How long does it take for renewal Driver licence to come in mail?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    So in a pickle here, my licence was due to expire at the end of December. I got the notification in the mail in the beginning of December. And like an idiot i forgot about it ( been real busy) a day before it expired i realized i forgot to renew it so i went online and renewed it paid the fee and such. its now January 7th. and i still do not have it in the mail. And now my licence is expired. i have a AR lower receiver i need to pick up at a dealer, and obviously i cant do this because of my expired licence.

Can i stop at a local Notary for less who does DMV licences and see if i can get my new licence? or am i just **** out of luck until it comes in the mail?

Mail comes at noon today so there is hope it may be here but im not holding my breathe...

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    You may be stuck on the lower, but keep keep copy of your payment confirmation in case you get pulled over or anything else happens. This is why I always go in person to the express dmv in BR

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You need valid ID to pick up ur LR/submit form 4473. I'd take additional ID (like SS card, another photo ID, or utility bill) and give it a try.

Call the dealer and explain it and see what he says. That's like saying someone with suspended driving privileges cannot buy a firearm period, or not licensed to drive altogether. I don't know for sure but it doesn't sound logical to me.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Just hand that license to the FFL like you would a Ins cert to a leo at a check point, with confidence! even tho you havent made a payment in 5 months! :rofl:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I already tried the FFL would not accept a expired ID. It's a federal requirement for the background check. I even tried to see if he would accept my federal LEO credenials and that's a no go. So I'll continue to wait.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    You may be stuck on the lower, but keep keep copy of your payment confirmation in case you get pulled over or anything else happens. This is why I always go in person to the express dmv in BR

I have a badge for that lol . My DL is valid and good since I payed it I checked through the NCIC system on my Leo laptop. So just need the hard copy.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    You need valid ID to pick up ur LR/submit form 4473. I'd take additional ID (like SS card, another photo ID, or utility bill) and give it a try.

Call the dealer and explain it and see what he says. That's like saying someone with suspended driving privileges cannot buy a firearm period, or not licensed to drive altogether. I don't know for sure but it doesn't sound logical to me.
    I would assume if you don't have a DL you need to have a identification non driver ID.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Can i stop at a local Notary for less who does DMV licences and see if i can get my new licence? or am i just **** out of luck until it comes in the mail?
    ABC Title does DL renewals for around $20 bucks plus the DL Fee but I don't know if the old license has to be current or can be expired.

Another potential big issue is it is not a federal ID.

Seems kid of senseless to be able to renew a license but not a license that is as fully functional as the one from the DMV.

Every year before my birthday I start checking if this is the dreaded year to renew.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I have a badge for that lol . My DL is valid and good since I payed it I checked through the NCIC system on my Leo laptop. So just need the hard copy.

You're a dispatcher?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom