How long does it take for renewal Driver licence to come in mail?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Congrats. like someone once said, **** happens. i can call the Special Agent in charge in New Orleans if you want? or you can be real proactive and actually look at the FBI website.

Most agencys also dont solely use NCIC, there is a mixture of NCIC, NLets, and CJIS.

Oh I wasn't going to ask my cousin anything special only if he knew that if he didn't know if his DL was valid he could run his name. He spent about 20 or more years in the Army in CID and retired as a W3 I don't know if he's up on DMV stuff.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    No I'm not real smart. BUT in May I will have my DL for 50 years and I've never let it expire.
    Better man than me. Mine has expired a few times. Once I was going out of town towing to an off-road event and I just so happened to check my license while talking to a buddy, and sure enough I had been expired for 3 months, so I ditched work and got that taken care of before I left town. I won't incriminate myself about brake tags. Let's just say I've been know to whoops and get more than my money's worth a couple times.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    yeah its called C.Y.A i wanted confirmation i was good to go in doing it. Did you not read the last comment, or is your education to low to comprehend what i am telling you? or you're just being a dickhead troll? im thinking the later..

Lemme know if i should break it down Barney style for you.

You are much too sensitive to carry a gun. I've never once said you were wrong or right. I did not see post #35 when I asked my question.

I didn't know if being a Federal LEO only includes FBI or some other agency also "it was just a simple question that you took the wrong way".

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    You are much too sensitive to carry a gun. I've never once said you were wrong or right. I did not see post #35 when I asked my question.

I didn't know if being a Federal LEO only includes FBI or some other agency also "it was just a simple question that you took the wrong way".
    Well given your snarky ass remarks to me not only in this thread , but others. im assuming you're being a troll. and have some issue with me? i get it you and some others here are buddy buddy with VG and want to gang up and troll me thats cool. come out Saturday and do it face to face , im up for it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Well given your snarky ass remarks to me not only in this thread , but others. im assuming you're being a troll. and have some issue with me? i get it you and some others here are buddy buddy with VG and want to gang up and troll me thats cool. come out Saturday and do it face to face , im up for it.

1st of all I have no issue with you at all I'm joking around having fun and trying to learn at the same time.

2nd I'm not buddy buddy with VG. I've taking a couple classes from him and have the upmost respect for him. I think you will have different feelings about VG once you shoot with him.

I'm boat shopping this weekend but I'm down to shoot with you anytime I'm free.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    1st of all I have no issue with you at all I'm joking around having fun and trying to learn at the same time.

2nd I'm not buddy buddy with VG. I've taking a couple classes from him and have the upmost respect for him. I think you will have different feelings about VG once you shoot with him.

I'm boat shopping this weekend but I'm down to shoot with you anytime I'm free.
    Well my apologies then, its hard to sense if you are being an ******* troll in some of you're posts, or joking. No worries. anytime you want to shoot im down. Either at Villerie or MCTA in MS.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely you wouldn't be advising a fellow LEO to delete evidence in the event he had committed a crime. Would you? Seems kind of outlaw-ish to me.;)[/QUOTE]

Remember how some time ago I told y'all that certain LEOs weed themselves out? I could care less if he looks up anybody as I was just trying to help him. Apparently he takes offense to everything and can do anything because he's a fed LEO. Kind of like he said he had a badge to take care of that, most real street cops wouldn't say anything like that because they don't think that way. If I had to guess I'd say he pulls security at federal court houses etc the majority of his career. If I'm wrong I apologize in advance.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I have a badge for that lol . My DL is valid and good since I payed it I checked through the NCIC system on my Leo laptop. So just need the hard copy.

This would be the comment I'm referring to by the way

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    This would be the comment I'm referring to by the way

its called a joke. likeeverything else is in this thread. Ive only been pulled over off duty once. and never had to use my badge. Its also a unwritten rule to let other brothers in blue go with a warning. ive done it many times on traffic stops of other LEO's. and when i was pulled over i let the officer know i was off duty and was carrying concealed on my right hip. and he told me "CYA have a good day brother."

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Surely you wouldn't be advising a fellow LEO to delete evidence in the event he had committed a crime. Would you? Seems kind of outlaw-ish to me.;)

Remember how some time ago I told y'all that certain LEOs weed themselves out? I could care less if he looks up anybody as I was just trying to help him. Apparently he takes offense to everything and can do anything because he's a fed LEO. Kind of like he said he had a badge to take care of that, most real street cops wouldn't say anything like that because they don't think that way. If I had to guess I'd say he pulls security at federal court houses etc the majority of his career. If I'm wrong I apologize in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Also were is the 18 USC code MOTO, or are you pulling your internet lawyer line with me? Agency policy is not law.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    its called a joke. likeeverything else is in this thread. Ive only been pulled over off duty once. and never had to use my badge. Its also a unwritten rule to let other brothers in blue go with a warning. ive done it many times on traffic stops of other LEO's. and when i was pulled over i let the officer know i was off duty and was carrying concealed on my right hip. and he told me "CYA have a good day brother."

One more question if you care to answer and I'm done. How long have you been a LEO?

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    feel free to stop by Saturday Moto, ill let you touch my fancy badge if you want :) you can even turn on the blue lights of my car for giggles.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question if you care to answer and I'm done. How long have you been a LEO?

Federal side , 5 years other LEO work 10.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

So where you trying to get someone you think is a security guard in trouble for looking up his own person information or are tying to help him cover up his alleged illegal activities? I'm confused.:ohreally:

Man this place entertains me. :D

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

When the drunk LEO ran over my girlfriend LSP booked him for DWI and running the stop sign. The DA let him off but the Trooper did his job. The drunk told the Trooper "you ruined my career" Trooper said "No you did, I'm doing my job".
    That was 2004 and as of the time he was arrested in Port Vincent a year so ago he was still working. Went from Corporal to Lt.
    Just posting to let you know they don't always let you go.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    feel free to stop by Saturday Moto, ill let you touch my fancy badge if you want :) you can even turn on the blue lights of my car for giggles.

- - - Updated - - -

Federal side , 5 years other LEO work 10.

Gotcha, and although I appreciate the offer the last thing I want to see when I'm off is a badge and a police car

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    When the drunk LEO ran over my girlfriend LSP booked him for DWI and running the stop sign. The DA let him off but the Trooper did his job. The drunk told the Trooper "you ruined my career" Trooper said "No you did, I'm doing my job".
    That was 2004 and as of the time he was arrested in Port Vincent a year so ago he was still working. Went from Corporal to Lt.
    Just posting to let you know they don't always let you go.
    Obviously there is a huge Difference between letting a fellow LEO off for a minor traffic violation(speeding, stops sign, no signal etc.), compared to a FELONY vehicle assault , and FELONY DUI. i mean common Charlie? really? no one is going to let somone off after doing that type of crime.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Obviously there is a huge Difference between letting a fellow LEO off for a minor traffic violation(speeding, stops sign, no signal etc.), compared to a FELONY vehicle assault , and FELONY DUI. i mean common Charlie? really? no one is going to let somone off after doing that type of crime.

The DA will in the right parish. And I know what you mean

JoeLiberty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    United States
    I have a badge for that lol . My DL is valid and good since I payed it I checked through the NCIC system on my Leo laptop. So just need the hard copy.

And he still didn't give you the gun??
    Reminds me of the one about the DEA agent and the old farmer...
    A DEA officer stopped at a ranch in Texas , and talked with an old rancher.
    He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs."
    The rancher said, "Okay , but don't go in that field over there.", as he pointed out the location.
    The DEA officer verbally exploded saying, " Mister, I have the authority of the Federal Government with me !" Reaching into his rear pants pocket, he removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. "See this badge?! This badge means I am allowed to go wherever I wish.... On any land! No questions asked! Do you understand ?!!" The rancher nodded politely, apologized, and went about his chores. A short time later, the old rancher heard loud screams, looked up, and saw the DEA officer running for his life, being chased by the rancher's big Santa Gertrudis bull...... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it seemed likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The rancher threw down his tools, ran to the fence and yelled at the top of his lungs..... "Your badge, show him your f***ing BADGE!!"

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    And he still didn't give you the gun??
    Reminds me of the one about the DEA agent and the old farmer...
    LOL.

No for the Federal BC you need a current up to date D/L or ID card. Badges do not count , i didnt even ask as i figured as much. Their Hands are tied on Federal regulations reguarding the transfer forms.

I ened up getting my D/L in the mail last monday so it worked out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom