How long does it take for renewal Driver licence to come in mail?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Ok thanks I thought they stopped letting LEO's play on the Dept. computers a long time ago. We used to have fun running plates like when the old tv show Dallas was on with all the Ewing plates

Yea they did. It's illegal. But he probably meant something else entirely.

NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    I thought that is what the receipt at the end says online. Print this receipt to use as proof your License is current as the update may not occur for 24 hours. So, from how I read it after 24 hours it is current in the system.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    called my dispatch to make sure my DL was still valid , said it s no problem. Running D/L's for other than reasonable means just to run them is not.

You need to go edit post #9 then. You said you checked it on YOUR LEO laptop in NCIC

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'm pretty sure you can not even run yourself through databases. You might want to get an official opinion and delete where appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    I'm pretty sure you can not even run yourself through databases. You might want to get an official opinion and delete where appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Surely you wouldn't be advising a fellow LEO to delete evidence in the event he had committed a crime. Would you? Seems kind of outlaw-ish to me.;)

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    i see we have all the resident experts in house today. none of which any of you are on the Federal side. bit different over here. i can even run myself through the DMV, which is what i did. and perfectly legal.

First you said you ran yourself in NCIC now you saying you ran yourself in DMV. What color are the trees where you are?

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    First you said you ran yourself in NCIC now you saying you ran yourself in DMV. What color are the trees where you are?
    apparently you dont know what the NCIC holds data on. not just criminal records, but also DMV records such as your Licence plate number and D/L information. at-least our does.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

What agency policy is and what is illegal are 2 different things. Show me the 18 USC code on running my own D/L number for inquiry?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    i see we have all the resident experts in house today. none of which any of you are on the Federal side. bit different over here. i can even run myself through the DMV, which is what i did. and perfectly legal.

NCIC or DMV? You know the Federal side so well but went to dispatch for approval?

Do you work for FBI?

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    apparently you dont know what the NCIC holds data on. not just criminal records, but also DMV records such as your Licence plate number and D/L information. at-least our does.

No I'm not real smart. BUT in May I will have my DL for 50 years and I've never let it expire. I know to look at the date on it.
    My cousin works for the FBI in DC I'll have to ask him if he knows all that fancy Federal stuff.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    NCIC or DMV? You know the Federal side so well but went to dispatch for approval?

Do you work for FBI?
    yeah its called C.Y.A i wanted confirmation i was good to go in doing it. Did you not read the last comment, or is your education to low to comprehend what i am telling you? or you're just being a dickhead troll? im thinking the later..

Lemme know if i should break it down Barney style for you.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    No I'm not real smart. BUT in May I will have my DL for 50 years and I've never let it expire. I know to look at the date on it.
    My cousin works for the FBI in DC I'll have to ask him if he knows all that fancy Federal stuff.
    Congrats. like someone once said, **** happens. i can call the Special Agent in charge in New Orleans if you want? or you can be real proactive and actually look at the FBI website.

Most agencys also dont solely use NCIC, there is a mixture of NCIC, NLets, and CJIS.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom