UTG?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I started ordering parts to assemble a ar lower I have. I was looking for a stock that I liked and I came across this UTG Pro Model4 S3 stock with a buffer kit for 50 bucks... I've never used UTG. Any opinions on them from people who have used their products?

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    I started ordering parts to assemble a ar lower I have. I was looking for a stock that I liked and I came across this UTG Pro Model4 S3 stock with a buffer kit for 50 bucks... I've never used UTG. Any opinions on them from people who have used their products?

I've used some parts... BUIS, risers, etc... they're not the greatest quality... but then again I'm sure this isn't a service weapon or a primary rig being used in Afghanistan... so I'd say go for it.

If they were unsafe they wouldn't be on the market.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I have used a few of them. They are OK. I would maybe save up a little more cash, but for just a stock, should be good to go.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Most of what they make is garbage. I would look at Palmetto State Armory and DSG, they usually have sales on stock kits. You should be able to get a Magpul stock with quality buffer tube setup for about the same price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FORman

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Lafayette LA
    I've used three of their A2 fixed stock/buffer tube kits, one of their gas blocks, and some accessories and never had any problems.

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I have several UTG parts. replaced my standard fore grip panels with a UTG quad rail, and also have a A2 style carry handle and rear sight by UTG. Some other miscellaneous here and there parts.

No issues. I like them, would certainly buy again if I needed/wanted something.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    The old "UTG" parts/items where originally a Air Soft type items. Years ago, the "UTG Pro" line came out. The "pro" line is made in the USA and supposed to be made of a much higher quality for actual firearms. I can not speak for all the "pro" line items, but the UTG Pro 13" handguard I have on a budget build from years ago has been outstanding. 6061-T6 Aluminum and a steel barrel nut. Has been solid for $100.
    On the flip side, I also like my Noveske NSR hand guard I paid $200+ for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have purchased a couple UTG iron sights on amazon. Low cost and they work fine. Sure you can pay twice as much for better overall execution or machining. I also have Troy and DD sights but for the price, UTG is hard to beat.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom