Kydex holster for G19

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Having problems with my love handles pressing in on the leather portion of my holster and pressing the brightness adjustment on my RMR (to the dimmest setting)
    Considering a non-hybrid kydex holster for my rig....but having trouble finding one like the one in the pic from Botech...that has a similar footprint (bigger) like my Aliengear...and not a skinny AIWB.
    Any thoughts?
    f04e3c7ebfe38c134a2c8c1ca3b4b553.jpg
    e57d2067df23f422bd016816f2ebe3aa.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have an Incog that works for this set up and occasionally use it for AIWB, but it is pretty uncomfortable and def not doable (for me) at the 7:30 position).

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    I carried an M&P9c for the last 6 years exclusively in a hybrid Comp-Tac M-tac/Minotaur whatever they call it nowadays. Monday I bought another 9c from a member here that included some holsters for it in the deal. One was a full kydex IWB strong side right single clip. I always assumed that a full kydex IWB could never be more comfortable than a leather backed hybrid. You don't know till you try, so curiosity had me try it out Wednesday, and 2 full days from 6am to 5pm in my usual office environment of sitting for hours, standing, running to the printer, driving to meetings etc. and I can say I wish I tried the style sooner. I'm not sure if it's more comfortable exactly, but with the bulk of the leather backing not there I feel more mobile, smaller footprint has changed the belt hole I had to use to cinch everything down. I honestly wish I would have tried a full kydex sooner. I don't know if I will go back to hybrid, but at this point I will say probably not. going from leather to kydex against body, honestly doesn't feel any different for me anyway.

Now, here comes the infomercial portion of the post, and I can assure you I am in no way affiliated, or have anything to gain from this, as I haven't even contacted him since the transaction, but definitely will be for some holsters. The member I bought the gun from told me that he actually made the holsters included. With everything said above, He is a local guy, on the forum, and from my transaction was a super nice guy. Again not trying to advertise as I have nothing to gain, just wanted to offer my opinion from someone who just switched from a hybrid to full kydex. I am 215lbs(edit:p post holidays...225lbs), wide shouldered, and between 5'10ish-6' depending on which gas station I'm walking out of just for body reference.

I'd say it's worth a shot to contact this member and see what he has to offer being you have a unique setup and need for your configuration.
    https://www.facebook.com/silkcustomkydex/
    Forum username: Jasarii

That's my 2 cents, though it may not actually be worth that that much.

Last edited:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I carried an M&P9c for the last 6 years exclusively in a hybrid Comp-Tac M-tac/Minotaur whatever they call it nowadays. Monday I bought another 9c from a member here that included some holsters for it in the deal. One was a full kydex IWB strong side right single clip. I always assumed that a full kydex IWB could never be more comfortable than a leather backed hybrid. You don't know till you try, so curiosity had me try it out Wednesday, and 2 full days from 6am to 5pm in my usual office environment of sitting for hours, standing, running to the printer, driving to meetings etc. and I can say I wish I tried the style sooner. I'm not sure if it's more comfortable exactly, but with the bulk of the leather backing not there I feel more mobile, smaller footprint has changed the belt hole I had to use to cinch everything down. I honestly wish I would have tried a full kydex sooner. I don't know if I will go back to hybrid, but at this point I will say probably not. going from leather to kydex against body, honestly doesn't feel any different for me anyway.

Now, here comes the infomercial portion of the post, and I can assure you I am in no way affiliated, or have anything to gain from this, as I haven't even contacted him since the transaction, but definitely will be for some holsters. The member I bought the gun from told me that he actually made the holsters included. With everything said above, He is a local guy, on the forum, and from my transaction was a super nice guy. Again not trying to advertise as I have nothing to gain, just wanted to offer my opinion from someone who just switched from a hybrid to full kydex. I am 215lbs(edit:p post holidays...225lbs), wide shouldered, and between 5'10ish-6' depending on which gas station I'm walking out of just for body reference.

I'd say it's worth a shot to contact this member and see what he has to offer being you have a unique setup and need for your configuration.

Thanks for all the goods info...especially someone wit very similar (work and body) situations.

I'll check him out, but impatiently already order a Hitchhiker and IWB from T5 customs...

May still check Silk out, but gonna give the T5 stuff a try first...

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Thanks for all the goods info...especially someone wit very similar (work and body) situations.

I'll check him out, but impatiently already order a Hitchhiker and IWB from T5 customs...

May still check Silk out, but gonna give the T5 stuff a try first...

That T5 Hitchhiker looks pretty cool I may order one also.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Good post. I have numerous ones from silkcustom and they are all great. He's my go to guy for holsters, which reminds me I need to contact him about an OWB one

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans

Not sure how much he charges. But his holsters look to be of the same pattern as many other holster stores lately.

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/...oducts/glock-192332-holster?variant=947246503

silk and concealment express look almost identical. and concealment express is currently 35 bucks a holster. I've tried them and they are comfortable but my comptac infidel rides lower.

My go to holster is the comptac CTAC.

x1eric

UNSC Spartan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    Denham Springs, LA
    Not sure how much he charges. But his holsters look to be of the same pattern as many other holster stores lately.

https://www.concealmentexpress.com/...oducts/glock-192332-holster?variant=947246503

silk and concealment express look almost identical. and concealment express is currently 35 bucks a holster. I've tried them and they are comfortable but my comptac infidel rides lower.

My go to holster is the comptac CTAC.

Yep, nail on the head. On the MTAC I did have it set to ride lower. This was a Silk holster included in a deal so I gave it a shot, and found I do like it better, and it is surprisingly more comfortable than the MTAC for me anyways. I have gotten with him, and will be getting a duplicate with the clip a little higher so it rides lower.

Holsters are like cars, everyone has their own preferences. I personally, have no idea how people do appendix, but have friends that swear by it. Same thing with pocket carry, it's like some magical voodoo that I just can't get to work for me.

I also think we've hit the point of design saturation on holsters just like movies, everything is just a rehash of an existing idea. Used to be everything was leather, then the kydex's invaded, Hybrids were somewhere in the mix, and nylons that close when you draw have always been crap. Like the wheel, I'm not really sure where it could evolve from here.

Toddn84

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2015
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I just picked up a aiwb holster from silks the other day and so far I love it. High quality and made it for me while I waited. Really nice guy too and local

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    toddmtnbkr,
    Where is the holster located and do you have to draw your spare magazine with your dominant hand which will be holding the pistol?

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Todd is left handed. So that mag actually angled towards his non dominant side

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I have a mag holster from silk and love made it while I waited, need to get with him for one for my Bersa. also believe in supporting local guys/girls with their business's as long they do great work and Silk (Jasarii) is the one I will go to first
    Wingate

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a mag holster from silk and love made it while I waited, need to get with him for one for my Bersa. also believe in supporting local guys/girls with their business's as long they do great work and Silk (Jasarii) is the one I will go to first
    Wingate

Agree!
    I’ve used Silk in the past and I’m sure I’ll go back.
    Unfortunately he doesn’t make holsters like the TRex sidecar with mag caddy attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom