What gun/rifle or any firearm you regret getting rid of the most?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I'm just reminiscing on some of the nice or cool stuff that I sold or traded over the years so I've figured I make a thread and see what others have regret getting rid of the most..

Name the 1 firearm ( up to 3 firearms)that you wish you've never got rid of..
    For me it was

1.DSA RPD its probably one of the cheapest 7.62x39 beltfed rifle on the market..i paid $2000 for it 3 years ago and ended up selling it for $1600 after a year because I needed the money..now days the RPD is going for around $2500 the cheapest..

2.SKS D sporter that comes from the factory accepting AK47 mags.it was rare and not the run of the mill sks..also brought 3 years ago in damn near new condition and paid $300 for it from a pawnshop and resold it for i think $700

3.FN 5.7 brought it 2 months ago from a guy at a pawn shop for a cheap $700.i happen to be at the right place at the right time . previous owner was trying to sell it to the pawnshop while I was there looking for a 45/70 rifle and the pawnshop offered him only $400..i he refused so I asked him what's the lowest hell sell for amd he said $800.At the time I only had $700 so he agreed..ended up getting a $1200 offer for it so I sold it so I can buy something else..

So anyways let's here it,what about you guys?

Last edited:

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    back in the day when Wal-mart was getting out of the handgun business I bought a Colt 1911 MKIV in 9mm, later traded it for a generic AR, I kick myself..

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Glock 19 gen 3.
    Yes, they are everywhere but I remember turning 21, saving up money & working my butt off to purchase it.
    Fast forward to may years later, I own a few glocks now but it's always something about your first........:(

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I reached a point where I couldn't justify collecting AKs anymore and dumped them, still regret it often, especially now that replacing them will cost double.

The ones I regret most:

4a5b0664930fa327c5bce6845cd6d047.jpg

97bd389c0ce3858e5fdac1ca4d14bfe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PECEMKR

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    NOLA
    Medusa i sold for 8oo with a case of ammo ... Was going to buy another one the next week ,,, i paid 450 with a case of ammo ,, , colt python i bought for 550 and sold for 880

bryanbag

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Prairieville, LA
    I can't say I regret getting rid of any of my firearms, it came to a point that I need some fast cash. Weather i need to pay some bills or even by dinner for the next couple days till i got paid.
    If I had to pick my most missed would be my Springfield 1911 Loaded. It was a retired rental gun at Shooter Club when it was on David Dr. Sold it back to Shooters Club when they open the range on Hickory and it became a rental again. I think they retired it again and sold it.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    My first .22, a Remington 556 Speedmaster. Also, my first M1 Carbine. Both I needed money at the time. I will never sell another gun, unless I'm just not happy with it.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I've never sold a gun. Don't buy many, but I hang on to them. (Although I have a Kriss Vector I'd love to sell)

Now I had some stolen. Of them I wish I had the Browning 20ga. over under my dad bought for me when I was about 14. Planned on passing that down to my son.

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    STI Trojan 9mm. It refused to run on Winchester white box ammo, and that's all I buy. I should have just fixed it, they sell for $400+ what I paid and traded it for

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    A mint 6" blue Colt Python. Sold it right before their value exploded. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I owned a couple of them. Sold em 15 years ago :( Wish I had never sold any Colt handgun I owned. Colt Pythons are simply the finest example of the modern revolver, period. Silky smooth action and that deep Colt blued finish. Nobody did a revolver better imo.

Top Bottom