.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    They could bring back the Python, but would it be anywhere near the same gun as the classic? Still, it is nice to see Colt back in the DA revolver market and to have an alternate to the S&W guns with their locks.
    Yeah, I have a python I bought in the early 90's from a friend, boxed and unfired. I shot it. Real sweet pistol. But if Colt truly started that line up again, I'd look for the cost to be high per gun. A lotta work went into those guns that most people don't know about or appreciate.

DerpMeister

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Zachary
    Op
    I suspect the next model they would release would be a 5 round version of this gun without a hammer, or at least with a shroud. It would also be easy to for them to take this platform and release models with longer barrels, probably a 4", maybe 3" & 6"? But to say they would bring back the Python, well they can't, because it would only be a Python in name. It wouldn't be a real Python, the thing that set that gun apart from even the other Colt models was the degree of hand fitting the master gunsmiths at the factory applied to the gun. Otherwise, it was the same internally as any other Colt of the day. And only the most experienced factory gunsmiths worked on the Pythons. The whole reason they stopped making them was because they were too expensive to build. This new Colt is certainly designed to be mass produced. It would really be a shame to put the name "Python" on a gun like that. Now King Cobra, that is more likely, and it could even look a lot like a Python, but probably won't bear the Python name...at least it shouldn't.

Excellent post, 100% correct. Very impressive, sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom