Bullets for XTC

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeBurke

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2017
    Delcambre, LA
    OK, my first post was a question that was relatively easy to answer and not very controversial.

This following question could have answers with differing opinions.

What is the best bullet or at least the bullet of choice for XTC these days and specifically for the .223?

Once upon a time if you did not shoot Sierra you were a pariah. However a couple of years ago it seems as though I heard somebody say something to the effect of friends do not let friends shoot Sierra bullets. I think he was a Berger fan.

75 grain at 200 and 300? 80 grain at 600? Sierra? Berger?

As always feedback is appreciated.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Sierra is still a good bullet, I still shoot them and they donate billets to our Junior program. They shoot well. I prefer to shoot the Berger 82 at 600 yds due to the slightly higher bc than the Sierra 80. However with the new Sierra tmk bullets that may change.
    Anyway, most people shoot 77's at 2-300, and 80-82's at 600.
    Some people still shoot 69's at short line but you better watch the wind at 300.
    Bullets from Nosler Sierra , Berger and hornady all shoot well but Sierra and Berger support our Junior program , Sierra by donation , and Berger by allowing us to sell any 22 cal match bullet for $20 a box. Nosler also gives us club pricing.
    Get with me later if you want to get with me on the next Berger buy in March.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    ^^^ This is the way to do it. Get in on the group buy if you can. It's a win/win for everybody. While you are calculating, remember that the 80's aren't mag length so you will only be shooting those 600 prone.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom