Sharpening services.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Molonlabe40

papershredder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2014
    Westwego, LA
    Long time no see y'all. Quick inquiry, my wife is a mobile dog groomer and keeps having issues getting her blades and scissors sharpened, that being said, anybody know anyone who does this type of service locally and is a master at their craft? From my understanding it's a different process from knives sharpening and we are looking for someone who is a professional. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Molonlabe40

papershredder
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2014
    Westwego, LA
    Long time no see y'all. Quick inquiry, my wife is a mobile dog groomer and keeps having issues getting her blades and scissors sharpened, that being said, anybody know anyone who does this type of service locally and is a master at their craft? From my understanding it's a different process from knive sharpening and we are looking for someone who is a professional. Thanks in advance!

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I asked my barber about where they get their straight razors reground and sharpened. He told me there was a health law of some kind that prohibited it. They can only use disposables now. Don't know about shears and clippers though.

SwampKat

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Laplace, LA
    Hair shears are a completely different animal than regular scissors, knives and razors. You have an 800mm convex edge to maintain along with flat and concave grinds.

Without a doubt find a professional to take it to, not work ruining a $600+ shears.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    A few weeks ago while getting my hair cut, the girl told me that she was really excited because the guy who sharpens their scissors had come and they were really sharp. The guy charges like 150 per pair I think. I second what was said above, call a few hair salons and you should be good to go.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Interesting. Any idea on turnaround time? I've got a handful of dull pocketknives that are too nice for me to sharpen myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don't know about the turnaround time. I do know when I got my GRIPTILIAN back I didn't want to use it the edge was so pretty. It looked like a mirror.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Interesting. Any idea on turnaround time? I've got a handful of dull pocketknives that are too nice for me to sharpen myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Check the knife manufacturer's website. I know Kershaw offers free sharpening on their knives. Just have to pay shipping to get them there. I can easily fit 6 in a priority mail box.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.*

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    There is a guy I've seen at the Mandeville gun shows that has custom knives and blade blanks for sale, he also offers sharpening for a couple bucks. I looked for his card and didn't find it. From memory, seems like he might be from Slidell?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    Bringing this back, this morning in traffic I saw an ad on a truck for Gilbert Hair Centre on Florida Blvd in Baton Rouge that said shear and clipper sharpening service. Just figured I'd pass the info along.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom