Some fun at the range.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I never shot my SBR at a distance which would make an impossible shot group possible. I shot at 75 ish yards. And also 25 yards.

If I was shooting 100 or 200 yards it wouldnt be the same grouping. For one I have no optic on this and my eyes are not perfect.

So you understand that your "about .700ish" group at 25yds, isn't that at 100 or 200 yes and again isn't 1/4 MOA? Ok good my work is done then.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Did a few . Also helped apprehend 2 murder suspects on ft. Benning who killed a basic trainee in the barracks.
    I thought we have a good private message going, now we are back to **** talking.

Yeah ill own up to not knowing all MOA science. And I did misspell on the comment. But I stand by my shot groups. And as I mentioned to you privately barrel size does not effect accuracy , only velocity and penetration power at distance. Something you apparently do not understand.

There is actually a lot of science involved with barrel length and accuracy. For instance a 223 reaches maximum velocity in a 20" barrel. The 300aac only needs 8.5 inches to reach maximum velocity. Velocity is important to accuracy because of Newtons law momentum=mass x velocity. The faster an bullet is moving the less likely it is to be affected by wind and gravity making it more accurate. Additionally barrel harmonics can play a part in accuracy as well. The longer a barrel the more opportunity it has to be affected adversely imperfections in the the rifling of just that the barrel is resting on a window of a shooting house.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    So you understand that your "about .700ish" group at 25yds, isn't that at 100 or 200 yes and again isn't 1/4 MOA? Ok good my work is done then.

Like I explained to you I never intended to say I was shooting 1/4 MOA I miss spoke and own that. As not understanding. You really proved nothing.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Ah the "in the real world argument". I care. I care because sometimes I don't have an "8" Kill Zone" I have a 4" target or a 3" target or under stress my shooting ability degrades and I have to be able to hit what I'm aiming at and gunfights are a collection of moments in time and fractions of inches and I'm not interested in giving any of those away.

So shorter barrels are stiffer and more accurate? That's science fact? Have you heard of Straight Taper?

http://www.grizzly.com/products/-33...559?utm_campaign=zPage&utm_source=grizzly.com

That's stiff. And accurate. I'm starting to feel like I'm kicking a person who doesnt know how to stand up... so I'm going to stop. Hopefully there is enough of you clearly not knowing what your talking about in the record now that nobody in their right mind will read this and think you do. FYI, "Military Issue Colts" don't have 16" barrels.
    Well my record stand by research , you can tout your arm chair ******** all day. Science is science, and what you think vs what is reality isn't word of god. And I do have a 16 inch issued colt. As well as select fire M4 14.5 in barrel. We can all test.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    No dude I can't wait. I'm gonna watch you shoot little groups at 25 yards. It will be impressive. Now that we have established it wasn't what you said it was, it's going to be way way less fun. But I will be there.

On the subject of M4/M4A1 Barrel Length:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

The mil issues 14.5" Guns. If you privately own a 16" gun it's a Colt Commercial Clone.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    No dude I can't wait. I'm gonna watch you shoot little groups at 25 yards. It will be impressive. Now that we have established it wasn't what you said it was, it's going to be way way less fun. But I will be there.

On the subject of M4/M4A1 Barrel Length:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine

The mil issues 14.5" Guns. If you privately own a 16" gun it's a Colt Commercial Clone.

M4gery. :D

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Well my record stand by research , you can tout your arm chair ******** all day. Science is science, and what you think vs what is reality isn't word of god. And I do have a 16 inch issued colt. As well as select fire M4 14.5 in barrel. We can all test.

Science like Velocity not effecting accuracy? What you mean to say is Velocity doesn't effect accuracy at 25yds. Still not absolutely true, but a way more accurate statement.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    We had MIL spec m16s with 16, 20 inch barrels ,select fire in inventory.

Wikipedia is bad for your health.

I intend to have fun. Saturday. And I will shoot father then 25 yards. Maybe I'll let you touch my M4. If youre nice.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    This might be a great chance to raise money for a worthy charity. I'm still waiting for John Wick 2. I might watch it at a Holiday Inn just so I can really get the full effect. Lol

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    This might be a great chance to raise money for a worthy charity. I'm still waiting for John Wick 2. I might watch it at a Holiday Inn just so I can really get the full effect. Lol
    lol Keanu has some pretty sick gun skills in real life.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I saw the video. Speaking of a video, when y'all get together at the range we need video of the event. I believe it will be a great time. I'm sure lots could be learned from you guys. Have fun and be safe.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008

I intend to have fun. Saturday. And I will shoot father then 25 yards. Maybe I'll let you touch my M4. If youre nice.

You are a child. I'm grown, I don't Patrol parking lots for a living I have my own guns thanks. You may have had 20" Barreled M16s, but we are talking about M4s.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

You are a child. I'm grown, I don't Patrol parking lots for a living I have my own guns thanks. You may have had 20" Barreled M16s, but we are talking about M4s.
    oh the the old you're a child comment. Was wondering when this would show up.

Sorry not going to Patrol parking lots today. Lot of conference calls on SB51 operational planning with LE brass in houston. But have fun responding to those barking dog complaints.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    oh the the old you're a child comment. Was wondering when this would show up.

Sorry not going to Patrol parking lots today. Lot of conference calls on SB51 operational planning with LE brass in houston. But have fun responding to those barking dog complaints.

It's been a minute since I responded to a barking dog, sport. I should have walked away from this forever ago. Be safe.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom