Some fun at the range.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I should have walked away from this forever ago. Be safe.
    Probably the best decision you've made in two days.

Also Sergeant Major Said The Reserve Deputies booked Range 2 for Saturday at 10am. and here i thought you were a full time big wig in the Sheriffs department.

Be safe as well Brother :)

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Probably the best decision you've made in two days.

Also Sergeant Major Said The Reserve Deputies booked Range 2 for Saturday at 10am. and here i thought you were a full time big wig in the Sheriffs department.

Be safe as well Brother :)

Nah man I'm a total fraud. It's why I didn't get an invite to watch a parking lot during the super bowl. The best part about this whole thread is that even though you've acknowledged you were talking out your ass, and followed it up with more talking out your ass, you are still talking out of your ass.

Puma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Cut Off
    who feels better about our federal government after reading this thread???? my guess is no one. too many falsehoods to accurately try and bunk them all, but i guess the good part about that is that they are coming from one individual instead of multiple. talking in the types of ambiguities listed by the OP just hurts the gun community, people like this spread this type of mis information like the plague. i will tell you one thing though, after talking to real people that have done real things, not just patrols outside of the wire, you really dont know the person that you have been attacking. Good luck at the Super Bowl, ill be in a suite.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    who feels better about our federal government after reading this thread???? my guess is no one. too many falsehoods to accurately try and bunk them all, but i guess the good part about that is that they are coming from one individual instead of multiple. talking in the types of ambiguities listed by the OP just hurts the gun community, people like this spread this type of mis information like the plague. i will tell you one thing though, after talking to real people that have done real things, not just patrols outside of the wire, you really dont know the person that you have been attacking. Good luck at the Super Bowl, ill be in a suite.
    What false hoods? please explain. information i posted in this website is backed up by documentation on the internet. Its a proven fact SBR's are as accurate as Long BBL's Long BBL have more velocity and are generally used for longer range engagements. as shorter BBLs will tend to drop velocity at distance but not by much. and retaining accuracy due to more rigid barrels. and other factors.

Measuring Target size, again what i posted is one of the most common ways to measure a group size. I mixed up MOA and group size. again admitted my mistake. and owned it.

I was instructed by one of the top 100 Shooters in the country in FI school. U.S Army sniper instructor , as well as a former Command Sergeant Major in the U.S Rangers. Do i consider myself an expert? Nope never said so.

I was not the one coming to my thread and pissing all over it with arrogance. VG came here with intent to Be an arrogant *******. and wipe his ego around like he is somebody. I wont stand for any of that. Posting a fun range day shoot seemed to triggers the sensitive hardcore armchair snipers here.

I should also mention i received over a dozen Private messages from people agreeing with me on VG , and him being an arrogant prick. seems he is not very liked around here.

He can attempt to discredit me all he wants, like i told him privately a lot of people in the Federal community know me, know what i am and what i do, and my abilities all the way up to Washington D.C.

So trying to prove myself to random people on a random LA shooting website really is not a priority in my life.

Also Puma, VG attacked my service in the army, directly Attacked the job i did in the military , blindly not know what ive done , or friends i lost first hand. to me thats cowardly.

Last edited:

Puma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Cut Off
    What false hoods? please explain. information i posted in this website is backed up by documentation on the internet. Its a proven fact SBR's are as accurate as Long BBL's Long BBL have more velocity and are generally used for longer range engagements. as shorter BBLs will tend to drop velocity at distance but not by much. and retaining accuracy due to more rigid barrels.

Measuring Target size, again what i posted is one of the most common ways to measure a group size. I mixed up MOA and group size. again admitted my mistake. and owned it.

I was instructed by one of the top 100 Shooters in the country in FI school. U.S Army sniper instructor , as well as a former Command Sergeant Major in the U.S Rangers. Do i consider myself an expert? Nope never said so.

I was not the one coming to my thread and pissing all over it with arrogance. VG came here with intent to Be an arrogant *******. and wipe his ego around like he is somebody. I wont stand for any of that. Posting a fun range day shoot seemed to triggers the sensitive hardcore armchair snipers here.

I should also mention i received over a dozen Private messages from people agreeing with me on VG , and him being an arrogant prick. seems he is not very liked around here.

He can attempt to discredit me all he wants, like i told him privately a lot of people in the Federal community know me, know what i am and what i do, and my abilities all the way up to Washington D.C.

So trying to prove myself to random people on a random LA shooting website really is not a priority in my life.

Also Puma, VG attacked my service in the army, directly Attacked the job i did in the military , blindly not know what ive done , or friends i lost first hand. to me thats cowardly.

First of all, yes short barrels are more rigid, points to you........secondly they dont lose a little bit of velocity, they lose a ton of velocity, hence the 300 B.O. as was stated before. you talk about them being as accurate as long barrels, yes, but at what range, run a WEZ on a 223 bullet from the velocities on a 10.5 inch gun then a 20 inch gun and tell me the difference, ill save you some time its dramatic.

I never commented on your botched usage of MOA, even though thats a tell in of itself.

Thats cool that you know a CSM, i stood by newt gingrich one time, so by proxy i should be a politician

Once again you attack VG, arrogance and experience are at two opposite ends of the spectrum. i guess one may seem arrogant when speaking truths to the unlearned. i never claimed that you called yourself an expert and after watching the video hope you dont claim to be. and to the point of armchair snipers, consider me one of those guys I've never served a day in my life, but the very well renowned people I've been lucky to share ranges with have and have vouched for the arrogant ******* known to you as VG.

you say VG is not very well liked, welcome to the club, the majority of shooters here will never take a class, and in large part cannot shoot very well, and thats okay. the 2nd amendment still applies. dirt shooters typically do not like being told that doing mag dumps at the range and buying a salient will not turn you into a shooter, or proficient in using a weapon in adverse situations.

Dont play I'm well known in the federal community, it won't bode well in this situation.

I usually dont respond to stuff like this because the bravado is strong on the internet, but please, please do not call VG a coward or cowardly near me, especially being that the reason you are calling him that is because you were questioned about screwing up basic terminology that a man of your experience should be able to rattle off at any given time.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    So the million dollar question is why won't a moderator close this thread?
    There are numerous violations of BS rules, and now we have members calling each other expletives and yet it still goes on.......

This thread is full of bravado, insults, innuendo, and now grown men calling each other names. Are we gonna try for 3 days of this?

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Here we go again.... I'll Make a list of things that you've said that aren't true:

-that you were getting 1/4 MOA Accuracy out of your SBR and bad Ammo.

-that you could extrapolate the results you see getting at 25yds out to longer distances.

-That Velocity does not effect accuracy, only penetration power, and even then only at distance.

-That the only thing that does effect accuracy is Barrel stiffness, and therefore SBR's are more accurate than longer barreled rifles.

-that you were shooting groups that were smaller than the groups you posted pictures of.

-and lastly, that your opinions on. Accuracy and penetration power were somehow rooted in science.

I'm sure I'm not well liked here. I'm ok with that. Since I became active on this board I tried to shed light on ******** like this. There are several people here who, like you, showed up being "experts" and were really full of ****. Some of them recovered and, when shown what they didn't know, took time to actually learn. Some of those guys are mods here now. Some of them just did what you are doing, and wrote it off as me being an *******. The truth is dude, I think you're probably an insecure dude, with maturity issues, which is why you've name dropped, bragged about awards, and made sure everyone knows that the people in DC know about you. Coming here and having someone poke holes in your jibber jabber probably got you defensive and you may not have the maturity to acknowledge you don't know what you are talking about. I don't much care to be honest. The only thing that I really take offense to in this whole charade besides you taking shits at cops who have to do things and face challenges that you in your career never will, is the ******** I'm a vet and I've lost friends card being played. Nobody cares. I'm a vet. I've lost friends, I'm not a victim, I volunteered and so did they. We made choices with consequences by our own leave. You don't get **** in life because you are a vet and nobody on the planet should feel bad for you because you lost friends. Stop being a caricature. Do me a favor, later when you get home count how many hats with Velcro, t-shirts that say I'm an American bad Ass, and paracord bracelets you have. If that number is more than 0 stop being a clown. Get on with your life. You are a vet. You shouldn't need everyone to know that to validate you.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    There are numerous violations of BS rules, and now we have members calling each other expletives and yet it still goes on.......

This thread is full of bravado, insults, innuendo, and now grown men calling each other names. Are we gonna try for 3 days of this?

I would wager the entertainment value in it. It did close briefly yesterday I think there are enough people who like seeing drama unfold that won't watch SAOP network.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I would wager the entertainment value in it. It did close briefly yesterday I think there are enough people who like seeing drama unfold that won't watch SAOP network.

Yeah, it was entertaining the first day, but now its all about 2 guys who just don't know when to tap out, got to have the last word. Reminds me of my high school days so long ago......LOL. It takes a bigger man to just walk away from it.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Here we go again.... I'll Make a list of things that you've said that aren't true:

-that you were getting 1/4 MOA Accuracy out of your SBR and bad Ammo.

-that you could extrapolate the results you see getting at 25yds out to longer distances.

-That Velocity does not effect accuracy, only penetration power, and even then only at distance.

-That the only thing that does effect accuracy is Barrel stiffness, and therefore SBR's are more accurate than longer barreled rifles.

-that you were shooting groups that were smaller than the groups you posted pictures of.

-and lastly, that your opinions on. Accuracy and penetration power were somehow rooted in science.

I'm sure I'm not well liked here. I'm ok with that. Since I became active on this board I tried to shed light on ******** like this. There are several people here who, like you, showed up being "experts" and were really full of ****. Some of them recovered and, when shown what they didn't know, took time to actually learn. Some of those guys are mods here now. Some of them just did what you are doing, and wrote it off as me being an *******. The truth is dude, I think you're probably an insecure dude, with maturity issues, which is why you've name dropped, bragged about awards, and made sure everyone knows that the people in DC know about you. Coming here and having someone poke holes in your jibber jabber probably got you defensive and you may not have the maturity to acknowledge you don't know what you are talking about. I don't much care to be honest. The only thing that I really take offense to in this whole charade besides you taking shits at cops who have to do things and face challenges that you in your career never will, is the ******** I'm a vet and I've lost friends card being played. Nobody cares. I'm a vet. I've lost friends, I'm not a victim, I volunteered and so did they. We made choices with consequences by our own leave. You don't get **** in life because you are a vet and nobody on the planet should feel bad for you because you lost friends. Stop being a caricature. Do me a favor, later when you get home count how many hats with Velcro, t-shirts that say I'm an American bad Ass, and paracord bracelets you have. If that number is more than 0 stop being a clown. Get on with your life. You are a vet. You shouldn't need everyone to know that to validate you.
    Again im responding to your attacks on me. and attempts to discredit me. I do learn, and make mistakes and dont know everything when it comes to shooting. This was Thread was not about any of that. clearly. I do not have a listed Youtube channel. i uploaded the short clips for ease of sharing them to this community to show some fun trigger time.

You Clearly attacked my service. you specifically stated MPs make **** cops, and we are nothing compared to Infantry. I get joking i do it all the time to my Marine Corp, and Navy buddies. You were NOT joking. You took it to a personal level. Noone is insecure here. i'm responding to your continued attack on me. For one you know nothing of what i do on a daily basis in my job, and two i was joking about the 500 shot jab. and busting your balls. which you seem to not have very big balls to bust and took it to heart. i've been in Law enforcement my whole adult life. in and out of the Military. Nothing but respect for all of us who wear a uniform.

I private messaged you what i've done and who knows me to show you validity in what i do. yet you come back to this thread and call me a building guard. again more personal attacks with baseless accusations.

Whoever said anything about getting **** because i'm a Vet? what are you even getting at?

So Because people are proud of their service to our country and tout a Flag hat , they are clowns? boy you are special. Wearing a thin blue line Bracelet to honor fallen Officers, makes me a clown?, wearing a bracelet with the names of my fallen friends who as MP's died in combat fighting Al Queda , makes me a Clown?

you need Help.

Im done with you, we can discuss this in person on Saturday. But im done with this shitshow of a thread.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Again im responding to your attacks on me. and attempts to discredit me. I do learn, and make mistakes and dont know everything when it comes to shooting. This was Thread was not about any of that. clearly. I do not have a listed Youtube channel. i uploaded the short clips for ease of sharing them to this community to show some fun trigger time.

You Clearly attacked my service. you specifically stated MPs make **** cops, and we are nothing compared to Infantry. I get joking i do it all the time to my Marine Corp, and Navy buddies. You were NOT joking. You took it to a personal level. Noone is insecure here. i'm responding to your continued attack on me. For one you know nothing of what i do on a daily basis in my job, and two i was joking about the 500 shot jab. and busting your balls. which you seem to not have very big balls to bust and took it to heart. i've been in Law enforcement my whole adult life. in and out of the Military. Nothing but respect for all of us who wear a uniform.

I private messaged you what i've done and who knows me to show you validity in what i do. yet you come back to this thread and call me a building guard. again more personal attacks with baseless accusations.

Whoever said anything about getting **** because i'm a Vet? what are you even getting at?

So Because people are proud of their service to our country and tout a Flag hat , they are clowns? boy you are special. Wearing a thin blue line Bracelet to honor fallen Officers, makes me a clown?, wearing a bracelet with the names of my fallen friends who as MP's died in combat fighting Al Queda , makes me a Clown?

you need Help.

Im done with you, we can discuss this in person on Saturday. But im done with this shitshow of a thread.

I've just got one ball. It's decidedly avaerage. Probably like a large green grape. Not one of the smaller purple ones.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    One of the moderators closed this thread earlier today, and I wholeheartedly agree with it being closed. I want to make a few general statements though real fast and comment on a couple of posts.

I saw the video. Speaking of a video, when y'all get together at the range we need video of the event. I believe it will be a great time. I'm sure lots could be learned from you guys. Have fun and be safe.

Right here. Internet bickering is dumb. I hope all parties involved have a fun day at the range, kick back, and enjoy the fact that we live in a free country. Lots of stuff in the world sucks, but we all have a lot to be thankful for. Spending time iFighting doesn't really help anyone. I would like to see the video or commentary on how this event goes down, so feel free to post / share it on BayouShooter. It will likely be a learning lesson for BayouShooter members, which is ultimately what we are here for.

I don't think he does which is funny.
    Agreed. Calling out anyone personally on the internet based on a brief snapshot of their life that is expressed on a forum is silly.

The moderators wanted to let it run it's course and play out. Once it got past the line (subjective), it was closed.

Well said.

I hope after this weekend, everything is worked out and everyone can be happy again. The purpose of this site is to meet like minded individuals and connect / interact with them. Everyone can learn something from someone on here. If that happens, we have accomplished our goal. It sucks that drama and trolling gets involved in many things, but it is very difficult to prevent it seems.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom