3 gun beginner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drop1

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 10, 2013
    Baton Rouge
    I've been wanting to get into 3 gun for quite some time.
    I've found a few competitions on the web and here on the site.
    Do we have a local Club near baton rouge?
    Do we have ranges to practice shooting steel with various types of weapons.

Seems like the hardest part is actually just finding somewhere to practice shoot. I use a couple of the local ranges but they are so restrictive.
    Where do you guys practice? Do you limit yourselves to just normal ranges and shoot the courses available during the actual comps or are there places to practice this type of shooting in in the area?

Also instead of making another thread are there any carbine courses available any time in the near future locally?

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    You can look at "Lagator,org" that will give you dates and times for most of the matches in the area. We have not had a good, continuous multi gun match local to BR for some time. We have been able to hold some at the EAPS club but it is not monthly. We are working on other locations but it is a slow process. That's the not so good news.
    The better news is you can shoot USPSA matches several times a month and all within a hours drive of BR. There are three local clubs shooting monthly matches in the area and a few with in a couple of hours of the city.
    Send me a PM with some contact info and I can send you more info.

Beauxdog

D-Ray86

Tiger Eyed Bandit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 1, 2010
    Goodbee, LA
    Biloxi Practical Shooting Association holds a monthly match. That's the closest you will find. 2nd Saturday of each month.

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Because of what Beauxdog said above, I typically go to Biloxi for the 3-Gun matches there. They put on a good match. Poplarville has a 3-Gun match also, it's a much longer course I wouldn't do it as a first timer. There's another 3-Gun match in Jackson put on by Magnolia Gun Club, but I have not made it to one of those yet. But I have heard good things.

Best way to practice for 3-Gun is to shoot 3-Gun Matches. Unless you have your own private range with lots of equipment.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Biloxi Practical Shooting Association holds a monthly match. That's the closest you will find. 2nd Saturday of each month.

3rd Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gautreaux
    Top Bottom