What gun/rifle or any firearm you regret getting rid of the most?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    A Colt Single Action Army. Purchased new in the box for $475.00 at, of all places a local TG&Y. I kept it a few years but, with young kids and a shoestring budget, couldn't justify keeping it. I sold it for $600.00 and thought I made out alright. Today they go for around $1,500.00 ... when you find one. Would love to find another reasonably priced.

Also had a S&W Model 15, bought for the princely sum of $75.00 years ago. It was in like new condition and an extremely accurate shooter. Beautiful gun that I wish I hadn't gotten rid of. However I eventually stumbled upon a NIB S&W Model 19 that I'm equally happy with.

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I reached a point where I couldn't justify collecting AKs anymore and dumped them, still regret it often, especially now that replacing them will cost double.

The ones I regret most:

4a5b0664930fa327c5bce6845cd6d047.jpg

97bd389c0ce3858e5fdac1ca4d14bfe6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ... I'm a little teared up just looking at those pics .

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    For me it was a Beretta M 96 compact L. All Inox, no blued or black controls. I searched for years to find it, had to sell it to pay bills and still to this day it's the only one like it I've ever seen.

Also a Target Grey Ruger GP100 with the rubber and wood combo grips.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I would love to get my dads 1911 back that was taken. Remember him Bagging his lunch for quite awhile to buy it.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Back in the day I got rid of a Norinco SKS because it was ammo redundant with my MAK-90, and the detachable mags with those big front pieces really annoyed me. It wasn't anything super special, but I've come to regret selling it as I've grown older and more politically observant.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Browning BAR safari 2 7mm R.E.M. Mag Took a bunch of deer with rifle

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    East German Sig 226 when I was in college (long time ago) and a Galil in .308 when I got my H&K rifles built.
    I was hard up for money when I sold the Sig, but really had no good reason for selling that Galil. Had a lotta stuff with it too. (Sniff)

tallguy606

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Houma LA
    In the 70s after college I bought a dead mint Winchester 9422M lever action in Colorado for $100. Loaned it to a guy one winter who head-shot deer to eat all winter. Then moved to Mississippi and decided .22 Mag was too loud and expensive. Sold it to a young guy for the same $100, he grabbed it quick. Now they are pushing $800 for mint specimens.

gcab985

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Raceland, LA
    In the early 1950s when I was 12 or 13, I had a German WWII rifle (A K98 Mauser) that one of my uncles had given me. I kept it in my closet at home in Houma, LA. I asked my grandfather if we could get some ammunition and find someplace to shoot it. He told me that ammunition was not available for rifle.
    Well, at that time, not being able to shoot it disappointed me. I had an opportunity to trade it for a Benjamin Pump BB air rifle and my grandfather told me I could trade it if I wanted. I did.
    In recent years, I have tried to remember the name of the kid I made the trade with so that I could contact him to see if he still had the rifle. However I cannot recall his name.
    Now, there is no way that I will ever sell or trade any firearm that I have purchased or has been given to me. They are all special regardless of make, model, or condition. I hope to pass them on to a family member who will enjoy them and will preserve and protect them.
    I do have a very nice 8mm Mauser but it is not a K98.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom