What gun are you most glad to own?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    got me thinking im prob gonna pull my add, i love them fals

My G1 FAL is at the top along with some others.

attachment.php

Al

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Two handguns that belonged to my dad, a Virginian Arms Dragoon .44Mag single action, and a Ruger MkII Target .22, and a Springfield M1 Garand that my bonus grandfather spruced up and gave to me. Also, when we transitioned back to 9mm at work last year, we were given the option to purchase our outgoing .45, so I own the Glock 21 that I carried for several years on duty, may get a badge engraved on it, or a mini attached to or embedded in the grip somewhere.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Other than firearms passed down to me with immeasurable sentimental value, hands down my M1 Garand.
    fb3f0eec6c50a031edff481e09e71ae5.jpg

47d244f8d891f020ce6573da909ed2d2.jpg

1aa15d537e83f31d3560fe4fcc87481e.jpg

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Kripees!!! What a beauty. Is that a refurb or a new Springfield Armory? I have, and love, a Garand too. Mine's a Dane purchased through the CMP. It has a Winchester receiver and bolt. Not as pretty as yours.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It's a HRA CMP Special grade. I picked it up at the CMP South Store in Anniston a few years ago.
    Well worth the drive.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Slalom.45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    My .22 Colt Diamondback. First it was a gift from my dad way back when. Second, it's a valuable gun. Lastly, the action is soooo smooth!

My daughter and I were out shooting today and broke it out. She loves it and has already spoken for it when it's time for me to pass it down. I would really like to buy a 4" .38 Special version to go with it one day.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    My Jungle Carbine. Lots of history there... and it saved me a lot of misery one night on I10 many years ago.

Just for pure shootability I'd go with my 1911.

Just don't ask about deals I passed on that I'm regretting! (a $150 M1 carbine comes to mind, though I really wish I'd have picked up a case of SKS's when they were $99...)

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    My CZ-75 SP-01 is my favorite gun I currently own. I am looking for some others to include in the future with a little more history or interest.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Mine do not have much sentimental value, my G19 is really growing on me though.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    A three screw Ruger Blackhawk , 357 magnum , bought new in 1970. I had just turned 21 and could legally purchase a handgun , it was my first real center fire hand gun.
    I enjoyed it until 1995 , then it was stolen....I missed than gun more than than any other that I've ever owned, I would think about it often.

In 2015 I get a phone call , after 20 years it turns up in a pawn shop in Kingsman , Arizona. Someone tried to pawn it but the pawn shop ran the number and the serial number showed it was stolen. The Arizona police were called , they took the gun because it was "stolen" , the guy trying to pawn it claimed he "bought it and didn't know it was stolen " . Arizona police sent it back to Baton Rouge and the detective returned it to me. Get this, he was the same officer that worked the initial stolen gun case....his name was on the original report and he even remembered talking to me 20 years ago !
    Even better, the gun was still in excellent shape , no damage , no rust, no wear !
    I went to the shooting range and it was still sighted in for my eyes !

I was so glad to have my first back , sometimes I just take it out and hold it.
    Wish I had a camera , I would love to post a photo of it .

Gary

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    gwpercle, that's an amazing story. I'm very glad it had a happy ending for you. My first Colt New Frontier .22 was also stolen. When I tried to report it, the local authorities couldn't care less and weren't interested in taking down the information.

Top Bottom